ITT: Albums that really aren't that great, but for some strange reason you can't quite fathom...

ITT: Albums that really aren't that great, but for some strange reason you can't quite fathom, everyone pretends they are.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!3NFxDZqS!pEN-WNljOtI3NT_GSfRqXg!jIdSARiD
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

why are you pretending it isn't great op
are you
a young person

ITT: my opinion is objective fact and I can't comprehend how people can possibly disagree with me

how dare people like something you don't like

Why make threads like this? Why not give reasons for why you think it isn't great or try to foster some type of discussion at all

I like child rape

reccing Peter Soros - Buyer's Market

Remain In Light and Spiderland are the first two that come to mind.

I didn't realize listening to Loveless was tantamount to child rape

That record made me feel sad

It's what happened behind the music to make the music for that album. They revamped themselves and experimented with almost every aspect of their musical abilities. It was an album at the time where almost everyone else was just producing raw, unobstructed production for their albums and MBV cranked it up to 11 with production and set a standard for music much like other albums that pushed the envelope.

I always put it up there production-wise with stuff Phil Spector did where he made his "Wall of Sound" which is what MBV did with the album.

anyone have the mega link that contains all of these?

haha fuckin epic

mega.nz/#F!3NFxDZqS!pEN-WNljOtI3NT_GSfRqXg!jIdSARiD

It sounds like a generic "Indie" band to me. Same shit was being done prior and is still being done today. Unremarkable, out of tune playing with some backstory gimmick that makes it superior to other things.

>pretends

>The Dark Side of the Moon
>Led Zeppelin I, II, III, IV
>The Doors
>Sgt. Pepper's
>Nevermind
>anything by Radiohead
>SMiLE

in this thread: "I don't like it, therefore no one else does and they're all pretending"

>It sounds like a generic "Indie" band to me.
but that's not Arcade Fire or Radiohead

maybe I need to listen to it more but I just don't get it. It seems really average. Other than she sends kisses what track is supposed to be really good?

>SMiLE
eat dick Brian Wilson is a God

LmaO @ ur LIFE kid

Thanks mate

> "It was done prior"

Kek he doesn't know his shoegaze

mu core aka newfag circlejerk

Name one album previous to this that had the same sound

>EVERY ALTERNATIVE BAND EVER RIPPED OFF OF DAYDREAM NATION AND DAYDREAM NATION IS THE MOST INNOVATIVE AND IMPORTANT ROCK ALBUM EVER MADE IT SPAWNED A ZEITGEIST

meanwhile years beforehand Dinosaur Jr. pulled off the exact same sound only with far better lyrics and singing on You're Living All Over Me and Bug.

I just don't get it, also 'Is this it' by the strokes. Am I alone in hating 99% of rock made in the 90's, early 2000's?

I dig SY's lyrics and don't really need their voices to be the lead melodic thing. I dunno man, most people rate J Mascis for his guitar playing so I thought you would understand how insane Daydream Nation is as a guitar record. It's so wicked.

No both those albums are actual shit I honestly have no idea why they get shilled so hard here they're both super generic rock

Just long psych songs with a bad amp, dude.

why isn't this Sup Forumscore? Isaac Brock has two albums on the Sup Forums essentials but this is probably the best thing he's ever been a part of.

shit man. this was supposed to be its own post. nice thread guys

holy shit thanks
i mean i have soulseek and trackers but this is way less of a hassle. thank you.

Do this instead of responding again retard

I don't know anyone that likes or have heard of loveless, I like loveless, its 9/10

People actually fall for this?

die

desu (to be honest)

Kill yourself ma duder

soundtracks for the blind, deathconsciousness, illinoise

Instead of posting your dumb shit ignorant opinions, try to actually get some insight of the subject matter before posting about it k thnx

In a decade where most popular alternative bands had no "ambition", keeping it minimal and usually limited to the same kind of influences, the Pumpkins come up with this huge 28 song double album full of different influences and sounds. It could be commercial suicide, but they actually pulled it off and became bigger than ever. Very few bands had this sort of ambition the Pumpkins had in the "indie" scene, certainly no band as big as the Pumpkins.

Regarding Is This It, it kind off brought a new vitality to guitar music and was just the perfect representation of the New York indie scene at the time.

> 128 and 256 kbps files all over

Is this a fucking joke?
I mean ok, its pretty retarded to bitch on free stuff, but I cannot comprehend how can someone decide to create something that huge without doing it properly.

>everyone pretends they are
It's my opinion that Loveless is good. It's your opinion that it isn't. I'm not pretending. I enjoy listening to it, you don't. Simple as that.

>albums that i misunderstood, and therefore must criticise
well done

this one and and OKPC are the biggest examples for me

this t b h

and with more emotional lyrics too

I am pretty sure I'm not pretending.

came here to post this

See:

>gimmick

This is a mediocre band that has a kooky name and a fashionable aesthetic, its a fashion statement over a genuine musician. Most of its fans are avant teens that are sad that Radiohead isn't obscure enough for them to fawn over.

Elaborate.

Fucking Normies

the problem with this is that some of the Sup Forumscore is just weird stuff. Regardless of if you like it you have to acknowledge that it's not normal music. Some of it everyone should be able to appreciate, but there isn't something wrong with you if you can't stand meme grips or Spiderland.

Also fuck AnCo

underrated alt rock here

Well said. I listen to loveless all the time - it blows my mind that it came out 25 years ago. It still sounds as big and powerful as ever

2deep4u shonen

This triggers me hard. Eat a dick faggot Spiderland is fucking GOAT.

>This is a mediocre band that has a kooky name and a fashionable aesthetic, its a fashion statement over a genuine musician. Most of its fans are avant teens that are sad that Radiohead isn't obscure enough for them to fawn over.
Absolutely EPIC
Just pure EPIC pwnage XD

Its style was pretty unique and thus appealing, that's why.

Quite right desu.

Honestly, radiohead is quite good in the beginning and you really like it but then you get tired of them and realize there is nothing good about them and they are your average band pretending to be avantgarde while playing mellow pop music.
I mean, they are NOT BAD but also not GOOD as others tell you lol

I really dont understand this. The argument goes both ways.

I donĀ“t fucking care what you say edgy cocksuckers fags

Pretty much this

>Everyone pretends they are
Holy shit wow

You absolute madman meme master

Agreed

why is american football and the velvet underground in the top row? almost never seen it being discussed here. same with itaots lately

FUCKING THIS.

I just tell myself its normalfags coming out of the wood work

Where is AJJ

Could not agree more, one of my favourite albums and I never see it on Sup Forums

>the pumpkins

nothing pisses me off more than band name abbreviations like this.

Minus the pretending part because I'm not a pretentious twat

no
yes
>DSOTM
overrrated by plebs, sure, but it's still bretty gud
>Led Zeppelin I, II, III, IV
haven't listened, but probably overrated
>The Doors
>Sgt. Pepper's
didn't listen lol
>Nevermind
definitely
>anything by Radiohead
NO
>SMiLE
yeah

context plays a lot into getting mellon collie/90s era SP

listen past the first fucking song you absolute pleb. Also get some insight on the genre. No one was doing this prior.

Biggest piece of shit overrated album ever.

do you think you are cool?

>the Doors
You take that back

redpill me on have a nice life. sounds like sad garbage to me every time

>people like this thinking their opinion matters more than anyone else's

Have a (you) for posting one of my favorite albums.

I bet you discovered it on Sup Forums kek

sry you just dont get it

Between this, Metal Machine Music, and Lulu, I am convinced that Lou Reed was completely full of shit.

These too.

>tfw all my fav albums are being posted

It's ok, I like Kid A too, and I've been meaning to give Mellon Collie a listen

seriously this. sure it's intelligent but it's not enjoyable.

Might as well pick up a textbook if you want to feel "smart."