Daily reminder that only manlets play below survival difficulty

Daily reminder that only manlets play below survival difficulty.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RdVMQbZwP-0
youtube.com/watch?v=2fAjyFbyb4o
youtube.com/watch?v=ClGNm89GZBE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>2016
>using FO4 as anything other than a settlement building game

Go back and play your mobile games casualfag!

>Calling me a casualfag
>Actually playing FO4, aka the most casualised game ever

What is more hardcore? Darkcocks?

i didn't know here was difficulty ill check that out thanks.

It's amazingly immersive this new difficulty. Came out back in April, or there abouts. Console commands are disabled, quicktravel is disabled, saving is disabled(autosaves when you sleep). Plus everything kills you real quick. More about dodging then being a bullet magnet.

It's just very hard with those options I beat already 2 times would never play this shit again I'll just stick to very hard

"i beat 2 times"

What the fuck is that? You explore every location and do every quest twice? Main story does not mean "beat". You can never beat this game. It beats you when you stop playing fgt.

oh like new vegas? my brother tricked me into playing that mode in fallout new vegas, first fallout game, didn't know what i was doing, stopped playing after like an hour.

Survival difficulty is hard for 30 minutes.
After getting two guns with two different ammo types, it becomes normal.

Also, go play Very Hard+Hardcore FO:NV with AWOP mod installed. Then go play Dead Money DLC. That's the definition of hard.

Nah, it's much better then vegas's attempt. Todd made this balanced. If you do go for it, make sure to get 'Lead belly' perk, let's you drink tons of water without rads. VERY important in survival. It takes some getting used to, but it's very rewarding.

It doesn't become normal, you still die within a couple of bullets.

And let me guess, each enemy takes over 9000 bullets to kill?

So you haven't tried survival then; closest thing you can get to it for NV was the After War Nevada and A World of Pain mods.

5'3 manlet here, playing survival difficulty.
Manlet or not? Am I both?

Only if you're a shitstain that never equips and upgrades armor.
It's not hard. Metro 2033 Redux was harder and you never need more than 1 shot to kill anything in that game.

Being a manlet is a tactical advantage, you're harder to hit with bullets.

Took me 12 straight hours to do the final boss battle with the Mechanist. No VATs. Full stealth build, with a little explosives.

It ain't no cakewalk.

What's ur primary weapon specialty?

Yeah man, frankly was super disappointed in the old survival mode and FO4 in general, played it to level 60 in the first month and didn't touch it until like 2 weeks ago; made me diamonds for the game once again.

Only shit I hate is settlement attacks all the fucking time with no fast travel, trying to get through Far Harbor right now.

crying for mercy

alright ill give it a go. any other tips?

Every Bethesda game that comes out is a step backwards.

people still play this?

I lost my saves when i formatted my SSD trying to get rid of malware.

Started again a few days ago. lvl 11 now.

Hearing about this survival difficulty thing made me interested in the game again. Is there any good alternate start mod or at least something that will allow me to ignore the main story?

this

Damn that sucks butthole, but it's gotta be interesting starting from scratch on survival; might do it for shits n' giggles but I just don't want to sit through that intro again

>Todd

Shut the fuck up

this

Just checked it out on the Nexus, Another Life - Alternative Start Mod looks promising

Are you kidding? Everything that wasn't human took at least 2 or 3 head shots to put down on that game.

Daily reminder that Fallout 4 is not a fallout game.

Enjoy your COD bullshit.

/thread

Neither are 3 or NV

not arguing

the amount of weight you can carry is severely lowered. and bullets have weight now so no more carrying 1000 rounds

They have that for Fallout too? I have that mod for skyrim, it's great. How does it work with the kidnapped baby though?

Try fighting anything south of the city on lvl 1 without vats and tell me it's COD.

>inb4 you chicken out

get outta here you filthy casual. Go play ur linear FPS from the 90s.

People still play fallout? I mean I'm a BIG fallout fan And I just can't force myself to play it. It's fucking boring the least amount of missions/quests out of ANY Bethesda game, lazy vaults, barely any cool wacky wasteland type encounters and the ONLY good dlc so far has been far harbor. And what do they announce at e3?
>HUR hurrrr instead of more missions like we did for 3 were going to give you boring ass shit to build, how abou build a vault!!!!!

>/threading your own post
I agree though, FO4 doesn't have what I'm looking for from a fallout game

I still carry around a few hundred rounds per gun.

BUT strength is IMPORTANT. I wouldn't go any lower then 5. More if you want to use heavy guns like the RPG. Each rocket weighs 7 pounds.

My favorite fallout game was the fucking second one you vapid cunt.

yeah I'm lacking in strength at the moment

>daily reminder that only faggots still play FO4

Have you not enjoyed the roof top exploration. NV and 3 never had that. Or perhaps the UFO junglegym that can be climbed inside? Or the ability to hurry up dialogue by pressing down on the arrow keys or clicking on the speaker?
All these details make this game so much greater then the sum of it's parts. If you hadn't noticed, a lot of the cooler missions are lvl specific, as in they don't get offered until higher lvls.
I personally love base building. You obviously love the stories of quests. I hope more dlcs come out for you.

>base building
And then what? The games been out since November. I found every single location and did all the missions. What the fuck is there to do from then? No dlcs added new spaces, there's no enemies AT ALL that wander. It's just boring

Well go play that and GET FUCK OUT!!!!!!!!!!!

Survival difficulty fgt. Go start a character right now and get humbled. You'll discover things you never knew were there. So many secret things hidden in almost plainsight. The city is the best place for it. I suggest specing into lockpicking.

Not him but a few admittedly cool features can't make up for what I consider the flaws of the game.
Overabundance of radiant quests, a leveling system I don't like, way more focus on combat than talking, speech turning from an interesting to a minor advantage of having high charisma, having your character's backstory decided for you by the game, a voiced protagonist making it impossible to roleplay a character.

Already did it bud. And no I looked up most of the secret shit on the wiki to make sure I didn't miss anything when exploring a place. It's just not a good fallout. I defended it when it first came out but it dawned on me how lazy this one was

only manlets play video games...

DO NOT spec into endurance. It's a waste. Most enemies will kill you in 1-3 hits. Best to just upgrade armour, or spec into dodge/dmg perks.

Doesn't hold my interest either. Mods or not

Ok i'll pay that. Forced main character back story. Plus speech checks have always been bullshit. Never realistic, or fun. Should be more like a minigame or remembering what people like and feel, then using that information to persuade them. Sorta like who wants to be a millionaire, but you have to pay attention to what people say, like with pen and paper IRL. That would make it skillful and fun imo.

Thoughts?

Show me a better sandbox game with this level of detail and physics. PRO TIP: you can't. It took 4 years to make, that's a hell of a lot more then 90% of AAA devs these days. And it's not made by microtransaction shilling jews like Rockstar.

>inb4 that cancer that is Bethesda's mobile game

let me guess, you prefer linear games with lots of dialogue? Perhaps your favourite game titles include: The Walking dead, Wolf Among us, and the last of us. I really hate those games. I much prefer a big map to explore with lots of interesting people to meet, and things to loot. If you don't like sandbox games, maybe just do the linear quests and move on to another game?

Edgy but kinda right
I played in the Survival difficulty before this huge update from July but stopped because
>no more item durability (besides power armor)
>Chat became too simplified
>bullets had no weight
>food, water and sleeping had no effect in game
>endings were pretty stale, should have had way more possibilities considering the previous games
>almost nothing to do to your faction after you beat the game
>synth armor is OP but ugly as fuck
>had no radiation mask just for the bottom part of the head (that triggered me so bad, i just wanted to wear my fancy ass fashion glasses with a radiation mask but oh no, thats too complicated to have in game)
I do know there are mods to fix some of that stuff and that the survival difficulty update fixed many more but I just lost interest. Should I give it another try? What mods yall suggest?

So you'er a nerd? I'm 6'1 and I don't play nerd games, lol. Suck it, fagot.

There isn't any other sandbox game to compare it to. BUT that doesn't mean it's GOOD. Just face it man, this fallout was a C+ AT BEST and this is coming from a longtime fallout fan since the first one

Fallout 4 isn't really a casual game. No Bethesda games are. If you want casual, get back to your piece of shit class based shooters/mobas (overwatch, cod, LoL)

>let me guess, you prefer linear games with lots of dialogue?
The two aren't mutually exclusive you dumb cunt.

I'm fine with speech checks requiring actual player imput as long as they are as useful as in NV.

There was this old game called Arcanum where you were required both to have enough charisma (which was used for speech checks) and to choose the right dialogue options based on what would be sensible to say and informations acquired earlier in the game. I'd be fine with something like that.

Stop. Fallout4 has been casual as fuck what are you talking about. I don't hate fallout but come on now

> skyrim isn't a casual game

Only mods I can recommend are the ones i use.

>Atomic radio
>"Todd Howard It Just Works Level Up replacer"
>"Radio Enchance - more songs"(286 all period accurate, some really funny ones. Look out for 'He says Murder He says by Betty Hutton", and Hush Hush hush, and Red Run Run. Fucking funny songs. (286 in total, still haven't workout out to remove ones i dislkie, but i have a theory)
>Darth Vader NOOOOOOO death sound (much lols)

youtube.com/watch?v=RdVMQbZwP-0
youtube.com/watch?v=2fAjyFbyb4o
youtube.com/watch?v=ClGNm89GZBE

I play in leather cause I'm RPing as a sniper. No sniper would be caught dead in metal, plastic or power armour. It's a bloody Role Playing Game after all right? Make your own rules.

>not running wasteland empire
>not hoarding gold
>not drowning in hookers and drugs

c'mon lad, no coppers init

Name me 1 sandbox, legit sandbox mind you not some bs like Assassin's creed or farcry(which are completely linear in the way they let you explore the map), that has lots of good quality dialogue with character arches and emotions and your choices effecting the world in meaningful ways THAT ISN'T FALLOUT 4.

Pro tip: gg

> gold

Fallout 1

Every other fallout game?

Mount and Blade Warband

>has game on potato graphics setting

Would you consider Sub Rosa to be a casual game? Perhaps you think Red Orchestra is a casual game? Just because something is popular doesn't mean it's casual. Bethesda games have always had difficulty sliders. Only pussies play on low difficulties.

just uninstalled this game today.
I even have the season pass.
it is just that bad.

Witcher 3

>difficulty sliders
Yeah making it so you do less damage and the enemy has more HP is the mark of a true pro gamer isn't it champ?

seriously.
they put everything into new mechanics and forgot about the story.
plus they made it a voiced pc which reduced dialogue options.
which don't matter because you're going to agree to do everything anyway.
I can't believe how badly they fucked up this game. I hope they don't fuck up the next elder scrolls game like this.

It's not about the difficulty slider, it's about how gutted and casualized Skyrim's rpg aspects are.

i only play the lowest difficulty in every game

U better have earnt that legit. I hate people who use console to build. It's like those fgts that use creative on their Minecraft server and swear it's all legit. That goes for you MODDERS too. Modding to give urself unlimited power in power armour or a massive base is CHEATNG. Fuck off with your lies!

Baldur's Gate 1 and 2

This

AWOP?

pls respond

>guessing a world of pain

Please go bait somewhere else. This has been a decent thread so far.

Haven't played em yet. I'll look into it.

>Play survival mode at the beginning
>Blah blah blah nukes blah blah blah dead wife
>Think it will be easy
>Get killed instantly by shit tons of radroaches
>Takes 15 minutes for me to finally exit the vault
>Fuckyes.gif
>Go down the hill forgetting about my health
>Instantly die and start back at the vault
I had to go back 15 fucking times because of those god damn insects in the houses

Used to think dark souls or mgs were my favorite games but now i know its the witcher

What if it's just a mod that makes me a skeleton.

You know guns are for shooting things with right? They aren't just a weird looking club.

>Fallout 4 iz sheit reeeeeeeeeeee
>u haz n0 tazte :DDDD
>poo fling
>poo fling

>No really guys, the guy that points out that modding is cheating and using CCs to build bases is comparable to using Creative Mode in minecraft is the one who is ruining this thread.

I hate turnbased shitfests. I used to play tabletop figurines, shit is boring. If I want to wait for action of a fight, i'll play IRL tabletop NOT A FUCKING VIDEO GAME!!!!
>go play pokemon fgt

Played all the other ones, except obsidian's original shitfest. Fallout 3 was inferior to Fallout 4 in story telling. NV's idea of your actions having consequences and factions was legit good. I miss the disguises esp. NV was, let's be honest, a massive glorified DLC for 3. But Fallout 4 is much stronger in other areas.

And only faggots play that awful game

I don't know about the other guy, but I've done every quest, explored every location, fixed every settlement, and located all the bobblehead and non dropped unique guns. I think it's safe to say I've beaten it

Trips speaks the truth

>skipping dialogue
ITS SUPPOSED TO BE A FUCKING RPG

Then that's fuckin cool m80. Link plz?

you're a bit late to the party

Ah you're just a retard with no attention span. Gotcha. In that case Fallout 4 is perfect for you.