Relations between Finns and Fennoswedes

I have a question for any Finns here.

I've been reading a bit about the relations between Swedish and Finnish speakers in Finland lately, and to me, it appears that there is a really assymetric relationship between them.

The Fennoswedes are a minority in Finland. Most of them seem to be descendants of Swedish functionaries or nobility, and they seem to be mostly upper middle class. Whatsmore, they seem to be concetrated in the larger cities.

According to what I've read, it seems that the Fennoswedes are an extremely isolated community. They prefer to mingle with other Fennoswedes, and many promptly refuse to learn Finnish. When I browsed Yle recently, I saw an article about a Fennoswede mother who didn't want to send her children to a Finnish speaking school.

Despite not wanting to learn Finnish, most Fennoswedes seem VERY positive towards having mandatory Swedish education. You often hear them use arguments like "If all Finns don't know Swedish, how can we Fennoswedes get proper service at all public institutions, stores, etc?".

Everytime someone in Finland critisises mandatory Swedish, the Fennoswedes have two possible retorts:
>1. Boohoo, why is everyone so racist against us?
>2. We're a BILINGUAL country, don't you get it you stupid Finnish white trash?

My question is: why does Finland allow this to happen? Why is such a small minority allowed to boss the rest of the population around? How can this small urban elite constanly get away with shitting on the silent majority? Why should an entire fucking nation study Swedish just so this minority won't have to learn Finnish?

I'm baffled, honestly.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=faK22VFdzcc
youtube.com/watch?v=zYPhXA2zHCU
youtube.com/watch?v=pFCqUROWEKU&t=83s
youtube.com/watch?v=bULmuDafMYM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>no knife on the Finn

there was a fennoswede who complained about not being able to talk to some girl who was flirting to him on the bus because he couldn't speak finnish

All the Fennoswedes I know are farmers.

I'm pretty sure they do jack shit to influence Finnish politics except for "muh EU grants".

we're a nation of cucks, simple as that. All our history is basically just getting pushed around by others

Fennoswedish girls want my cock.

Shame on you. Finland is the land of the Finish people. This divide over language must not hamper their prosperity. Swedish is a historical language of Finland, not a foreign criminal, conspiring against it. Embrace each other, brothers!

Bög

Fuck off and die, Fennoswedes are a remnant of imperialism and they were predestined to wither and die.

Well fennoswedes are ridiculous cunts. They think everyone must know swedish so that regular finns can communicate with them, instead of them learning finnish. Also they are literally most racist people in europe probably, hating finns and everyone that isnt finlandssvensk. They are way worse than rikssvenskand I want them to fuck off not even back to sweden but I want them to fuck off completely from face of earth because they are somali tier in shitheadness

>Swedish is a historical language of Finland
It is a foreign intruder that must and will be eradicated.

This happens because finland is historically swedish and we have nothing else really so we "preserve it"

t. Cai-Göran

>Most of them seem to be descendants of Swedish functionaries or nobility
not entirely true. the first university in finland was strictly in swedish so if you wanted to advance academically you had to lernu swedish or switch language altogether. Most of the well off fennoswedes are finns who cucked themselves while the ones that have swedish background are the coastal hick farmers. As for the mandatory swedish, it's ridiculous and should be at least reformed to be optional.

>Most of them seem to be descendants of Swedish functionaries or nobility

The majority of Swedish-speaking Finns are descendants of locals adopting the language.

Actually they are mostly in small villages along the coast and aren't particularly wealthy. Some of the city-dwelling ones have old money though. And those do speak perfect Finnish for the most part.

As for the mandatory Swedish thing, it's pretty silly but the trend seems to be that its removal is getting more and more likely.

Fennoswedes are the jews of Finland.

/r/ing the version of this with blacks in America and blacks in the rest of the world

It's in the constitution, difficult to change.

No it isn't

ironic that both bastu(sauna) and memma(mämmi) are swedish creations.

(You)

>Also they are literally most racist people in europe probably, hating finns and everyone that isnt finlandssvensk.
Even the swedes?

IIRC, they believe that they are safe-guarding the culture and language that the original Swedes have lost. So yes.

No onhan vitun kaulaparta-autisti

Ei ole. Siinä taataan "ruotsin kielen asema", mikä ei käytännössä tarkoita sitä että suomenkielisten sitä pitäisi opiskella. Ruotsia ei edes opetettu pakollisena kuin vasta 60-70 -luvuilta lähtien. Ei liity mitenkään perustuslakiin.

Puristaako fedora?

Onkos koululaisilla jo lomat alkaneet?

Tänää oli kirkko

youtube.com/watch?v=faK22VFdzcc

they are right though

such amazing culture. so traditional!

such a beautiful beople.

:.)

Fennoswedes should all just move to Åland where they belong.

Your language sounds like music

Unless you believe in ethnic nationalism, there is nothing wrong with Finland-Swedes. They are protecting the culture of Finland, whereas most Fins just want everyone to conform and speak their language. Them supporting mandatory Swedish in schools is them fighting to keep one of the languages of Finland, one of the historic pillars of the whole country, alive.

The Finnish embracing their Mongolian / Tuvan heritage.

Traitor! They are your countrymen

You got it right with how butthurt they are about removing mandatory swedish. Also they like to consider themselves "Bättre folk" even though they are mostly middle class. t. fennoswede

Also why is Åland part of Finland again?

They voted to become part of Sweden, but Finland wouldn't let tem.

League of nations shenannigans

>I'm baffled, honestly.
this

Because geographically it's part of mainland Finland's archipelago. The only successful decision (or decision of any sort) that the league of nations made during it's existence.

Literally nothing wrong with ethnonationalism you pathetic cuck. Fennoswedes have to be eradicted or we will never be fully united as a country.

Almost everything you said is a lie.
30% of Swedish speakers marry Finnish speakers which means bilingual children equal the number of monolingual Swedish.
They aren't wealthier on average although their top 1% is overrepresented among the top 1% of the wealthiest Finns.
There's a fuckton of poorly educated farmer and fisher Fenno-Swedes outside Helsinki.

It's very important defence structure against Russia

Swedes can have their gay lobsterparties elsewhere

Also Swedes of Finland Are just finn who speak both language but they tend to be constanty happy as swedes usually are

Not all fennoswedes rich upper class. West coasters are similar tomato farmers they even look inbred
t. nyland

Fennoswedes are not the enemy, brussels and moscow and washington is.

Imagine if we could completely block RKP outside the cabinet. Fennoswedes would be totally excluded from national politics as they all vote for the bloody buggers.

>upper class/elite in big cities made up with Swedes
That explains why are there so many somalians and niggers in Helsinki, amirite?

Why does finland get depicted as orientals?

youtube.com/watch?v=zYPhXA2zHCU

Memes. Western Finland is genetically more Germanic than Sweden has been in millenia.

>mfw i watch these vids

>germanic
Fuck off back to your boat.

youtube.com/watch?v=pFCqUROWEKU&t=83s

We were here before you. This snake Amphisbaena proves it.

Swedes are overrated desu

Finns are where its at

>this is my hole! it was made for me!

All true, and

>hear swedish spoken
>pic related

East Finn detected.

Do people actually believe this meme? Most fennoswedes are farmers and regular people. In the Helsinki region there are some upperclass cunts yes, but even other fennoswedes hate them, And we do want to learn finnish, its just that it's such a hard language. Also mothers who send their kids to swedish schools only want to preserve the language, it's not like they dont want them to not learn finnish at all.

I'm almost from the west coast :D

Native West Finns>Fennoswedes>Swedes>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>East Finns>Sl*vs

fuck off you feminine sissyboy

I hate to say this but good post canada

Why is East Sweden part of Finland again?

youtube.com/watch?v=bULmuDafMYM

BAD post

Cai-Göran detected.

Bold claim, no source.

Just some roleplaying fenno-spede. Don't mind them.

Literally everything in this post is false but what can you expect from swedish education.

Real fennoswedes are farmers who only talk shit about people living in cities, especially those rich cunts

t. Fennoswede

saved

>They are still treated like colonial overlords
Most people don't even remember they exist.

What would this "unity" bring you anyways? You already live in a first world country. Fuck unity, the only people that are really important to you are your friends, family, and those you are responsible too.

>be sweden
>turn everything middle eastern, nigger and muslim
>dont support your former countrymen at all
Swedish as fuck

>living in finland
>hating finnish culture

what the fuck happened? is this some russian psyops shit? finns and swedes are brothers for christs sake

Yep. Poles are the enemy. Poles and Ruskies.

Poland is the best country in Europe

We are, but shouldn't we exist on equal terms?

Personally, I think there should be at least basic mandatory Finnish in Swedish schools.

This view isn't as common among Fins unfortunately. They have a bit more animosity toward us.

t. toilet mechanic Przkiwczi

Don't go there, you're doing it backwards. The only reasonable way to solve this is by removing Swedish from Finland.

That would be pretty swell, however it's far more likely that Swedish will stop being in Finnish schools instead. As Norway has shown, it's easy to refuse Finland even the smallest of kindnesses.

>As Norway has shown

You're talking about that mountain shit?
It was their own idea no one here ever cared or thought about it

Is Alexander Stubb a Fennoswede?

literally cai-göran

Half. He doesn't brand himself as one and isn't a member of the Swedish speakers party.

No, no, no. Forcing people to "study" unnecessary shit will only create opposition. It's a waste of time if you are not motivated.

That's why noone speaks Swedish even though it's a mandatory subject in school.

We released ourselv from the shakles of Danish and Swedish rule, and now we're the richest in Europe.

You can do it too, Finland! Boot those greedy, leeching Swedes

Yes

>We released ourselv from the shakles of Danish and Swedish rule, and now we're the richest in Europe.

is that how oil is made?

Look, we are brothers. Finlandssvensk is the enemy, they are assholes. We love you actual swedes

No need for that. We already earn more on average than the Swedes.

All this hassle about them is just autistic.