Wal-Mart sucks thread

Wal-Mart sucks thread.
Stories about shirty Wal-Mart's from customers and associates.

I'm a CAP team 2 member and basically we're suppose to unload the General merchandise truck/s that ranges from 1100-2600 pieces of freight and then stock it. Except we usually only have 8-10 guys at a time and the manager's take 3 of us away for their personal projects. The manager's find ways to screw us over and blame us. They can't fire us though because we pretty keep the shelves stocked for most of the store and they don't want to pay for stickers when they have us. My supervisors are pretty cool and take a lot of the shit from the manager's but everyone I work with is either quitting or transferring to a different part of the store because they're tired of being treated like shit. This means they are replaced by new hires and that I am one of the more knowledgeable cap 2 associates left and that I have to pull more of the load until the newbies learn. Havent quit because I need the money and the manager's won't let me transfer because they need someone who knows what to do. I'm fucked.

Sorry for the typos my auto correct sucks

Ex trucker, used to deliver to walmart stores.

My biggest complaint was managers that would take their sweet ass time unlocking the door to let me in. One store in a high crime area in indianapolis left me standing out back for over an hour in the middle of the night. I wasn't scared or anything, I just sat on a stack of pallets and played on my phone, but the employees later told me I was crazy for staying back there and not locking myself in my truck.

And seriously, I'm gonna go jihad the next time I go there and there's not nearly enough registers open for the amount of people in the store.

I feel sorry for the truck drivers because most employees in the backroom don't have keys for the doors and haven't been told what to do when there is a delivery and the drivers at the door. It gets awkward when they driver starts getting louder and bangs on the door because you can really only call for a manager and they do take their sweet time.

I just started working for walmart, i know is gonna suck, i already hate it, i can't wait to quit, but i need money lol and they pay decent

What's your position?

walmart customers in general are gross

Cap team 2 supervisor here, fuckin hate my job but make 15 an hour which is alot more than any other retail shit hole id end up in, it sucks but if u know how to play the game your good, read your job description on the wire and if they ask anything out of ordinary and it aint done right they cant fuck with u,and threatening them with osha is always fun hahaha

Overnight stocker here. My store is shit. I have to work every night I am scheduled two aisles down from a guy with tourettes who literally screams and laughs maniacally all night. First few nights it was kinda funny but when the reality sets in that that is what you're dealing with from now on you just feel dead inside. Everyone gets assigned 10+ hours of work a night while day crew just farts around all day, being a bunch of elderly old guard that will probably die there.

demand raise after you locate another job before you quit

I worked cap team 2 for a year before transfering out OP. I know your pain. There were nights where we had two 2000 piece trucks and all that showed up were myself and one other guy. They refused to call anyone who was off because "We can't spare the hours" I was supposed to be off work at 10 pm. I left at 3 am after I had no breaks or lunch all day. I even had to be back the next day at 2 pm. All that and not even a fucking thank you. What did Myself and the other guy get? "What do you mean you're leaving? the trucks aren't both finished!"

TWO. TWO FUCKING PEOPLE. I've since transferred to electronics where I basically stand around most of the day explaining to old people how their smart phones and laptops work, make $2 more an hour than I did on CT2 and have a much easier job. Managers except my direct hate me. I call them out on their shit daily. Honestly surprised they haven't made up an excuse to fire me yet.

I know the feeling, but it could be worse. I was in a worse situation for a different store. They expected us, just 3 people, to unload, stock, clean, and block the store with trucks in excess of over 1000+ pieces within 4 hours durring the day before out store closed. Half the time the manager would take 1 of my crew and have them do shit they were supposed to do.

Lasted 9 days as a night time shelf stocker. The hours didn't bother me as I still work nights now. The manager just half ass showed me what to do then disappeared. I'd have to either track her or another person from another department if I had any questions. And I always had fucking questions because I didn't know what to fucking do because my boss was fucking lazy. I Rage quit and got a job as a night attendant at a rest area. Been there for 4 years now. Thank god every day I never have to go back

How much do those night stockers get paid and how's that job?

I'm lookin for some overnight work.

they know what's going on, that's what is fucked up. and they can't do anything about it either, they really can't spare the hours because they don't even have a choice. they will get in trouble if they fuck up too. as long as you don't create a problem between how things are functioning in the store for them they don't give a single shit about you. as long as you function and can do your job without being told to do it your life will be the same every day you are there. just paying the bills like everyone else

Sounds like my situation at my SuperTarget I work at.

dollar shift differential above starting pay for working overnight. task hours generated by truck size are always cut by management down to unreasonably short and they expect it done faster than that. Expect the worst employees to work with because they need anybody to do it and it is usually the people who didn't make the cut on day shift. Expect day management/crew to treat you like shit.

That reminds me of my first time working anywhere but the registers there. I get my lane shut down two hours before shift end and was told I would help throw the truck. I get back there and there is three people working two belts and one guy is screaming at the other two what to do. turns out it was the support manager, the garden center door greeter, a newbie and me throwing a two truck night. Worst time ever. Got a free gatorade for helping.

Produce

That's odd. I worked 3rd shift at Stop and Shop and they wouldn't keep anybody on 3rd shift unless they could throw 270 cases per night. It was day shift that often didn't do shit.

I was an ice cream vendor for a while. Had 1 Walmart, right in the middle of my rout.

One day they tell me that I have to be packed out by 9AM. I would not be allowed to pack out after that. I offered to come in late at night, because I was in college and could come in later, but no. No explanation for why that was not acceptable.

So, fuck them. I was only making $40/week off of that store. I cut back from servicing them 5 days per week to 1 day per week.

Faggot

Faggot

Sucks, man, I've worked at Wal-Mart on two separate occasions and let me tell you that they don't give a fuck about you, but I'm sure you already know that. I feel so sorry for people who try to make a career out of Wal-Mart. It seems appealing at first, but WM cares so little about their employees that they will find a way to fire them once they start making too much money, and then they're left with basically nothing. Shit company, I'm glad Amazon is spanking their faggot asses. If I were you I'd be looking for a new job, man. Don't waste your life working for those scumbags.

Fuck off m8. I used to be the same thing. We had maybe 4 guys on average to do 2500p trucks. Plus only 1 was power trained.

faggot

Faggot

Faggots

Lol fuck Walmart, I quit two weeks after they implemented that whole CAP team garbage.

I quit right when my benefits arrived

They cut benefits again. With the raise if you read the paperwork they made you sign to get the raise you'd have notice that it said "I here by agree to give up holiday pay and any PTO i currently have accrued and acknowledge that my rate of pay will result in a loss of hours worked."

Basically, they raised our pay per hour, cut our hours, our benefits and in the end we make even less than we did before and walmarts lawyers have their asses covered from us and the government until the next social fallout.