Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums

I'm struggling at the moment, I've recently chosen to denounce my religion and become an atheist and I'm glad I've done it, but the problem I'm having is struggling to remain friends with the people from my previous life, I've come to terms with the fact I was blind, but now I do truly see the light in atheism, but I just cannot have a intelligent conversation with my friends anymore as it inevitably leads to one of them "thanking god" or "god will see it right" or some other holy bullshit, just today one of my friends told me he thanked god more people weren't killed in Orlando, how the fuck do I deal with the irony of a statement like that, or is it just time to make new friends?

make new friends
religious people are all mentally deficient
once you get a decent couple of critically-minded friends you'll see you can never properly be friends with these idiots any more

But how do I deal with my family? I can't make new family :/

for a start, you don't begin every fucking sentence with "WELL SPEAKING AS AN ATHEIST"..

ideally it shouldn't have any impact on your life. an atheist eats fries the same way a christian does. christians don't have to should PRAYSE JAYSUS every time they take a shit, and if your family makes you pray before every meal and after every shower and before you go to bed, then you have a case for abuse.

if they drag you to church, don't sit there pouting and muttering "i'm not a christian!" like my sister did. go along with it. don't get all offended like some fucking SJW.

what they believe doesn't impact you, unless they want to circumcise you. then you go to the police.

stick to pleasantries while talking to them, marry someone with your views and make a new family that way
build a better support base for when you need advice that doesn't all come back to god

Damn you must live in some heavy religious town. Sounds like you're going through your "I hate these religions! Anyone that believes in religion is a fucking idiot and they want to kill everyone and bring down civilization!" Stage that you'll find all over Sup Forums and reddit. Eventually you'll understand that you won't change anything or anyone and you just have to live and let live. You'll learn to not bring up conversations that will lead to conflict and you'll learn how to respectfully and peacefully exit a conversation that you simply don't want to be in.

There's much more to friends and family than their beliefs and it would do you well to learn what those things are. As you you avoid religion in conversation with them over time, eventually they'll catch on that it's just not an interesting or conversation-sustaining conversation subject with you and it won't be brought up as much.

Also I've never been religious but I still use "thank god" just as a phrase

in b4 OP claims this was B8

in b4 nice copypasta bro

A recent study conducted by Harvard University shows that a whopping 83% of males that identify as being atheist, suffer from repressed homosexual tendencies. The figure is just over 4% for Christian males, which is way below the national average.

Why is this?

Probably because certain Christians are taught that homosexuality is legitimately evil or wrong so even if they felt urges they would deny them in themselves and sure as hell wouldn't answer that they had them in even an anonymous survey because they feel the need to even tell themselves they don't have urges.

I don't know.
But generally speaking, religious people are smarter and happier.
Around 8/10 of the worlds top physicists are religious.

Oh.....

This is why people hate atheists.

You can't just be an atheist, keep your religious views to yourself - you've got to make large speeches about how gloriously enlightened you are.

At least some of the christfags don't go on about their religion.
Fuck.

You grow the fuck up and be an adult

Enjoy your new religion of atheism. Where ridiculous theories are fact, nothing matters in life, and you're more intolerant than ISIS.

I don't get it, like do you guys think that if you just obviously make up some statistic from some "study" that you've obviously just made up on the spot like a fucking 10 year old that people will just believe you? I'd love you to link to this great study about homosexual athiests they did at Harvard (lol), not to mention source on the 8/10 physicists being religious. Holy shit dude haha

Its silly you feel the need to officially denounce your current religion, just keep your views to yourself and be respectful of other (simpler) peoples need to believe in an all powerful man in the sky.

Thank God they were just faggots.

If you studied bible you should not even be atheist because atheism believe 100% in NO GOD but there is no proof too that he do not exist, so it's just another face of same coin.
You probably is AGNOSTIC "google it if need"

Do some lone time with 'em
From time to time go with them to church and later ask 'em to go see a documentary why god ain't real because you went to their shit so they should go to your shit
Agree to read a bible if they read some darwin or richard dawkins
It takes bout a year or two to convert them to atheism
I managed to get one of my buddies to convert, I didn't try with the 2nd one since his parents are conservative af so if he converted they'd kick him out of home and I didn't want him to be homeless

/thread

There is also no proof that Santa Claus doesn't exist. Yet I can say with certainty that he does not.

This... Just let them do their bullshit and don't let it bug you.

Well, you'll be shitting coal m8 for saying stuff like that. Solid chunks of coal.

This kind of makes me laugh, athiest claim to be all about science and smart, yet they ignore basic scientific principles, like if you can't prove something is true then you can not say it is true.

>but there is no proof too that he do not exist, so it's just another face of same coin.
>You probably is AGNOSTIC "google it if need"
Stop being a fence sitter.
I don't believe in any god the same way I don't believe in gargoyles or the flying spaghetti monster. You know the way that all those religious faggots just know FOR SURE there's no Shiva, Zeus or Apollo? That's how I am with Shiva, Zeus and Apollo...and your god. It's not a stretch to go one god further.

you really cant though

you would probably be an agnostic atheist btw
agnostic on your belief with god and atheist, as you do not have a religion

there is a teapot orbiting jupiter

just believe me okay? you can't prove it's not true
but also i want to make my orbiting teapot matter in matters of government and law but you can't say it doesn't exist

cut them out of your life completely.

The dark lord satan only accepts those who are willing to sacrifice attachments most important to them

When the claims are about magic and other absurdities worthy of ridicule, no proof is necessary.

>or is it just time to make new friends?

I mean, if they are hardcore religious nuts, then I'd look elsewhere. But if they are just normal religious people, it's no big deal

don't be a fedora tipper atheist, just keep it to yourself in public unless directly asked about your beliefs. I don't believe in God and I go to church with my family sometimes. It's no big deal. Are you really annoyed when people say "Thank God more people didn't die"? Don't sharpen the edge, m80

Most atheist lacks any real education. Many times I have managed to convert these atheist to believing in an omnipotent being. I'm not saying the Christian God, more along the line of a Boltzmann brain.

The constants of nature cannot be explained other than using an anthropic reasoning.
Only M-theory has a possible explanation but the math is so cluster fucked with all the compactified dimensions it requires that even the likes of Leonard Susskind can't make sense of it.

Religion is a phase of humanity before we look to the stars user.
Something to believe in until we can believe in humanity and rightfully claim our superiority over the stars.
That is the Imperial Truth.
We are too young as a species and we must allow for mistakes as we grow.

>Most atheist lacks
>Most atheist
>lacks
pls

Just don't worry about it so much you stupid Fucking moron. It's just a phrase.

Shoot them in the face and ask them to thank "god" for sparing their stupid churched up family

i'll show all you non believers when i finally master my use of the Force and become a jedi warrior. you'll all see

You don't BELIEVE, Believe is not a certain because as i said there is no proof.
Logic lead us to this way but logic do not proof facts.

Speak English please

Make new friends. Be polite to your old friends and dont mock them for their religion unless they mock you first.
Pretty much some people just NEED to believe invisible sky man has an interest in their lives. Some need the threat of hell to keep them acting decently in public, others use the idea of god as a security blanket.
Just move on. My wife is religious, we are respectful of each other, so there isnt any of "praise god you didnt die on this average day" bullshit. But I do like to nut in her cross when I titty fuck her.

I look forward to it user.
A step into realizing our psychic powers by beginning to influence the warp.

English

Simply put, fuck em.

People that have committed to magical thinking can't be convinced of anything.

Doesn't meet you have to cut everybody off. but don't bother trying to rationalize with them on this subject. Let them be idiots, and if they choose to make conflict with you over it tell them to fuck right off.

Good job, am proud.

I'm also atheist

People say bless you, thank god, jesus Christ, what are you going. ... With no real religious meanings. It's what we're conditioned to do. So, i don't pay attention to those comments.

If someone tries to beat someone down with the Bible, then I'm all over it. But there's an obvious difference in intent

Lol, Harvard is a law school.

Sorry to say this, but all you atheists are going to Hell.

Cool strawman

Atheism is dumber than religion. At least the religious define themselves by means of what they believe, or claim to believe.
Defining yourself by means of what you loathe or hate makes you an idiot.

It's right back down to "stop liking what I don't like, I hate you!".
Religion is by no means the problem.

>At least the religious define themselves by means of what they believe
...And atheists also define themselves based of their beliefs or lack thereof

>Defining yourself by means of what you loathe or hate makes you an idiot.
Being an atheist doesn't automatically mean you hate religion and relgious people. It just means you lack belief in a God.

that's not how any of this works.

Just because I don't believe in magic and superstition doesn't mean I hate you if you do. You can do what you want, I don't give a fuck if it doesn't affect me.

People taking this bait, topkek

yea i have kind of a same problem but the good thing is , almost all of my friends are like me ... they were christians once , like me , once we had a talk so now almost none of my friends believe in god lol , and for those who believe , i try not to talk to them about religion cuz once you start it , they might end up crying in corner lol (it happened once) , my family doesn't know that i dont worship spiritual shit in the air . so yeah