Is human/robot marriage ethical?

Is human/robot marriage ethical?

Ethical... Yeah I guess but is it necessary. It's not like your having kids with them or can leave an inheritance.

what would be unethical about it?

>implying having kids and leaving an inheritance is the sole purpose of life

Replacing your partner and sullying marriage to be about self gratification?

then divorce is unethical? Isn't that also "sullying marriage"?

The current robots or the fully sentient RMS-2044?

No, that just means an end to the union.
Then again marriage is pretty much marred at this point because of how easy it is to fuck someone over with divorce.

I don't see much difference. Marriage is basically for whatever you want it to be for, if you want to marry a robot, that's not hurting anyone. Personally I'd be first in line for a sex robot, I'd never bother to marry one though

AI capable of companionship would only facilitate a singularity and cause the destruction of the human race.

kek

is human/table marriage ethical?

That's why I don't have any friends. Companionship leads to destruction of human race. True story.

Reproduction causes evolution, which means humanity will be replaced so it dooms the human race.

>reproduction causes evolution
>which means humanity will be replaced
?

Replaced by the species that evolves from us.

>mfw

that species will just be a slightly different kind of us. It'll still be humanity, just genetically slightly different.

Not until robots become selfaware and at least as intelligent and free willed as humans.

Until then, they're just automatons, objects. You can't marry objects.

the only thing that will doom humanity is NOT evolving. Humans will evolve into something new. That's not doom, that's adaptation.

Stop trying to sound clever. you're not.

Ethical only if the robot was a true AI and has equal rights as a human in which country it was in

>no longer human
>but that's okay

but it will be human. You seem to think that in a thousand years when we all have 4 toes it'll mean humanity doesn't exist.

Marriage is fucking retarded no matter who's involved.

It won't be human as we know and eventually it will be unrecognizeable.

yup. And people from 10 000 years ago are pretty different from today. This isn't a bad thing.

Most likely humans will split off into multiple new groups. Especially as we start colonize other planets and evolving independently.

In fact the star trek type galaxy of many humanoids may come to pass, but with humans as the ancestors of all the "alien" types.

It's more the ape-like creatures we evolved from that I'm thinking of.

if being a muslim is... well anything goes...

no one looks at evolution on the scale of 1000 years bro.

Try a million, changes will but substantial.

of course. Is this a bad thing?

well considering humans make the rules about what is and what isn't human, we can keep calling ourselves human as long as we fucking want to.

It's all just genes anyway. There's nothing significant about "human" outside of our own perception.

No it's a good thing. Evolution is adaptation for survival.

Enjoy being cucked by Pajeet from tech support, faggot.

kek

>not installing "must pop in loo" as a requirement to handle her

Cherry 2000

> inb4 oldfag

i think he means what's the point of marriage. just have a robot girlfriend, you wouldn't get any benefits from having an official marriage really. if you just want the theatrics, have a fake wedding, there's no difference really

Considering the first AIs that people would be marrying would likely have been specifically designed for companionship without having a choice in the matter, no, it would not be ethical. They would essentially be happy slaves.

That said it's still more ethical than gold diggers marrying for money and then divorcing at the first avalible opportunity and society seems to be OK with that so in the grand scheme of things I don't see the problem.

>Thinking that reproducing and passing on your genes isn't the sole purpose of life

This.
Then there' s the difficult question: Do they deserve rights like we do?
The reason we protect animals from torture is because they can feel pain.
Who's to say that this AI isn't just a really powerful, yet totally insensitive, human simulator?

It is neither a good thing or a bad thing, it just is. Evolution only priorities survival and reproduction, assuming we make it that far what we evolve into could very well be significantly less intelligent than ourselves if the environments of the future have necessitated that change.