Listen to album everyday because you love it so much

>listen to album everyday because you love it so much
>the more you listen, the more the magic is lost

why does music have to work like this

Everything works like this

Keep searching. I've found a few albums that retain their magic no matter how often I listen to them.

you consume things and throw them away

its your fault

I concur.

OP, what type of music are you into? Maybe you need to listen to something more different or complex, or get into new genres.

For example?

This never happens to me, because Grimes' music is the definition of a Magical Spell.

you throw away your hamburger after you ate it

duh

Wait until you realize that your whole life is like this.

Actually, I shit it out. No throwing away involved, except maybe metaphorically.

cause your brain wants something to challenge it
there's nothing challenging about something you've heard over and over, no surprises at all, it gets boring

This is why I don't understand LTRs

God, the feels

I very rarely listen to the same album more than once in a week because of this.

Not to sound like THAT guy, but I really don't have many preferences when it comes to genre. One of the most fun things about music for me is hearing stuff I've heard anything like before, so I try to find the weirdest albums possible. I know this might be pleb, but I honestly enjoy a lot of library music

I can listen to this record every hour the rest of my life and it won't lose any magic.

I reaaaally wanted to listen to her music before I found Sup Forums

I listen to ITAOTS and The Lonesome Crowded West 2-3 times per week. the magic stays, it actually gets better because I pretty much have all the lyrics down and the songs are more meaningful (especially LCW, ITAOTS lyrics are actually just gibberish sometimes.)

this, more specifically your brain releases certain chemicals like endorphins as feedback to certain stimuli, but if you repeatedly try to get the same stimulation over and over again from the same thing, your brain actually prevents receptors from receiving these chemicals to try and stop you potentially doing harm to yourself. This is exactly what drug addicts experience, and it's why they feel like they need to take more and more drugs to get the same high as the first few times.

So I've seen similar threads about this kind of thing recently, ie. music losing it's magic with each listen. It's sort of like people who say 'I wish I could watch x for the first time again'.

Well, with music, theres a certain auditory trick that can KIND OF let you listen to your favorite album like its the first time all over again. Simply take any songs you like, and import them into an audio workstation, or anything that lets you change the pitch of song. Change the pitch by +1 semitones, and listen. It won't sound completely new, but the effect is pretty insane, you will perceive the melodies and chords as if you haven't heard them before, even though you are conciously aware that you have. I recommend y'all try this, it's had some very powerful effects for me.

Cool idea. Bump

This usually happens with things that take longer to get into for me.
Usually stuff that I instantly like also gets old a lot quicker

Then don't fucking listen to it every day

>Hear an album you really like
>decide to listen to other albums by that artist
>they're all shit and sound completely different

>Have to read a book and do some work sheets
>Put it off
>Extended deadline falls into my lap
>Have like 5 hours to read 30 pages

should be gud, funny how things work out sometimes.

>he hasn't heard an album he enjoyed so much that it dominated his soul and could not be compared to anything else
plebs leave thread pls

>He can't read a page every 10 minutes

suck my big fat DICK

Sorry, I only suck patrician dick.
Maybe you can get some fat tumblrite to suck you off while you jam out to linkin park

It's called habituation you clod.

You should have paid more attention in Bio. Or Econ. Law of diminishing returns.

i remember seeing some loveless video on youtube that did this, it definitely works.
are there any other ways? has anyone tried not listening to a song for a long time and then listening again?
this tbqh

I didn't take any of those racist courses. This semester I'm taking: Intro to Being Gay, History of White Supremacy, Psychology of Male Privilege, Gender Equality III, and Advanced Methods of Post-Modern Guilt-Trippng

>Le jardin de Heavenly
Fuck, it's been a while. Time to start listening to this again

bump