Lets not let it die

Lets not let it die
Continue from

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FgOK0Fwjidg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

well the ice would just cool down the fire in the other sun and it just be a big mass of liquid water

>Normal sun made of lava
>made of lava
>lava

The public school system is a failure...

>sun made of ice

people never think about the lavas heat radiation would melt some of the ice suns ice thus lava sun will win narrow victory
>its like you dont even try

>left one made of lava
Its made of gas

Have you ever seen a sun made of lava?
yes, just look up the sky
Have you ever seen a sun made of ice?
no, lava sun already won

>this

You haven't seen a lava sun either. Our sun is a combination of nuclear fission and fusion reactions. Not lava.

they would both cancel out each other in a supernova or combine but outcome is either supernova or mega rocky planet

Einstein wrote a long ass paper on this if you ever have a free day to read it. Basically it turns to nothing most of the time, like they literally counter each other's matter and just turn to a vacuum. But every once in a while it turns into a luke warm water sun.

the sun is made of plasma not lava fucking retard

The ice sun would win as the ice would easily melt the lava

>all these newfags

Where did you learn that middle school?

Take some College astrophysics courses you pleb.

Fucking summerfags

we're done here

The sun is made of lava and that's a fact that's been well known for decades now. Where have you been?

Found the fucking moron.

> -1000℃

Do you even physics?

How do you explain lava being the only thing able to have the same temperature as a sun then?

Sun weights 10 million pound: FAIL (Not sure, what a pound is as I came from civilised country, where we use metric system, but a sun weights billions of tones).
Lava sun: Fail
ice sun (Fail) .1000° (fail). Nothing can reach a temperature below -273°C or 0°K
There are no ice suns, and no lava suns.

>The sun is made of lava and that's a fact that's been well known for decades now. Where have you been?

>master baiter. Levels over 9000

Just because you haven´t seen a sun that weights 10 million pounds doesn´t mean it doesn´t exist moron.

Same goes for Lava suns and ice suns nigger

Where? I don't see any morons having sex.

This is a great day for Sup Forums, we're making so many new friends!

>you brought it back.
BRUH

Is that kid balding already?

actually you can have negative kelvin temperatures, but OP clearly does not get even close to knowing about this...
see 60 symbols vid about this if you dont trust me

It's literally impossible for a star to be that size. Its too small to sustain nuclear reactions.

>Heat will go up because lighter
>Cold will go down because heavier
The suns will never collide, learn some physics niggers

Stop being a faggot.

civilised country
not sure, what a pound is (not sure what a pound is)
where we use metric system (use the metric system)
but a sun (a star)
weights (weighs)
tones (tonnes)

Also, the bait is strong in this thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=FgOK0Fwjidg

Then how can nuclear warheads (4-5m length) contain nuclear reactions buttboy?

Fuck of with your europoor made up units.

A few billionths below 0 kelvin.
I don't think anyone here knows that because it is useless to know. Its just generally accepted that you can't go below absolute 0

>usless
>frictionless vehicle

What?

ok, ill hell op.
sun is sun, specs equal to, humm,,,
the fucking sun
now the cold sun is acutally made of weird matter that can absorb energy equal to the sun per volume, say, if you get a particular part of the sun, like 1 cubic centimeter of some part, the equivalent part of cold sun can absorb the entire energy of that and make it into something 2 times the mass of that cubic centimeter, but that will be at 0 kelvin
>well, I have no idea how cold suns structure would maintain itself over time

Nuclear warheads DO NOT undergo nuclear fusion.

I don't understand why ya'll are mad about the -1000 degrees. It states "celtigrades", so he can't really be wrong about his own made up metric.

Pretty sure they do.

The 1 million upside-down lions would win.

They do asshat, why call them nuclear warheads then?

You might want to go back to middle school then.
Because they undergo nuclear fission.

Is bait?
Why do you think bombs explode fuckwad?

Jokes on you, I am in middleschool.

not quite,
since it is possible to go below 0 kelvin (and we can model this), then OP presents a possible scenario

So they do nuclear after all.

> Check
> Mate

Can't tell if ironic or doesn't know the sun isn't made of lava -_-
The sun is hydrogen fusing together to make other elements. It's nuclear not fucking lava you retard

>Because they undergo nuclear fission.
see I wasn´t wrong. You just made yourself look like a fool.
I know it can be hard, we really should just call them "lava bombs" to make it easier for illiterate kids

>nuclear nut lava
Glad you cleared that up

Nuclear fission is not Nuclear fusion.

I guess we can call ducks Nuclear animals because they contain atoms with nucleus too, then.

we just confirmed nuclear = lava
read the thread

Physics major here.
The answer is 9,000,000,001 lassos.

the lassos

It's the same damn thing unless you're somekind of scientit.

Listen up niggers, the ice sun would win because it would undergo fusion and become a normal sun. the lava sun would turn into a rock and orbit the normal sun. Its kindergarten shit

>taking so many baits

Gravity is so severe that the core of the sun is compressed 15 times denser than lead. That's how fusion happens

>ka me ha me

Why has no one suggested this yet??

That's like saying you can turn water into ice by heating it up. They're both changing the temperature, so it's the same thing.

It's not actually. The temperature and pressure of the sun are too low to undergo nuclear fusion. It does it due to quantum tunneling. Trust me, I'm a scientit.

This

So, here's what happens.
Ignoring your obvious retardation and trollery, let's just say we have a 10M lb. mass of lava which is the same size as our sun, and a 10M lb. mass of ICE that is also the same size as our sun.

Regardless of temperatures, what happens when they collide, is... nothing. At that density, there would be so few lava and ice molecules per cubic mile, the odds of them ever striking one another are essentially zero. You could sling these "stars" (actually faint, whispy balls of gas) - directly into one another, and they would sail right through one another with literally no measurable impact or interference.

At some astronomically small level you might be able to measure some gravitic attraction, but really... not anything strong enough to encounter a mouse fart's worth of momentum.

mfw -1000 Celsius is impossible.

>-1000 degrees celtigrade
no

>Physicist talking about astronomy.
Go back to finishing quantum physics fag.

No. OP's scenario is complete dogshit.

Lava is a solid liquid, ice is solid, it will collide.

hey >:( That is mine!

See that's what I though too

I know nothing of stars colliding, have we ever seen anything like that or just theories?

What about the cores, they are immeasurably dense right?

Wouldn't at least the cores collide or some sort of gravitational force due to the sheer amount of mass they would have?

Inner leprechaun swells with lucky charms

>they are immeasurably dense right?
no
>sheer amount of mass they would have?
they have very very tiny mass in OP's scenario.

>a mouse fart's momentum relative to a fly is staggering.

A chunk of meth is a solid, right? Chop it up finely enough, and it will be a powder you can snort. Chop it a hundred thousand times more finely than that, and it will still have way bigger chunks than the lava and ice would have in order to be distributed in a sphere the size of our sun and only weigh 10M lbs.

And, don't even get me started about how nonsensical it is to use a measure of weight instead of mass when describing celestial objects...

Listen, you're all my bitches now

Also, you would get an error 404: Education not found.

Because those tiny particles are easier to measure then to weigh? Please no one would have an idea what the numbers mean.

So many people biting.

>Responding to b8 means you didn't know it was b8

Nope, we have actual photos of stars that already collided, stars in the process of colliding, stars that are about to collide, and remnants of stars that collided eons ago. Stars colliding are pretty neat, and we have found many many many examples of this happening.

We've also seen gases as thin as what OP described, including stuff containing ice and including stuff that might be described as lava, interacting (or rather, failing to) with jets of similarly dense gases going other directions. So literally every part of OP's scenario has been seen in nature. Even temperatures like -1000 degrees (but it probably doesn't mean what you think it means).

How's that for a plot twist?

Sun is the proper name on just one of many trillions of stars. There are not suns. There is only one Sun, son.

Um, I am actually Bill Nye (yes, the science guy). I sometimes hang out on Sup Forums. So please don't use my picture to say stupid things.

You should also know that it's common practice to refer to other sun-like stars as suns. Even scientists do it.

I should probably have explained: by sun-like, I just mean a star with a planetary system. And, it turns out that a lot more stars have them than we once thought!

nuclear bombs DO use fusion. it depends what kind of nuclear bomb it is. the first type used uranium or plutonium, they were fission bombs and were colloquially known as atomic bombs. thats what got dropped on japan in WW2
then there were more powerful hydrogen bombs, which are fusion bombs. they use a uranium or plutonium fission reaction to set off a much more powerful hydrogen fusion reaction, those are called thermonuclear bombs.

Hey bill nye, can you post of picture off your butthole with the periodic table of elementary particles written on your bums and a timestamp pls? Sharpie only, I don't care for shitty markers.

Wrong you stupid fuck its 9,000,000,000. Less lassos means it can move faster. Agility always beats power every play Pokemon?

But Bill Nye is not actually a scientist. He just plays one on TV. He holds a masters in engineering.

Nice trips tho

But those use the energy released by the fission reaction to set off the fusion reaction, not just the mass of the reactants like was relevant to the post I was replying to.

Not when dealing with lassos, total mass is more important in this case. Physics > Pokemon.

considering the ice is literally Nan%^? colder than space, I think the ice planet would win.

Well, you know - Sarah Palin said something like that about me once, and it's just as funny now as it was then. What exactly do you think Engineering might be, if not applied science?

What I meant to say is "How do you know what scientists call stars, Bill. You don't even know what a scientist is."

How big is "Not a number percent to the power of question mark"?

its still a fusion reaction in a very small object, way smaller than the suns in the pic

Weight is an indirect way of measuring mass, as it really measures the pull of gravity exerted on an object by some other nearby mass. In our case, it's usually the earth. In close proximity to the earth, a certain amount of water will generally weigh about one pound. But things get more complicated when you measure it in a different place - say, somewhere like the surface of the moon - it would take over 6 times as much water to make a pound.

This is why it is smarter to use measurement units of mass (like grams, for example) - instead of weight. One gram is always one gram, no matter where you measure it.

You're right. You have proven that a very small object with the volume and mass of a nuclear warhead has the mass and pressure necessary to start a nuclear fusion reaction unaided by the sheer pressure and mass alone.

fucking retard.

kek