Why does America not have any squares? You see a lot of parks, but large...

Why does America not have any squares? You see a lot of parks, but large, paved open areas for pedestrians are very rare to come upon.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_foreign-born_population
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because they are round

Cities with squares were built before the automobile era, unlike 99% of american cities

I guess the architects and city planners never cared for it.

In my experience pedestrian areas are pretty shoddy in US cities, they are built around cars.

Because only plebians walk.

Real Americans drive.

I have not yet collected this flag.

We (unlike gay yuropoors) resist globalism

>most famous American square
>is not square
>full of cars

Real Americans drive automatic
fixed it for you, bud

Why do you need one?

Because the only public space anyone is willing to spend money on in the US is shopping space. All the other space is divided up into GIT OFF MAH LAWN private properties.

American city planners have prioritised cars over people since the 1950s.

Historically main squares were used for markets and political announcements and were the pivot point for administration and commerce. Generally public spaces promote public activities and therefore communal bonding.

i was in saudi arabia for the past year

>political announcements
>promote public activities
Hopefully that doesn't mean something like BLM movements

Americans don't walk.

It's also for public executions.

Wouldn't you rather protests take place in a square downtown than in the middle of the freeway?

Although american freeways run directly through their downtown anyway I guess

>globalism
>Agent of American imperialism, imposing their will on the entire world for the profits of their companies and the wealth of their citizens
>Autismo population reaches critical weight
>Turn on their own apparatus

Was it the immunisation injections?

The world is meant to serve the American people. It's not globalist if the usa does it because we are the successor to rome.

>a square downtown than in the middle of the freeway
Eh not really. In downtown, there are a lot of properties those fucks can damage while it isn't the case for the middle of highway.

Protests are illegal in USA. If you want to organise a 'peaceful protest' you have to request permission in advance and the police will put you in a tiny fenced area surrounded by riot squads from which you cannot move and you're only given a couple hours at most.

>would you rather BLM protesters be somewhere they can't be hit by cars?
What a silly question.

>Memes are illegal in Finland. If you want to organise a 'dank meme' you have to request permission in advance and the police will put you in a tiny message board surrounded by bears from which you cannot move and you're only given a couple seconds at most.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

Maybe if your communities grew closer together, you'd finally figure out a way to fix the violent poverty in your country. But you don't want that. You want wealth segregation. You want to live in your quiet fenced off neighborhood far away from all the issues of your society. Because America is about individualism and individualism means that nothing is ever your responsibility.

Well, Koreans and black lived quite close to each other before the LA riots. Obviously that did not prevent Koreans from being robbed.

Pretty much the same thing happens with Hispanics and blacks. They often live very close but never make much interaction.

Maybe, it is true for homogeneous countries in Europe but I don't think it works when there are multiple groups.

Nobody makes any interaction in the US because there are no public spaces. No decent parks, no squares, no pedestrian zones, just everyone's neighborhoods sprinkled with strip malls or shopping malls to rush in and rush out of.

Public space is a waste when there is money to be had. Using land area for something that doesn't charge money for access isn't smart, you need to slap a business of some kind on it, hire guards to harass anyone who loiters there without buying anything, that sort of thing.

Oh right, I forgot that Americans made it illegal to be in public without buying anything.

>homogeneous countries in Europe

Having a lesser variation of skin colour does not always mean ac ountry is homogeneous, you're behind Luxembourg and not much far ahead of Switzerland, Australia and New Zealand.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_foreign-born_population