I might meet Brian Wilson today, what should I ask him if I do?

I might meet Brian Wilson today, what should I ask him if I do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nLPTNumhyAY
youtube.com/watch?v=dxjGOM9w0wo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Offer him some water while you talk about production during the 1966-1967 period, and once he finishes the glass tell him you put acid in the water.

He's old anyway, so why not?
Anyone else been to the Brian Wilson Plays Pet Sounds concerts?

Ask him why Mike Love is the master behind the Beach Boys

just tell him that hell be fine

ask him when he's going to die

How on earth you become so respected among hipsters for making shitty pop music.

I've been. was decent, they had some sound problems but overall I thought it was good considering how old he is.

Do you know Panda Bear

ask him if i hates this
youtube.com/watch?v=nLPTNumhyAY

You should take it for granted that asking him something interesting that hasn't been talked about in interviews 100 times before will probably make him uncomfortable and cagey.

does anyone else feel like that song is kind of offensive?
brian wasn't "crazy" in a rockstar-trashing-hotel-rooms kind of way, he was "crazy" in a mentally-ill kind of way
either way props to that song for shitting on mike love

from what ive heard pretty much everything makes him uncomfortable and cagey at this point

Ask him what it was like appearing on Full House

N E V E R
H
A
P
P
E
N
E
D

Tell him to finish Smile

Yeah I went a couple of months ago.

Was alright Al Jardine being there was cool.

im surprised how healthy al seems
he looks like hes a second away from death

He's always looked like that

hell be fine

ask if he was ever on Full House

Whatever you do DON'T tell him he's a genius or how much his music has meant to you. I think he appreciates it the most if you just talk to him like a regular person, not many people do that anyway.

It was cool. Brian at one point was just sitting around doing nothing during Pet Sounds

You should ask him about his favorite movie: Norbit

I went to the one in Raleigh a few months back. It was great. The sound was amazing, then again the venue he played at is known for its superb acoustics, but Brian Wilson is just too old now. I felt like he was going to fall over and die halfway through certain songs. Also, I felt like my friends and I were the youngest people there. I had a tan at the time and was definitely the darkest person there.

tru

:(

My friend met him. Didn't even get a chance to talk to him. He got walked in for a picture, said thank you to Brian, then got walked out. That's it.

Ask him if he was ever on Full House.

went to the one in SF, it was pretty great. The band and Al Jardine were awesome. Brain struggled to sing a bit and often spoke the words instead of singing, but overall a great show.

Hey guys, it was good, really nice to see Brian and Al Jardine in real life and performing one of my favorite albums. I had the exact same experience as you guys talked about. Though, at one point, Brian fell off his pianochair. That was kind of sad. He addresed it right after they helped him up and said: "I fell."
There's something about the way he talks, the words he chooses. Very simple, it's very sweet I think. I love How he introduced the various songs

>I fell
awww brian :(
i'm sad now

Brian is the most tragically adorable human to ever live.

is it weird that whenever brian does something cute it makes me want to cry?
i think its partially because so many people have treated him badly and when i see stuff like that it makes me wonder how someone could be mean to him
he just seems so naive and delicate

whyd he fall?

Fantastic movie. Very funny.

Is he um... retarded? He reminds me of the kids in special ed with low functioning autism at the school I went to. I'm not saying this to be mean, I have autism on the level where I can pass as normal and you probably won't start talking to me like an idiot unless I tell you I have autism, but he seems like he could go on disability if it weren't for the people who take care of him.

he's not retarded!
he's got schizoaffective disorder which makes him a little disconnected from reality
he was also overmedicated by an abusive therapist in the 70s/80s and it might have slightly damaged him mentally
overall i think hes always been a little eccentric/quirky even without everything else
youtube.com/watch?v=dxjGOM9w0wo

I get that feeling too.
It's probs an oversimplification of the situation as it's drawn from the weird patchy view we fans have but there's a sort of "innocence lost" narrative one can trace around his life. All that context ends up being really affecting because it fed into the beautiful music he made and colours how we perceive it and, by extension, him.

>brian douglas wilson thats me ! :)

>might have

>tell me what you had for breakfast
>i uh had uh two donuts... and a diet coke for breakfast! :)
>breakfast of champions

i always wonder how much the art of an artist with a sad life is really affected by their tragic past

Why does he only shave his left goose egg.

He probably forgot he did that and would do it again if you asked him.