Tfw too intellectual to watch sports

>tfw too intellectual to watch sports

I actually had the attitude that sports were beneath me in my early teens. Then I discovered hockey.

fuck off with this shit tier /fit/ meme

and a wicked sense of humor

>tfw TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU intellectual TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU watch sports

this wickedness must be stamped out

(you)
(you)
(you)
(you)

I literally work in Academia and watch sports

frick off

just watch sports with incredibly deep strategy like basketball or MMA

only a reddit tier psuedointellectual doesn't find complicated sports mentally stimulating

>Sábato loved football
>Camus even played as a GK
this fag doesn't deserve a single (you)

I had this same exact thought until I graduated high school.

You'll cringe at yourself when you turn 18 too, I promise.

>basketball

gib da ball to da supastar an moooove out da way

>Not developing both body and mind

Just KYS already

ironically (since we ARE on a sports board) i am very much the same as you.

Like, for example, soccer: i decided to follow it a bit because there's no going around it anyway this time of year, and i immediately thought of a couple of solutions to problems this sport is facing.

let's talk about penalties for example: let the teams take them before the game starts. That way one team is obliged to win the game (the team who lost the penalties). That means more attacking => more space for the other team => more goals.

I'm constantly thinking about ways to improve it and it's so easy because there is so much wrong with it haha

>tfw grew out of my pseudo-intellectualism at age 18 and embraced the beauty of sports
Do it m8. You'll also realise that sports have a cultural significance that is worth knowing about

JUST...

>That way one team is obliged to win the game (the team who lost the penalties).

No, that means the team who "won" pre-game penalties will park the bus during 120 minutes and win.

Other ideas?

No thats old basketball. New basketball is gib ball to subberstar and watch him chuck treys

this is bait right?

>too intellectual
>post this retarded nonsense

>Academia

Hope it's better in germany. Here in the US """"academia"""" is nothing more than leftist indoctrination.

All of the intelligent college grads get the fuck away from college once and get a job that actually benefits society because universities here are nearly a lost cause outside of STEM and finance

The only reason i watch sports is because my life is so pathetic, alone and miserable that at least sports take up like 3 hours or more of my time and isn't seen as an autistic hobby to watch

>MUH left

Every. Single. Fucking. Thread.

>tfw too fedora to meme meme fedora tip

There's already a lot of forms of football and neither of them get that popular because they don't create that emotion feeling you have in a good football match. Football is perfect as it is, just simple sport.

This

Soccer is for spics and niggers. Fuck this semen slurping sport.

>tfw too intellectual to get a gf

who /software developer/ here?????

Not an argument

>Be me
>Get 3 A levels
>Go to Manchester Met to study Sociology
>Get a 2:1
>Get comfy office job at BT customer support
>Middle class now
>Can no longer relate to thug, racist idiots I used to consider friends
>Cut them off
>Still love football
>Go to a few games
>Realise that the people who like football are also the same dumb, racist, thick, dickheads who I despise

I'm really conflicted. I guess I can still enjoy the sport on TV, but I do enjoy the atmosphere of games. Pity that I have to share the game with such trash.

Good post

>implying you made an argument
Just the same accusation/label/whine thread after thread. Sad.

shit idea

here's mine

cut the field down by 1/4
put boards around the out of bounds line
police diving, allow more physical contact (but not a crazy amount)
less players on the pitch
two ball overtime instead of PK

>tfw find it difficult to find a girl that's good enough for me

I'm deadly serious b.t.w. I dismiss 99 out of 100 based on looks alone. And then the 1 usually fails at the first hurdle, perhaps the clothing she wears, she has a tattoo, maybe she smokes. All massive red flags. Dismissed instantly.

Occasionally there will be a 1 in 10,000 girl who has nothing wrong with her appearance or choice of accessories/clothing but then I talk to her and find she's thick as shit. BINNED.

Then the smart ones, that pass all the tests, the 100,000 shots usually have some sort of fucking weird personality traits that I cannot and will not abide. Too energetic. Not energetic enough. Too easily irritable. Augmentative.

Still waiting on that 1 in 1,000,000,000 who will tick all the boxes. I'm pretty confident that when I do find her, she won't like me.

>Augmentative
I never asked for this

lel

>soccer

Proxy off, m8

Argumentative. For some reason my dictionary doesn't think it's a word.

>tfw the reason I don't have a girlfriend is because I'm ugly, weird, friendless, and too afraid to have any real conversations with a girl besides cracking jokes because once it gets exposed how forever alone i am and what a loser i am i'll get dropped right away

>intellectual
>Merkelistan

Save this comment in a notepad and read it in 20 years so you maybe understand how stupid you was back then

>I'm deadly serious b.t.w. I dismiss 99 out of 100 based on looks alone. And then the 1 usually fails at the first hurdle, perhaps the clothing she wears, she has a tattoo

I think what you might like are BBC

>soccer

>german intellectuals

>I have never held a girls hand

>Too intelligent yet to stupid to understand the cerebral aspect of sports

Fucking hell, I've had girls sit on my lap when I was younger, but I was too much of a fucking autist to do anything.

when will Sup Forums learn that they are not welcome anywhere outside of their containment board?

Good post

Chill, Hillary

>he's too low iq to understand the complexity of sports where hundreds of different variables that chance every single second yet players have the ability to chance the outcome of the game.

Worst post of the thread senpai

>his country doesnt have a comfy fun atmosphere during soccer games

Lel

We'll if the left wasn't so blatantly retarded it wouldn't be brought up every thread. If the left was treated like they should be "like children told to go sit at the kiddy table when the adults are talking", then society wouldn't be irrefutable shit.

You used the wrong pic

Muh IM RIGHT YOURE WRONG

Can we just agree the true retards are the ones that loudly identify as one side and cant accept other viewpoints than their own, trumptards are just as bad as sjws

Oh yes absolutely, only true uneducated morons that aren't running for a government office talk about politics.

apologies, kind merchant

Jews are only .2% of the world's population yet according to Sup Forums they seem to make up a very large chunk of this site's user base (considering anyone who doesn't agree with them is a Jew in their eyes)

>haha

More like Achmedemia

Did you also realise that all sports are fake? That all professional athletes if good enough either win it or lose it depending on what the script is?

Once you grasp that all sports are entertainment you notice how hard the actors try to convince the audience that they're playing. The only difference between acting in "sports" and movies is that you need to be jacked and athletically fit to play a role in professional sport acting.

>muh rigged
Every. Single. Fucking. Thread.

you just heard this on the panenka talkshow
kill yourself

Not rigged. Scrippted. It's entertainment meant to be a day time drama.

Think of this beautiful story, a young chosen man comes to win a championship for his city. City can't win it but young man is good enough to keep carrying the team into almost winning it, which doesn't allow the team to get prospects.

The chosen one moves to another city, while his city rebuilds. Once the original city has enough talent the chosen one returns to bring them and the city to championships.

I'd buy tickets to see it.

/lit/ here
OP is clearly a pseud

I bet he even reads genre-fiction

bluepilled as fuck

>i'm a retard that likes to think i know more than i do:the post

*adjusts spectacles*

Half court like in basketball

You can't go pass backwards once you cross mid field

Think about it

*nods respectfully towards >(you)*

M'lady

100% this

Amen

I used to play sports but I got sick and now I can't, so I watch. Sad

hahahaha this has to be the JUST post of the month.

Underrated

really makes you think..

Kek

>some sort of fucking weird personality traits that I cannot and will not abide. Too energetic. Not energetic enough. Too easily irritable. Augmentative.

>Augmentative.

>Still waiting on that 1 in 1,000,000,000 who will tick all the boxes

Just give up now

>tfw have
>tfw my hand was softer than hers

it's going to be ok

you did gud

go treat yourself to a drink or ten

Autism: The Post

kek

Right wing parties ruined my country and are all EU lovers.
They're cancer.

Too dumb to meme a farm.

>I bet he even reads fiction.
ftfy

I only read PhD level textbooks.

She wont because based on your post even 1 in 1 wouldnt like you

>Germans are autistic
woah who knew

M A D
A
N

Watch fencing then.

Or men's volleyball.

Why is Sup Forums in every thread on espee these days? Literally fucking tinfoil tier.

LMAO bro sorry for being in your safe space we at Sup Forums are spreading awareness and making a difference in the world from the safety and comfort of our own couches

I know you're memeing but sometimes in the middle of a game I'm watching I'll just think

>"Why am I even watching this? This is inherently pointless and has no meaningful effect on my life or anyone elses lives. some idiots kicking an inflated piece of leather on a field. nothing but a tool to distract us from our impending death"

Then a minute later I go back to shitposting

also don't forget that half of the matches are fixed in some way

Try motorsports. Stuff like F1 might be interesting for you

>the shitty of belgian education