Americunt here. I am booking a 2 week vacation to Europe in summer of 2017...

Americunt here. I am booking a 2 week vacation to Europe in summer of 2017. I will be spending a week in Rome and another in Paris. Any advice you euros can give me? General do's and don'ts? Should I tip? What to wear? How can I expect to be treated? What should i do and places i should see? Tbh I'm a little nervous. Nervous of mudslimes and euros who hate Americans in general. I just want to go and learn some shit and come home in one piece.

Pic related it's me on my trip to NYC in 2015

Other urls found in this thread:

red-travel.com/en/italia-in-ferrari/ferrari-tour/index.htmv
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>get a Canadian shirt
>wear it
>never take it off

When you go in Rome don't pay coffee 12 euros
Max 2€
More it's a scam

Was gonna say the same thing.
Practice up on your Eh and your aboots.
And act sad cuz Gordie Howe died.

Be Canadian. Come to England. Fuck London visit the lake district

Stay away amerifag

I want to see London someday but not on this trip. Going with family and the plan is Italy and France. Pretend to be Canadian eh? Is it that bad to be an American in europe?

No.

Take a trip to Marseille, it`s very nice and quite peaceful this time of year.

Never look a muslim in the eyes they're like feral dogs. Also when you encounter gypsies keep your wallet close.

I don't think it's about people hating Americans, but more about them looking at you as easy prey for scams/robbery etc.

And also, neither the Italians or the French speak much english so buy a pocket dictonary, and those also have a little ekstra information about the do's and dont's

Would it be a bad idea to remind the French of the time USA liberated Paris from Nazi Germany?

stay away from the asylum centers

stay in freedomland you fucking hamburger we dont want you fat cucks over in europe

OP you may wanna listen to this guy... extra emphasis on the beware of gypsies part

dont go to paris, all you need to see you can see in 1 day. Go to Bordeaux instead, much less shit skins and loads of historic shit. Most of "France" is located in small country side villages. Biggest cities are often overrated.

Not sure if this is how it really is over there or just how people on Sup Forums feel. When I was in NY I met lots of Europeans and we talked and had mutual respect.

problems with muslims are highly overstated. Don't worry. Same with terror and hatred of Americans.
I mean, if you do want to argue international politics or religion you probably can, but if you don't, don't.
Do tip, if you feel the service has been good but nowhere near as much as in the states.
Vatican in Rome, and other basilicas.
For Paris visiting all the normal sights is prolly ok, but I'd avoid the Eiffel Tower. It's highly overrated and getting in takes an entire day. The Louvre is notoriously closeable(It's been closed 3/4 times I've been there), but if you're lucky you an get in and that is a really cool tour.
Frankly I think Paris is overrated and would much rather go to Nice or Carcassonne. Or Berlin or Brussels.

You're loud and fat and greasy cunts no one wants to listen to you or smell you you fat fuckface

just try not to be too muchve an asshole
Im so glad I dont have to deal with foreigners any more esp americans and chinese
no, so long as you behave calmly and rationally but a lot of you seem to have a problem with that unfortunately

Beware of gypsies.

BEWARE OF GYPSIES.

keep your wallet in your inside pocket zipped up.

Thank you user

How on earth would that be good? What kind of casual chitchat are you imagining having with the locals?

Protip Paris: Dine out for lunch, and eat baguettes for supper. If you wanna party, go to Place de Bastille. There's loads of fun bars and stuff going on

Pro tip Pairs 2: French guys are very upfront with girls, and don´t take a no for no, expect them to intercept your date, be cool, don´t be agressive, but also don't be beta as fuck amerifag

be carefull on the beers m8, we can and will drink till we pass out everyday, so they're normally pretty strong. none of that american pisswater over here.

skip Paris go to Germany

Well considering I speak zero french or Italian I probably have have much conversation.

Fuck Rome all the underage hookers are in Eastern Europe

Why does everyone want to visit the main capitals? They are so overcrowded with tourists. Yes, Rome and Paris is worth sightseeing. For 1 day. Not more. If you go to Italy, go to Florence for example. Or if you go to France, go to Marseille. Not Paris. Not Rome.
Europe has so much more to offer then just these two cities.
Anywayz, Italians and French are not know for their perfect English, so expect a language barrier in some cases.

When negotiating the purchases of their daughters always ask for a receipt

Won't have much*

>American
>I speak zero french or Italian
We got you, no one expects anything from you

lmao I speak italiano spaghetti XD

> overcrowded with tourists
> go to Florence instead

You w0t m8?

Hey OP unless you are fucking poor, you could arrange a week with this company. The only real way to travel Italy is in a Ferrari

red-travel.com/en/italia-in-ferrari/ferrari-tour/index.htmv

XD I speak American M16 hamburger child obesity Donald Trump
Also I bite that bait again

>Rome
>Paris
Expect to be treated as one out of millions of tourists visiting these two cities each year. This may included scam, pick-pockets and the chance to feel like a trip to Disneyland instead of visiting European capitals.
Otherwise as long as you behave commonly, you have nothing to fear. It is rather unlikely you will run into problematic districts by accident.

In general I would consider other destinations as well. Copenhagen, Barcelona or Munich are very nice places to visit.

Why go in summer? It'll be crowded as fuck.

Go in mid-spring.

Get in here

Agreed, I believe one or two days is more than enough for a tourust crowded capital. If you truly wish to get a better impression of a country, it is so much better to visit the smaller, unknown towns. You could also try to figure out where the backpackers from the world are mostly going. From my experience they are often open and rons of fun to hang out with

Lot of french people speak english, so you will get some help easily.
Frenchfag here, just smile and be happy with people, and french people will be cool.

Dude Rome it's way too dangerous instead Florence

I didn't know American was a language.

Hillary Clinton*

If your a decent guy dont be the American cuck that wears Canadian shit thinking it will make their experience better

nice job... you chose the two countries that suck the most when it comes to english. better bring a freaking translater app

Marseille ?

Un étranger qui se perd à Marseille c'est chaud pour sa face, arrête avec tes idées de merde t'as pas vu les incidents qu'il y a eu récemment ?

Marseille est une belle ville mais pour un premier voyage en France c'est très con de lui dire ça.

American English sound different from British English.
You know what I mean

Yup. Just dont tell anyone that you are Americunt

dont give money to gypsies

how do you pay the whores

>Hey you shitface, guess where I'm from? U.S.A! U.S.A! You aint got shit one me you eurocuck shit face. Get some jesus and freedums ya fuck! Where the fuck is U.S flag we own dis place!

with money?

only in some cases? the itialn's english is a joke and the french... well... they are the french. no fucks given there

yeah, I have some advice.

Don't go to Rome and specially don't go to Paris.

no wonder amerifags hate europe after visiting.

>the itialn's english
Well thank you

he said don't give the gypsies money

Unless you're german.

Ahahaha
German girls love french accent whereas we in France find your accent horrible.

You mad ?

>USA in a nutshell.

You could also give some better advice, in English, instead of being a French asshole

Voulez vous coucher avec moi? ;D

Don't go to Paris, friend. The ONLY people there are mudslimes and Euros who hate Americans

Faggot with a Baggot

I said there was some agressions in Marseille today and if you're a visitor and you lose your way you could have trouble in Marseille.

It's a beautiful city but not the city where to go on your fist travel in France.

first*

Nope.

OP here how do I spot a gypsy?

well just do this and everything will work out

Anything with non-white skin begging you somethin

English hooligans were bashing on Russian hooligans and vice versa.
Only mistake was to stop them instead of letting the problem solve itself.

So you're referring to English then?

here are some recommended places to visit in Europe for people who come to Sup Forums for advice on that shit.

greek islands (in summer)
Amsterdam
Barcelona (most of spain is ok, but go to Barcelona first)
Budapest

A man is going to die, what if police didnt do anything ?

Go to Russia they have no H so no hooligans

nice try.

I happen to know russia is full of russians, nobody wants to touch that shit.

If you want a russian gal (and I can see why you would) just go to the web and buy one. Not worth having to deal with a russian guy to get one

Wear an American flag t shirt and tuck it in your denim shorts so we can spot you from a block away and know to stay away from you. Bonus points if you have one of these.

More hooligans would be lying in their own pool of blood. Nothing of value would be lost.

That's why OP must not go to Marseille.

English (Simplified)

What a shit brain you are

They have no H so no Hooligans the do have a problem with Gooligans

is that way

ok, I lost

Also I am a big on world history especially WWII. Wouldn't mind visiting the maginot line and the western front. Would consider taking a train to Germany for a couple of days too. What do you think about Cologne and Stuttgart?

Memorize a few 9/11 jokes so that you can blend in at bars.

jump into the river seine.

I highly recommend that you learn a handful of basic words that you may need. Many people know English in Europe but some are so fed up with tourists that they'll pretend to not understand so they can ignore you. If you make an effort, you'll be treated better.

>Last summer
>Metro Station, Paris, France
>Go up to guy in ticket booth
>"Excuse me, do you speak English"
>"non"
>Remember some basic phrases from high school and start racking my brain to remember the word for tickets
>"sil vous plait . . . deux . . . bil . . . bilets? . . . a"
>He responds in a French accent, speaking English, "okay, okay where do you want to go?"

Trust me. Just know a few words like tickets, where is the bathroom, please, thank you, and how to count up to the number of people travelling with you. They care about the effort.

I am thinking of taking my senior year physics elective class in Germany next summer. Any tips for me?

I am white, of German heritage (family came to US in 1897) but I speak zero German.

I am a bigger in shape guy so I am not worried about being fucked with physically but I am worried I won't connect with anyone and I need an outlet to have fun after long days at school studying QM.

In other words, will German chicks fuck me?

looking now and it seems they gave up using there own word and have incorporated the English word into Russian law

>budapest
>europe

fucking turk you will never be part of EU

Look for ware they did the failed Nuclear research and measure the radiation levels

In Rome do as Romans do

that is mainly a french thing those guys are known as romantic but most are just assholes

My university here in the states has a school they exchange with so I will not be able to choose the area I live in. I can't recall the name of the city but it is a larger university in northern German with an excellent undergrad quantum mechanics rep.

Honestly I am just worried I will be like the german roommate I lived with last summer. He was here on the same program but only hung out with other Germans on campus/dorms.

I wanna party with the locals and get my dick wet. Honestly wouldn't mind putting a baby in a local German chick before I leave. I know that is fucked up but I want to setup a franchise over there.

Cologne is fine, but I would not recommend Stuttgart. If you are interested in history, you could visit the Old Town of Heidelberg for a day instead, drink a beer in one of the many pubs visited by student in the evening and continue your travel on the next day.

We had a German exchange student and first day she went and bought beet not knowing it was illegal

Then we returned her home that night drunk and wearing a American flag as a shirt and otherwise covered in vomit

That's true, but I was also saying that in the event that he runs into someone who genuinely doesn't speak any English at all.

Real people from Europe are good and humble

WATCH OUT FOR PICKPOCKETS IN ITALY!

PICKPOCKETS IN ITALY PICKPOCKETS IN ITALY PICKPOCKETS IN ITALY PICKPOCKETS IN ITALY PICKPOCKETS IN ITALY PICKPOCKETS IN ITALY PICKPOCKETS IN ITALY PICKPOCKETS IN ITALY PICKPOCKETS IN ITALY

World's worst place for getting pickpocketed. Even if you have one of those strapped to your body wallets that people wear under their shirts is no guarantee.

>Don't carry your passport on you
>NEVER carry your wallet in your back pants pocket or your jacket pocket - Keep your wallet in your front left pocket, and when you're in a crowded place keep your left hand in your pocket with your wallet clutched.
>Not a bad idea to have a backup credit/debit card that you leave in the hotel in case you do get robbed.
>If someone is asking you to sign a petition or something in a public square (especially in English) then they are probably distracting you while someone else pulls out your wallet.

When my dad lived in Italy, he told me that men on the bus would straight up stick their wallets into their tidey-whities crotch to avoid getting pickpocketed.