Now that the dust has settled can we all agree that MBDTF is the greatest hip hop album of the decade so far?

Now that the dust has settled can we all agree that MBDTF is the greatest hip hop album of the decade so far?

its bad

FIRST FOR MADVILLAINY

madvillany is the correct answer

that was last decade

yes

not even close lmao

madvillany came out 12 years ago

you stupid motherfuckers 2004 isn't part of this decade

hell, even if OP meant "of the last ten years" you would be off by two

but no

you stupid fucks

^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Don't get the hype. maybe for its time but it didnt age well

u fucken idiot

Atrocity Exhibition (or even XXX really)
The Money Store (if you count that as hip hop)

I think kendrick is good. But not good enough to be getting the level of praise that he does.

MBDTF is very overrated. music for pitchfork drones and people who think they are cool

XXX is objectively better than AE. better lyrics, and more cohesive. only argument for AE is "muh alt-rock samples"

AE had more good songs tho

honestly writing racial charged music as a black man is probably the laziest thing you can possibly do. and to make an entire album about it is just ridiculous

as if every single thing on TBAP hasn't already been done to death

>I'M A PROUD MONKEY

wow, simply revolutionary

>Kendrick Lamar
>Madvillainy
>Danny Brown
>Death Grips
Holy shit, proof that Sup Forums can't get a fucking millimeter below the surface of hip hop. All these artists are geared directly towards white suburban youth

better than TPAB at least

Thissss

white male answer

A little too early to tell but Atrocity Exhibition is my current favorite.

MBDTF and Good Kid are my top 2.

TPAB is pretty great imo.

Tetsuo and Youth super underrated.

Can't get into Danny Brown, call me a pleb or whatever. He's entertaining but the over-the-top drugs/sex/nasty shit on XXX got annoying as hell. Not to mention the vocal delivery. I fuck with 25 Bucks and a few other songs but that's about it.

Pleb

good kid is by far the best hip hop record this decade followed by mbdtf and maybe xxx

yeezus is also pretty good, probably in top 5 or 10

>"muh"
dropped

>UNCULTURED SWINE

mega pleb

although yeah I think people started taking hip hop seriously after MBDTF

Kanye is crap and this board gives him way too much credit. Barely writes and produces his shit.

>barely writes and produces his shit
idk about writing but he's considered to be in the upper echelon of producers for good reason. he's an amazing produceer

name some better artists then, mr. "underground hip hop"

Not even considering his music, you literally can't deny that he isn't one of the biggest and influential artists in the recent years (that was the original question).
Every one of his albums has influenced current musicians (even outside of Hip-Hop) and has pushed Hip-Hop forward as a genre
Each album is a detailed masterpiece of production (Listen to something like Lost in the World and try and argue that it doesn't take a crazy amount of creativity and talent to produce that), and, especially in his earlier albums, he's proven himself to be a strong conscious rapper with meaningful lyricism (although rapping is probably his weakest attribute).

What would you consider good music?
-Music that is commercially successful (arguable on this board 2bh)
-Music that is unique in its genre and sounds different from its predecessors
-Music that changes the shape of a genre and influences further music/artists within that genre

Kanye pretty much checks every box, this board is full of contrarians who shoot down commercially successful artists, or artists that can appeal to casual and attentive listeners, and promote lesser known albums to the extent that they can be considered overrated here.

(CONT)

If you can't enjoy any of Kanye's work, it's because you either don't like Hip-Hop (and dismissing an entire genre is a pretty ignorant thing to do), you dislike Kanye because of how he's portrayed in the media (we're aren't arguing about whether he's a narcissist, we're talking about the quality of his releases), or you just dislike anything that has gained commercial success with the current generation.

If you don't consider my opinion to carry much weight, just take the opinion of so many famous musicians who applaud Kanye. Hell, even Lou Reed can't deny his talent
>"The guy really, really, really is talented. He’s really trying to raise the bar. No one’s near doing what he’s doing, it’s not even on the same planet"

I truly feel that West is the one current artist that ten year old kids will know the name of, like The Beatles or Queen, for generations to come.

Lost in the World is my favorite track by him too, nice reference.

His College Dropout album and Late Registration basically helped end gangster rap and start a new era of mainstream hip hop that began exploring new inspirations and context.
Each album pushed new boundaries, even if just in terms of mainstream music. Regardless of what you think of it, what other album of the genre can be compared to TLoP in likeness?
808s and Heartbreaks helped start a more emotional style of hip hop and RnB and is one of the main reasons artist such as Drake, The Weeknd, Kid Cudi, and Chance can even exist. The latter two even straight up citing Kanye as their greatest inspirations.
He has a knack for finding and putting on young aspiring youth and propelling them to the center of the music, fashion and social media world towards great commercial success, despite their critic reviews. (Desiigner, Travis Scott, Ian Conner, Vic Mensa, etc)

He was praised for his production style and heavy influence on pop culture.
He was never considered that great a rapper, but has been known to drop some clever lines and occasional impressive bar in the past.
He also made it acceptable for rappers and hip-hop artists not from the hood/trap or any impoverished urban community to be considered serious artists and not just gimmicky pop entertainers like Vanilla Ice.

His records are pretty solid and he has molded a respectable aesthetic about himself and surrounds himself with good musicians, producers and artists.

>was

Kendricks line was the best one on Kanye's own new album. MBDTF might be the most overrated album of the new millennium terrible gospel shit, horrid lyrics, slow ass beats terrible overall concept. If this didn't get a ten by "that site" I think it would honestly be considered Kanye's first dud.

That entire Lou Reed interview was sarcastic you piece of shit. He has always been a master in trolling. You would know if you actually cared about him and his work.

review*

Freddie Gibbs and Madlib Pinata

How anybody can listen to Hood Politics and say the album is the work of a genius is absolutely beyond me.

drake is kanye's greatest inspirition regardless if he states it or not

whoops I got that backwards