My job wants to send me to India for three years to help open some new offices

My job wants to send me to India for three years to help open some new offices.

Should I do it?

Other urls found in this thread:

indianexpress.com/article/business/aviation/airlines-to-pay-fine-if-their-planes-empty-human-waste-on-air-4437559/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

fuck no unless they're paying you ALOOOOOT more than what you'd get from staying in the US.

Are they going to pay you a dump truck ful of money?

yes go for the adventure

do it for the desi poon

It's a 20% raise but when I get back I get almost double what I'll be making after that and I'll have my own office.

hhhhnnnnnnnnnggg

But it's India.

I know it's hot and crowded but I used to live in Detroit, LA and Houston so how much worse could it be?

Depends on city. Big cities shouldn't be that bad, especially if the company covers expense for your kids going to international school and shit. (most international schools in big cities offer better education than like 95+% of schools in the US tbqh cuz those international schools are for upper class local people)

do it, they don't offer it to anyone

how old are you? DO you really want to waste 3 years of your life in India?

India is great for expats; anyone with decent money in the US will be loaded in india. The people are extremely friendly and there's a lot of social opportunity, white people are sometimes given privileges over natives. However, cleanliness is a concern, infrastructure is still dangerous, and unless you're in a comfy town near the himalayas, there can be absurdly hot weather.

I think the first $100,000 or so you make overseas isnt taxed by US gov, just fyi

It will be when he returns i think, atleast the previous year

Positives
- Would be relatively rich compared to locals
- Could eat out all the time for basically nothing
- Might be treated better as you are white
- Easily affordable to hire a cleaner
- Can have random shit delivered by those guys on bikes

Negatives
- Harder to date in more conservative culture
- Can be dangerous
- Very far away from friends and family

You'll have to watch out for everything falling from the sky there
indianexpress.com/article/business/aviation/airlines-to-pay-fine-if-their-planes-empty-human-waste-on-air-4437559/

Forgot to mention I'm a woman.

I imagine that changes things a little?

a bit since it is a more traditional society

>Forgot to mention I'm a woman
How's walking the dinosaur going?

IF they'll also be covering some of your living expenses (eg rent) then yes, it makes sense, I'm pretty sure there's a large enough ex-pat comunity you can make a nice enough life for yourself even if you don't adjust to the local culture. The key is in having the resources to have this option open while still being able to save enough it makes it worthwhile when you return. If you're in a position to negotiate then do some research on cost of living (for an expat, not a local) as this is a sound argument for your boss eg "it's actually more expensive for me to mantain the same living standard as I've got here so I wouldn't be getting any real compensation for the move" memes aside make it a point you're only willing to move to a place with Western standards sanitary cionditions (eg expat neighbourhood, modern apartment, etc.) so rent is the key factor here as everything else should be roughly cheaper and it is fair and reasonable to expect adequate compensation for the move.

If this is not optional (eg you're jeopardizing your job/prospects inside the company by saying no) then you probably cannot rely on your employer taking care of you and that's a non starter unless this adventure specifically apeals to you enough you're willing to take the chance.

Also do cover the subject of potential hazards, it isn't that you should be concerned about cobras but criminality or illness, does your company have your back and up to which point?

Op just said he's a girl, it's a b8 thread.

It sadly does, it will for practical purposes limit the places you can visit and at which hours, I supose milleage will vary.

kek, i c

will they compensate you for every time you get gang raped?