Good places to learn Arabic?

Good places to learn Arabic?

sweden

The middle east itself.

Srsly, don't waste your time with that.

A country where the predominant language is Arabic. Though, you probably don't want to go to a country like that, and for good reason.

Hell

Why would you? Honest question, I've tried myself.

Because being a Muslim that can't speak Arabic is the worst feeling.

Do you want to learn Quranic (classical) Arabic or the spoken version? There's a big difference, and several mutually unintelligible dialects. If the latter, I think Jordan or Egypt is your safest bets. They speak dialects close to Modern Standard Arabic, unlike e.g. Morocco, are relatively safe with a somewhat good standard of living, unlike Syria, and they actually speak Arabic, unlike e.g. Lebanon where they only speak Fr*nch.

ugh filthy, I spit on every muslim on this earth

why don't you spend your time studying the Enlightenment philosophers instead, this isn't the 10th century anymore, you subhuman filth, your kind is the cause of most of the misery in this world. Don't you forget that, you ape.

euphoric post. well tipped

Really made me think

>wanting to read old useless drivel white people masturbate too
Lmao no

Are you an Arab? If not, it's not a big deal. If you are, learn MSA and mix of shaamiya. It's what the educated speak and any other dialect is a waste of time since you don't want to waste your time talking to peasants

T. Malcolm X
Which version of Arabic did you learn? I somehow thought Gulf or Saudi version of Arabic would be the closest to MSA

Hijazi is the closest you can get if you want to learn but the most classical sounds are only found in Ibb in Yemen

Berlin

This desu

The typical Arab: assumes he still has the moral high-ground while everyone but himself thinks they are 610 years behind in general civilisation. And they wonder while decent people hate their guts. Well, not my problem, I thank God every day that I am not one of them. Imagine bowing down to an obvious false prophet and not realising it, or maybe they do, but they do not want to face the fact that they are the most loathsome, more ignorant people on this Earth.

I'm out of this thread, say hello to the MIDF for me.

Every Arab I met claimed their dialect was closest to MSA. It doesn't matter really, Egyptian, Levantine and Gulf are all similar to MSA in many ways, yet different enough that you practially have to consider them as learning related, but separate languages.

I learned MSA and Levantine, shifting focus from Syrian to Palestinian to Lebanese. If you ask me, the Syrian dialect is the easiest to learn of these, but alas, learning it in Syria is obviously impossible. Though, the Levantine dialects are all so closely related so that which one you pick doesn't really matter, which goes back to which country would be the best. If you're going for Levantine, then pick Palestinian and go to Jordan for aforementioned reasons. Palestine is a shithole, but there are many Palestinians living in Jordan making their dialect ubiquitous. Lebanon is not a good country to live in, and the Lebanese dialect has a lot of French influence rendering it a horrible mess.

I heard Egyptian Arabic is the most widely understood one asides from MSA. Is that true?

Also, given that I learn Arabic every 2 hours a day, how long would it be take for me to read things like newspaper and shit (I am talking about reaching B1~B2 level. C1 will probably require me to stay in an Arab country for a long time I guess

Sorry your molenbeekfu left you :(

They say so, given that Egypt used to be the number one exporter of media in Arabic, movies, music, etc. Don't know how true that is anymore. The differences between dialects is so big though that if you learn Levantine, you can communicate with Egyptians and some Gulf people. Not Iraqis or anything west of Egypt. So how many people you'll be able to understand and vice versa shouldn't be a concern, as there's no single dialect which enables you to communicate with every Arab, instead focus on which region interests you the most. That's why I chose Levantine.

I learned Arabic pretty intensely for three years, and I'm at B2 now. I can read newspaper articles, but not without problems here and there. Arabic is hard as balls, unless you're an absolute wiz kid, you're in for a wild ride son. They say to become real fluent, you have to study for 5-7 years, and based on my experiences, that's pretty much correct. Not gonna break your spirits, just telling it like it is! :)

Kek

Oh no, I just piss on your kind, because I know, without your kind, our country would have been like a paradise to live in. Anyway, I'm going to walk away now.

>says he's out
>comes back
>says he's out again

Awaiting your reply senpai.

When you studied Arabic, which institute did you go? I feel that I won't be able to learn Arabic unless I enroll in some sort of institution considering that most expats in the Arab world don't really speak Arabic. (I even saw a Korean travel guide who lived in Egypt for 10 years and yet cannot speak a lick of Arabic)
I just feel like Arabic is not like most European language which I can learn by things like language exchange

At home I studied at my university. I'd rather not say where I studied when I went abroad, there are people from the Norwegian general who would love to doxx me if I did. It doesn't matter, I wouldn't recommend any of them anyway.

I'd say you're right about enrolling, though I know some people who went and hired a private tutor for a given time and learned that way. If you ask me that's the best way to do it, because if you intend on staying a year and spend large sums on tuition fees, and then don't like it where you are, you're kinda stuck. With a tutor you just need an apartment, and you can leave if things go to shit and you want to go home or somewhere else.