What is so special about this album? I've listened to it thrice and can't understand the praise it gets...

What is so special about this album? I've listened to it thrice and can't understand the praise it gets. My biggest gripe is that the vocalist makes himself the centre of attention when he isn't even a good singer. The instrumentation is good I have to say it, but the vocals ruin the entire album for me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DfkPmbg1ymM
youtube.com/watch?v=RpCArGNKLR8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

nigga u got dubs!

Reggie Watts agrees with you

youtube.com/watch?v=DfkPmbg1ymM
youtube.com/watch?v=RpCArGNKLR8

I bet you liked Pablo Honey

This is the only radiohead album I've ever listened to. Not really fun of alternative rock, but my friend lent me the album.

that's the last radiohead alt rock album

dont worry bro

I've listened to it at least 20 times and I still don't understand the hype

I really like this album but there's nothing groundbreaking or new in this album. Don't worry dude

Were you expecting something new from an album released in 1997?

It's not their best album certainly, but Yorke's vocals are amazing. The combination of his somewhat whiny vocals combined with the rockiness of the guitars and, as you pointed out, the masterful instrumentation is something rarely seen in music before it. Yes, it's a little overhyped, but it's still a wonderful album if you don;t make it out to be the most influential album of the century. It's largely a matter of preference, but I don't understand how you could come away from this album without enjoying it a bit.

Well, AnCo did a lot of new things in 00s. So, yea, why not?

It took me 4 listens to really get into it

It's because it's just 'OK'.

Try listening to another album of theirs. Maybe Kid A. They significantly change their sound on pretty much every album of theirs so maybe hearing the vocals in a different context will change your perspective.

>implying Thom Yorke isn't a God tier singer

I'm not a fan of the whiny vocals to be honest.

God tier? He is average at best if we're comparing him to other rock vocalists. Robert Halford and Freddie Merucry are much better than Thom Yorke and I'd consider these two to be the best two rock vocalists.

>Freddie Mercury

>I can't think of a reasonable argument but I still want to feel superior to him so I'll greentext the name of a singer he mentioned and just leave it that

>Freddie Mercury

Name a better rock vocalist than Mercury.

We did it reddit!

DIGA UM!