>His country does not have a solar road

Stay energically dependant, cucks

france24.com/en/20161222-france-opens-world-first-solar-road

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RjbKYNcmFUw
youtube.com/watch?v=H901KdXgHs4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Solar freaking roadways!

soon you'll have the first solar strike.

gypsies are gonna steal it, guaranteed

Soon they will power electrical cars through induction, too

France has a lot of cool shit...

Snow most of the year.
Leaves the rest of the year.
They will be stolen if visible.

We put ours on top of commieblocks.

The cars are going to ride on top of the panels? Can't you see why that's a bad idea?

good job removing a solar panel from a material as though as concrete without damaging it

Besides, gypsies have been stealing all kinds of shit from railroads for decades, it didn't stop us from using trains

Do you think the governement spent 5 million euros on solar panels laid on roads?

C'mon, there is a transparent material on top of the solar panels, that acts like the road and provides the same adhesion, while protecting the panels

that's why was the hardest to develop

Railroad ties aren't valuable, but they are critical to a train's function.
A solar panel doesn't exactly compare to a railroad tie neither in terms of cost nor performance.

>Asphalt
>made for the sole purpose to last long when cars drive over it
>use solar panels instead

what did they mean by that

>not filling liquid nitrogen into your neodymium car to make it float

I've seen with my own eyes gyppos stealing McDonalds's chairs that were fucking bolted to the ground
they will steal it

I'm not talking about railroad ties, I'm talking about any kind of "kind of valuable" metals, such as copper

They still everything, sometimes they even steal it directly from construction sites, we still find it profitable

also, as we lay more panels down, the process will be optimized, and the cost brought down

So it's made out of glass?

Wouldn't that get slippery? And if it's coarse, wouldn't that make the glass opaque and the panels less efficient?
And even if it's coarse, leave it under heavy traffic for a week and the friction will reduce its grooves. It will become slippery.

And yeah, I can trust the government would do some stupid shit with taxpayer money.

Have you even read my post or the article, or are you just trying to make fun of me?

>solar roads instead of solar roofs

retarded

>5 million euros to power a bunch of street lights

Lel

Nope, didn't read it. Just trying to make fun of you and of solar roadways, since it's a ludicrous idea.

tough words from someone without street lights

Why not placing it on rooftop intead?
Dumbfucks gonna hop on and damage it, or worse it might get stolen

Still these are cheaper than russian, and will probaly will last longer.

>France has 950 000 km or roads over its territory, that are already built and owned by the governement.
>The average roads is not obstructed 90% of the time

Yeah, that's really stupid to use a huge infrastructure we already have

Why would you need street lights if the truck drivers are going to drive right into the pedestrians anyway?

kek

wow
france has sunshine 90% of the time???

now seriously, if you're gonna waste the money anyway, why not waste it in the most efficient way?
normal solar panels are inclined for a reason, and away from cars

Nice one.

>The average roads is not obstructed 90% of the time
>france has sunshine 90% of the time

If you look very carefully, you can see that these two are different

lol, this is probably true
i was in russia and heard from locals that roads can never be repaired because of corruption

well, if you consider that not only cares, but both clouds and the planet earth itself can be in the way between the sunlight and the panels, you'd apreciate my joke

and address the rest of my post

good idea but pissheads in this country would just smash them up on a night out

Why not just build them right next to the road and solve every single problem associated with this

Look, the first solar panel that was used in 1958 was put on a roof, it's the usual way we go, of course it's the best, and we have been doing so for decades, but every building is not the same, the vast majority of them are privates, so the governement can't just put solar panels on top of them like that, and putting them on every building in a city alone would take years, because you'd need all the authorisations, and you'd need days to install them in a street

Now, the roads are owned by the gov, solar panels can be placed there each one next to the other, potentially we could make a machine that install them on top of existing roads (that's how they work)

Of course this road is not even close to being profitable, 5 million for a mile, that's not worth it at all, but first, it's an experiment to see if that's possible, and then, if it is possible, we could mass produce them and reduce the cost to a point where they would be cheaper than all the power plants we have to maintain, the waste we have to adress, and the pollution

Nobody said this was a revolution, but it's progress

I recall a story where corrupt Russains literally stole a fucking road. Like, they dismantled it and shipped it to another part of Russia.

Stole.
A.
Fucking.
Road.

The government can give citizens discounts on their energy bill, tax credits or whatever to instlal solar panels on their roofs. It would still end up being cheaper than the solar roadways.

Good job wasting your tax money.

>solar panels on road are more expensive and less efficient than ones on roofs oriented at the sun

wow, I can't believe this guy just made a 14min video to explain something so obvious

Wasn't this debunked?
> expensive as fuck
> not very efficient
> efficiency dramatically reduced when the road gets dirty
> high maintenance cost
> not durable
> low life cycle

Putting solar above the roads makes more sense then in them.

youtube.com/watch?v=H901KdXgHs4

Solar FREAKIN Roadways, are they real?

watch this dumb fucks

He talks about more than that. Like maintenance and such.
If it was so obvious maybe you'd realize how retarded it is. When you explain things to frenchmen and politicians you really have to hammer the point in.

If you get that it's obvious then why do you promote it?

the problem is that it's not progress. it's a tried and done, that's why nobody installs solar panels horizontally

several projects have already been put in place, installing regular solar panels along highways

and you can reduce the cost of this forever faulty system, sure, but other systems will also have their costs reduced. don't waste money on powerplant maintenance? you'll waste it on road/solar roadway both "combined" now.

I'd undrestand wasting money on this, if other tried and proved better options had been exhausted.

Several years ago the Netherlands experimentally installed it in the bike road and never heard till now

good luck not ruining that with snow plows.

>energically

>as we lay more panels, the process will be optimized, and the cost brought down

Not if the government is doing it.

We are more efficient than US gov.

ah yes this horse shit again
tl.dw. it's 6 times the cost for for an equal output of a commercial ground installation

>Honey, why is there a power outage again?
>Just a traffic jam, Madeleine

I don't get it, why not make solar road roofs? (I'm an English-speaker and I'm at a loss for a word for something, WTF. You know what I mean, a roof over the road.) Less sun damage to everything else, more sun power to the panels. And they won't get cracked within the first few trucks to drive over it.

Traffic jams would actually have no effect on power output. A car always blocks the area of its chassis regardless of whether it's moving or not.

This really shows the retardation of the """"green"""" desu senpaitachi