What was the first band you guys truly loved?

What was the first band you guys truly loved?

The Beach Boys.

Johnny Cash or Gun n' Roses when I was 11.

Bjork. Seriously, I had a year-long period in high-school where I only listened to her. Worthit tho

tokio hotel

City and Colour.... Had just broken up with my first love and heard sleeping sickness. Music all started to make sense.

The Offspring

Nirvana

korn unless rappers count then i guess eminem

I like both those bands, but I kinda feel they're overrated. Not that I've listened much to any of them, so I guess my opinion is worth shit.

Jimi Hendrix when I was 10

Pink Floyd
Now it's les rallizes dénudés

Linkin Park, unfortunately

De Staat

Zappa

Muse, but I don't like them as much as I used to any more

Lmao I don't know why this is so funny

I was 5 man

korn

The Pogues and The Clash

I was fourteen when I started listening to Sublime, I'm no better than you.

same, feels bad

The Beatles.

Mine was Avenged Sevenfold lol

Same

Yorkie Dork and the Rad Hads

Marilyn Manson
If I had to rank his discography however
Antichrist superstar>Portrait of an american family>Mechanical animals>Holy wood>>>>The pale emperor>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Everything else.

Antichrist being a seven

Sum41 at the end of elementary school, I had anger problems so

Early or 00s?

are you me, dubsman?

nice digits btw m8s

still a good band

Mr. Bungle

Nirvana.

I was in middle school and going through a "music elitism" phase. I had 2 shirts and owned all 4 of their albums on CD.

Didn't have any friends tho.

System of a Down.

I still like them tho

>teenage music elitism phase

just like the rest of this board at the moment.

what a shit band

Pink Floyd when I was 16 or something. Currently love Modest Mouse.

kill yourself

I was guilty of these bands at 15. However at 16 I had a huge kvlt and Sunn O))) phase

>guilty of liking good bands

?

I still listen to Nirvana

The offspring is gutter-tier garbage

Elliott Smith and The Shins back in the mid 2000's. I rode my bike up to a local Borders bookstore and used what little cash I had from mowing my neighbor's lawn to buy From a Basement on the Hill and Chutes too Narrow. They were the first albums I picked out to listen to for myself (I mean I read reviews and such because I had so little money) and I've been spending way, way, way too much on music ever since.

Same story

nah, you're just a fag

green day desu. before that i just listened to movie soundtracks

early modest mouse

Guns N Roses
I still think Use Your Illusion is gud tho.

joy division because of tony hawk's underground 2

coldplay

Black Sabbath, touched my soul, man.

LRD when I was 6

blink-182
Green Day
Sum 41
Descendants
Nirvana
NOFX
Weezer
Goldfinger

Still listen to them.

Thisssss.

The Black Parade was better

excellent taste nonetheless.

Black Sabbath. Loved them from the beginning, and still do.

My man.

Dire Straits, Pink Floyd, and The Police. All of them are still among my favorite bands.

Dire Strait's debut fills me with a strange sense of nostalgia that no album ever does, which is strange considering I was born ~20 years after it came out.

these fags

Modest Mouse for sure, when I was 13 or 14

Mine was Korn as well

Probably The Beatles

say anything

Oh sure.. you are so cultivated fuck you
Mine was Rasmus as a lil lil kid

This
or maybe Weird Al if that counts

LCD Soundsystem

Your pic related senpai

I was trying to remember from my teenage years when I began finding music but then I realized the proper answer would be from when I was a little kid and the only music I was exposed to was the music the people I lived with were listening to

In that case, I seem to remember the band I was shown that I enjoyed the most was maybe Dogwood, I can't even remember most of the other bands I used to listen to, having to borrow cd's from the church library

Fuck OP, thanks for bumming me out

>No TOOL
Are y'all fags are something?

Pink Floyd

I Brought You My Bullets was their best, none of the others were ever that consistently top notch

Thin Lizzy--thanks, dad!
First self-found would be The Smashing Pumpkins.
I'm still a big fan of both, though Billy is a fucking worry these days.

Are you me? It should be noted that all those bands were amazing album makers in their prime. Though I really don't adore Floyd as much as used to.

Bombay Vikings

fuck yeah

weezer when i was 14, thank god i grew out of that shit

I feel sorry for you, their last 2 albums have been great.

Blink 182 when i was 12. It was how i got into rock music, before that it was just latin music my parents listened to.

Nirvana at 14 was the band that made me buy a guitar though.

Quick question. do you guys still listen to those bands from your childhood/early teens? or what are your views on the music you used to listen to?

I dont really listen to new Blink albums or green day, or any of the pop punk bands that were big when i was 13ish (i tried listening to the latest blink album for kicks and i didnt really like it)

.....however i'll go back and listen to the few albums and songs that i really loved at the time and i can look at them fondly.

I still enjoy all of that shit, more so then when I was younger.

I even loved California and Revolution Radio.

That whole genre is a lot of fun if you let it be. Enjoy the music for the music, not the nostalgia it carries.

HIM

Never got into them, user, is worth getting into them as a college freshmen?

Bullets and Revenge are still 10/10s

Yes. I listened only to the Beatles from 6th to 9th grade. I think I felt like I was cheating on them if I listened to something else.

>that whole genre is a lot of fun if you let it be. Enjoy the music for the music, not the nostalgia it carries.

idk about that....Its def the nostalgia for me.

Smashing pumpkins..

nine inch nails

Yup

Green Day,

ditto

lmao ABBA when i was like 7 years old. i do still love them though. They gave me my own taste in music outside of just whatever was on the radio or whatever my parents were listening to.

Red Hot Chili Peppers back when I was 8 when I bought Californication because I liked the album cover.
It changed my life, it made me get very interested in music
I still love them and I'm 23

My first memory is listening to revolver while driving around in my dad's truck, so I'd say the Beatles.

The Mountain Goats

The Mars Volta.

Me and my best friend were learning to play guitar and his older brother showed us Deloused, which had just come out at the time, and both of us became obsessed. I spent like a month and a half learning to play Eriatarka. Now that I think about it, that was almost 14 years ago, holy shit.

Said friend ended up going to college out of state and had a weird mental breakdown and ended up stabbing someone and going to prison. He claimed he didn't remember doing it. Really sad as he might be the smartest guy I ever met.

The Black Parade is the first album I loved listening to. I think I bought it around the time I started middle school. I also bought Crazy Frog's Crazy Hits alongside it

same