Am I wasting my time learning French instead of Spanish Sup Forums? Because I'm starting to feel like it

Am I wasting my time learning French instead of Spanish Sup Forums? Because I'm starting to feel like it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nb93EehMssY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No.

No, perhaps you have more Spanish-speakers in your country, but even though half of Africa speaks French, Spanish is still a much greater nigger-language.

Take it from a Fleming. Sure the French are dicks, but their language is still classy, and was the most important language for a long while.

Anyway, Spanish is annoying. With French you can watch nice movies like those by Fernandel and Louis de Funes. And it is the language of kings and noblemen.

I think both are worth learning. Learn Spanish when you're done with French.

Well, you live in the United States of America. Just learn Spanish, boi.

>surrendering to the French language

Isn't it funny?

Cara de belga

For a yank, yes

And you are descended mainly from Italians, just a couple of generations ago. What kind of cuck are you, that you took over your neighbours language, who are even more shitty than you?

Learn spanish. It's nice to know french, but it's becoming a dead meme language as we speak.

Its kind of funny how every autist tries to defend their language.

Op learn whatever the fuck you want to

why is he always drinking something?!

What autism you have my dear.

Drinking is very important, user.

It depends what your reasons are. A shit ton of people still speak french, and honestly m8 after you learn french it will be a breeze to learn at least basic spanish which is p much all you need. Mexicans that come here need to learn english not the other way around. Your spanish can suck.

Choose the culture you are most interested in.

Quand je suis nerveux, je touche ma tête.

learn french since you like then you can learn spanish very quick since they are the same language family.

Mejor que tomarse las tetas para ser honesto

Spanish and french are very different animals.

It's not like Portuguese and Spanish, it can still be quite challenging learning one based on the knowledge of the other.

true but the grammar system is still similar like all vulgar latin based language.

Trust me, jumping from french to spanish is not that easy mate, it'll twist your mind.

Don't learn a language based on usefulness. Being able to speak Spanish in America has barely any benefits anyway. If you want to learn a language, just do it out of enjoyment. After all, English is all you really need.

t. french speaker

huh, if that is the case, why did the french have to be so special?

Unless you wish to visit rural France, Quebec, or French parts of Africa the language will be nearly useless to you.

You are probably mixing memes. If you know spanish italian is a walk in the park and portuguese is easy (but not a walk in the park from my perspective, since the pronunciation is quite different). Now to understand french you actually need to sit down and pay attention at what you are doing, with a dictionary on hand. Capisci?

No te gastes hablando con el cara de verga. Siempre viene a los hilos de idiomas a poltardear.

Before the roman expansion, the french WUZ something else.

>"French was also influenced by native Celtic languages of Northern Roman Gaul like Gallia Belgica and by the (Germanic) Frankish language of the post-Roman Frankish invaders."

Think that way: Portuguese, Spanish and Italian are pretty similar. French is very different compared to the others, the phonology is something else. Weird vocabulary too, even though is mostly latin derived.

kek

Lo peor es que nadie lo entendió y un 10/10 banteo se va a perder en el tiempo como lágrimas en la lluvia.

OUVREZ VOS FÊNETRES ET CHANTEZ VIVEEEEEEEEEEE LAAAAAAAAAAAA FRAAAAAAAAAAANCEE

No.

damn, that sucks. I'm done with Spanish. I though I could easily go to french. Is there anything grammar wise other than gender that is similar?

How is Spanish more useful?

He said he's fleming you cocksuckers.

With that being said though I don't particulary agree with him, I'm Wallonian and French has never been of any use outside of my own country, hell I learned English on my own and use it a lot more than my native language.

In the case of OP, it vastly depend on why he's learning a language in the first place, is it just for the sake of your education, or simply because you wish to learn something, it's not bad at all, in fact I'd encourage it, but if it's for "utility", French will not get you very far.

Do it.

>Lo peor es que nadie lo entendió y un 10/10 banteo se va a perder en el tiempo como lágrimas en la lluvia.
Também não compreendi para ser honesto. Presumi que se tratava de uma piada interna do /lat/

Since OP said that he feels like he is "wasting" his time, I think it's safe to assume that he has an utilitarian goal in mind.

Yeah he's not true francoweeb material. In the trash he goes.

SAD!

Give him time Satan, with time he will probably realize that a whole world of literature and aesthetics and spiritual pleasures will open to him if he puts his mind to it. One should, in a way, fall in love with the language you are learning.

You're right. Falling in love with a language is something else. OP should watch amelie. That would do it for him.

I'll never get all the fascination around this movie.
I mean don't get me wrong, it's beautiful, but that's basically it.
Then again I don't really like watching movies so I suppose it's not surprising.

Basicamente le dijo cara de verga, cock/penis face.

learning french is not a waste of time because France has the best literature of any country.

Spanish is better for getting a job in the USA, and for going on vacations in the western hemisphere.

I dont actually like French because I hate nasal vowels and some other sounds of French, but the language is worth it for their literature.

It's not as good as the other french classics, but it just makes you feel good when you watch it. Audrey Tatou is absolutely fucking gorgeous in that movie too.

>nasal vowels

C'est la vie.

Going from portuguese to spanish is a walk on the beach, but going from spanish to french is... a walk on manhattan. It's still a walk, it should be easy for you, what I'm trying to say is that it's not as easy as you think, but you can go for it.

Sorry for bad english, I'm tired and depressed.

why are you depressed pal? I'm feeling it too, btw. I'm opening up the bottle tonight, and I aint stopping until im knocked the fuck out.

Witty argie brought the bantz.

Belgium= Bélgica
Belgian= Belga
Cock/Dick (referred to penis)= Verga (very similar to Belga)
Belgian face = Cara de Belga (which sounds like "cara de verga" implying he has a cock face, which is silly, but funny af).

Well, I'm doing terrible on college (STEM), and I'm seriously thinking about dropping it to do something else, but I dislike pretty much everything. I don't have a passion, you know? I just don't know what to do.

I'm 23 and still live with my parents/relatives, and this fucks me up too. I just can't find a job to go away from here.

Why are you feeling depressed?

it is okay. Your english is fine and understandable. I know how it feels when you speak a language but it is hard to express yourself in it versus in your mother tongue. I hope you feel better.

The year is almost over. It's normal to feel that way. Think about all the new words you are going to learn next year. Cheer up bros. Here, have some reggaeton: youtube.com/watch?v=Nb93EehMssY

I don't even know if I'm being honest. Chemical imbalance in my head or something.

Give it time, pal. You'll find your light and shine.

not bad. not bad.

2bh learning languages and cultures is what keeps me going, also bantering on Sup Forums.

I'll take a deep breath. Thanks, man.

Fuuuugg, I listened this shit almost daily while I was in New Mexico, in fact I was listening to this when I kissed a girl for the first time, in the middle of nowhere.

Oh, the memories.

Jamás.

>...when I kissed a girl for the first time, in the middle of nowhere
>Oh, the memories.
Damn man, them feels

You'll feel the same once you start learning manolo's language. French at least has a big cultural and scientific baggage you could profit from, maybe, but what does Sp*nish have?

???

>validating their northern migration by learning their language

seriously OP is probably an autist like the rest of us, and probably won't use any language he learns.

Belgians can't handle the banter

>New Mexico
What were you doing there Alberto?

Meh. Although explaining a joke kinda makes it more lame instantaneously. There is also the fact that it probably sounded more witty in spanish. Thanks anyways

Why don't you learn both at the same time?

Yeah jokes tend to loose the charm when you translate them.

you'll end up just being shitty at both.

Exchange program, studied 2 semesters there then did an internship in NY.

Let me tell you, I've crossed the whole country, but the comfiest place certainly was New Mexico.

>New Mexico
>comfiest place

Lolno

This. You should focus in one if you want to be proficient. You could even learn 3 or 4 at once but you'll get nowhere unless you are a true autistic human bean, and a real hero

Flemish

Aren't they the ones who speak the horrible sounding kanker language?

Ok then.

I've been there but I stayed in Arizona longer.