Thoughts on this album Sup Forums?

thoughts on this album Sup Forums?

Wetton's shitty vocals is the only thing I dislike about it.

Favorite album from my favorite band.

Exiles > Book of Saturday = Pt. 2 = Easy Money > Pt. 1 > Talking Drum

You serious man? Wetton portrays desperation and sorrow just as well if not better than Lake.

Fuck you

Pt. 1 > everything imaginable

pt. 2 is best song

and i agree that wetton's vocals are shit

What was the best KC vocalist and why was it Adrian Belew?

My personal fav rock albums ever.

Definitely in the top 5 in terms of artistic merit imo.

Really great album. Larks tongues pt 1 is probably my favourite song on it, followed by Exiles. My guitarist recently learned the violin part so we have been jamming to Exiles a fair bit. It's great.

Best KC album

Probably their best album on purely objective musical grounds.

No complaints here man, Belew era Crimson rocks, his vocals are great and he has such a fun stage personality, really seems to just love his job

Shitty vocals are my problem with KC in general. I still prefer Wetton's dullness to Lake's cheese and Belew's goofy shit tho.

Red > Islands > ItCotCK > Lark's Tongue > Discipline

To be desu the user complaining about vocals in KC is somewhat right. To the point I can't really judge them on vocals alone, but only in terms of everything they brought to the table, and in that aspect Belew is simply the best by a fair margin.

Way better than ITCOTCK but not quite as good as Red. About on par with Discipline.

LTIA, SABB, and Red are Crim's Holy Trinity. Some of the best music ever recorded.

Tied with Red as my favorite KC.

The drumming during the jam in Larks' Part 1 is pure sex.

The live versions of these songs are superior

This. I heard the Road to Red version of Exiles before the album version and I was honestly disappointed.

ITCOTKC > Larks Tounge > RED > Island > Discipline

This

LTIA Pt. 2, Exiles, and Easy Money on USA Live are stupid heavy. Though really any live recording of that lineup will be like that.

Discipline > Lark's Tongue In Spic > ITCOTCK > Red

Islands sucks