Why do people hate Beats? I'm a poorfag so I've never used them but they're almost universally despised...

Why do people hate Beats? I'm a poorfag so I've never used them but they're almost universally despised. Is it audiophile autism?

overpriced by a bit just because they look nice

Overpriced for the lack of quality. You can buy better headphones for the same price or cheaper.

They aren't awful or anything, but you can get better, more balanced headphones for half their price. Same with Bose products.

Awful sound leak, shit quality, overpriced, etc

>buying beats when you can get almost get sennheiser hd598's for the money

they are not THAT bad, but people who buy them do so because they are "in" and/or they don't know/care they could get better ones for the money. you're basicly outing yourself that those things apply to you.

I've not heard it give it ago after I've listened to Tina Turner Break Every Rule

oh they're headphones

sorry no I use >

They're shitty chinese headphones that got marked up 1000% higher because Dre put his name on them. The only legitimate reason to buy them in particular is just if you want them as a fashion accessory

I doubt that they are that bad a product, how expensive are they?

Right. Imma buy some cans Open Back or Closed Back?

ranges around $250

Because they a the literal definition of good marketing while being shit quality in comparison to headphones in a similar price range + normfags think they are a fashion statement

The solo HD are the best ones they ever made and actually sound pretty good
the marketing thing got even worse when Apple took over
They marked up everything by $100

So as good as a Shure 840 . . . Hmmmmmmmm

Open will give you a wider, more natural soundstage but will leak sound in and out.

Closed will generally give more bass but will feel like you're listening in a smaller enclosed spaced.

My advice, get Fidelio X2s. They're open but have excellent bass. They have superb clarity, soundstage and a very musical sound signature (as opposed to studio monitor style headphones like Audio Technica M50s which are quite sterile but for some reason very popular). They simply make listening to music very enoyable.

Yes but I have to have my music very loud so that I can't hear people near or around me. I think the sound leak will mean they will touch me so that I reduce the sound. In that case I would best stick to closed back speakers. I imagine open back headphones are wonderful for walking with. That's what I'll do.

Oh yeah if you're taking them out of the house you definitely want closed backs.

>Fidelio X2s.
I see that they have a higher frequency range (5-40000Hz) than the Shure headphones I am interested in (5 Hz – 25 kHz )

>hd598's when you can get DT880's for almost the same price
baka desu

t. someone who has absolutely no idea what they are talking about

bass is very muddy and treble is turned down to try and boost the bass. I also had an earache from how uncomfortable the padding is after using my brothers pair for about an hour. They're pretty ugly too. Plus like everyone else has said they're very overpriced.

My God they are ugly though

Beats pro studio are the only ones that dont sound like shit, and they are an alright headphone but not for the price.

No respected studio uses beats (only edm prodcuers tend to). M50s are better in every way

They released ones that look exactly like the 558s last year. Look up 598 special edition. Better cables too, I think.

15 - 28,000 Hz

mediocre headphones for 3-5 times the price you can buy equally good headphones.
also they boost bass massively, (which some people enjoy, but it doesn't sound good for all kind of music, and it goes against the artists' intensions)

>omg i just cant live without inaudible frequencies :)

800 hours, still waiting

They sound better than your average out-of-the-box headphones, but they are horribly overpriced and sound unbalanced - too much muddy bass, for example.
Beats are pure marketing and fashion, they are subpar headphones, you can use them if you want to fit in, that's their only purpose, literally what they were made for.
If you buy those and don't show off to a specific kind of crowd to gain various profits - you are literally a tool who just wasted their money.

This. The only situation where it matters is if you wanna get raped by subwoofer bass.

HD 800 S
(4 - 51,000 Hz)

>if you wanna get raped by subwoofer bass
. . .Yes, like what? Why are we here.

are these still the go-to ones for this rough price range
i need to buy new headphones soon and was thinking of just grabbing the special edition of them

[spoiler]Are there any headphones around $100 that are not very terrible? I never had one before and I don't wanna risk wasting $300 on something I don't know well.[/spoiler]

/r/ing the beats copypasta
the one that presents them as the pinnacle of hi-fi headphones

dunno but the Shure ones will probably be better than $3.50 in-ear head phones from the fair I expect. I don't know what Sony have to offer. . .

Where was I wrong?

They're like the mac of headphones.

>thinking the brown on ivory is ugly
I feel bad for you man. I love my pair

I got my meme50s for $100 on sale

MDR-ZX770BN Noise Cancelling Bluetooth
8Hz-22000Hz (Wired)

Overpriced because it says Dr.Dre on the name

Are Bluetooth headphones lower quality than cable headphones? If I buy the sony Bluetooth headphones it will complement my Walkman. Maybe if I chose the Shure SRH840 it will be a better sound quality? The Bluetooth would be handy for listening when walking however. I can't see that Shure manufacture closed back Bluetooth headphones.

theyre all weird and bassy and you could get so much better for your money

they're a pretty solid pair in that price range if you want open-back