Do animals have feelings?

Do animals have feelings?

Yes

Of course they do

Sure but they're animal feeling not human feelings

Yeah because humans are not animals.....

Yea, Why do you think they say "he dindu nuffin"

Get the fuck out of here with that hippie shit

By hippie shit do you mean logic and facts? Humans are animals.

Yes, when I was a kid I kicked my dog in his balls as hard as I could, he was most definitely sad afterwards.

too bad he didnt attack and kill you

Some, not all.

Yeah and it's a fact that our brains make different connections and function differently. It's obvious where your opinion on this lies so I'm not going to waste my time talking to a brick wall.

To a elefant other elefants are not considered animals Because they are the same species, however a human would be considered a animal to a elefant, just like humans Does not consider other humans to be animals.

You sound like you need a hug.

Are you still so narcissistic that you can't accept Darwin was true? We are animals to. Of course we are higher developed but still animals

Just admit you misspoke when you tried to segregate human feeling from animals feeling. You could have said that animals have feeling but they are not as complex as human feeling but saying "animal feeling not human feelings" is wrong since human feeling are animal feelings

>elefant

No, im good on hugs for now. You shouldn't have kicked your dog. You needed a hug then.

Define "feelings".

If you mean do they feel, then yes. Are they aware that they are "feeling" something, then no, most don't.

Chimps, one bird species, dolphins and something else I don't remember have demonstrated levels of self-awareness, but of course not to the extent of humans.

Some chimps are said to have the intelligence of a 3 year old, and 3 year olds are pretty fucking retarded compared to adults. We don't develop self-awareness until 3-5 years anyhow.

of course...
>they are literally made from the exact same things as you, why would they be different?

Of course thy function differently, but that is also part of what makes each species different. All animals brains make different connections and function differently. Biologically humans are animals. Humans have all the functions of mammals. CNS, gastrointestinal tract, live birth, etc. The only thing that separates humans from almost every animal is languages, which in turn lets us pass down information generation to generation.

we have a higher developed brain but the rest of our body is pretty shit compared to many other animals

Animals do have feeling, some more than others but none have feelings like humans do.

Some of you are saying that humans arent animals, of course we are, we are just the smartest animals around.

yes. only the dumbest could try to deny it.

>Chimps, one bird species, dolphins and something else I don't remember have demonstrated levels of self-awareness

Loosely related, but does anyone know why crows are self aware and can detect their own reflections when parrots cannot? Parrots are just as intelligent (if slightly less so) and capable of learning as crows but they believe their reflections are different birds.

Because Parrots are retard birds, and Crows are the alpha-birds of the world.

Did crows and parrots evolve around different water sources? Possibly one with calm water prone to refection and one by running water that is less likely to reflect? Could be crows needed to evolve that or they would never drink and it wasn't as important to a parrot