Can we all stop complaining about stupid ass shit like gun laws and just take a minute to reflect about how fucked up...

Can we all stop complaining about stupid ass shit like gun laws and just take a minute to reflect about how fucked up the world has become?

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2016/05/14/us/murder-rates-cities-fbi.html?_r=0
io9.gizmodo.com/its-been-150-years-since-the-u-s-was-this-politically-1590076355
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nah

It was always fucked up, it's just a matter of realizing how fundamentally shitty reality is.

I can fully understand that, but we've progressed so much as a society since, say the Crusades, yet there's still so much shit wrong.
By the time everyone realizes they're being complete faggots, we will have killed ourselves off.

Do you think it would be possible to have an existence without suffering?

word

And the saddest part, there's nothing you or anyone can do.

I agree, those damn gun laws have really fucked everything up

*looks out window*

seems okay here. are you american?

You think the world has become fucked up!?
Lolz, my child. Try living in the 9th century and come back and tell me how fucked up the work is today. In other words..educate yourself.

Listen here, nigger faggot. OP here. Maybe you should read through the thread and look at my responses.

Why read through a thread that starts with an idiotic statement?

This planet have been consumed by heresy, there is nothing to be saved, By an Imperial inquisition edict I call for a solution, solution to purge the darg gods from this world, I call for an Exterminatus

GLORY TO THE IMPERIUM
HAIL THE EMPEROR

>inb4 heresy in the thread

That's bullshit, with the world in such bad shape litterally anyone can make a positive impact.
Be conscientious and responsible consumers, to start

What is new, there is huge growth in all forms of technology, creating bounty-full amounts, but the rich has gotten far better at squeezing the money (I>G), hence the standard of living is dropping in most 3rd world countries

OP, grow the fuck up. The world has always been a fucked up place. There has never been a point in history where it wasn't fucked up, and there never will be. It's just so much easier to see how fucked up it is nowadays because of the internet and social media.

>Posts a picture of a round earth

everyone knows the Earth is flat.

Yea the media is ruining the world, it does nothing but highlight the bad and and put the fear in people. We're never gunna be able to join the galactic confederate if humans keep showing this kind of behavior. We're LIke the kid who bites other kids and we wonder why we never get invited to birthday parties.

Exactly, and rounders will never experience the calmness and serenity achieved once one accepts that we live on a floating disc.

Actually The World has never been less fucked up in terms of violence... Of course there Are other questionable things but Keep in mind that pretty much everything bad happens cuz of psychopaths,sociopaths,narcissists and borderliners(alsonot all of those), People who are not educated an shit. to put it even simpler: Its humanities stupidity to overcome its own drives and deal with their own emotions responsibly. Because those People Are The People who follow The above mentioned People into shit like is. Its those people who make The bad Guys powerfull... Like a self fullfilling prophecy

>muh environment
Why are you complaining? Anytime you can walk into Walmart and be surrounded by nature from every corner of the globe

I disagree, I think all the worlds problems come from human selfishness. Any other problem is natural.
And in terms of world left we have never been worse off. How can people worry about violence when the human way of living is putting us in existencal crisis eight ways till Sunday?
Violence is only going to get worse once when the system that supports all of us is broken anyways.

Selfishnes is a drive. Selfishness comes from out turbo capitalistic ways of living with all that competition and Need for consuming for status n shit. Status to get laid and reproduce. So yea stupidity, or lack of self reflection. Thats why we Need wars, The stupid ones fight till Death for some reasons thats none of their Business actually while The smart ones avoid it

She would look so flawless with some Nazi insignia in that pic alongside the quote

Its always been This way, most people strive for power and reproduction. Without realizing that they fuck up everything with their philosophy.

I think our real fundamental flaw is that we have came up with a new system of living outside of nature. Civilization is still completely dependent on nature but is exploitive and is consuming more than can be given? Why do we do this? Most people don't know that it's happening.
This is what makes civilization inherently unsustainable. In order to survive we need consider the natural worlds impact on us and our impact on it in every aspect of life.

You can thank liberal ideology for that. They never blame the responsible party; it's always someone or something else's fault. There are no consequences. For example: Swimmer rapes a woman, spends only 2 months in jail. Muslim kills people, it's the gun's fault.

The World has always been terrible.

Once everysingle human is connected via on the line using one single means of communication, then the mother earth will develop a colective conscience and being to heal herself. And that's when we can spread and take over the galaxy. Muhahah.....or some shit like that.

Crime and poverty is at an all time low, and we are closer to world peace than we have ever been, (most wars are fought internationally against very small regressive ideological groups who are on their last, desperate legs as the enlightened world moves on without them. This is as opposed to nations and empires and entire races not 70 years ago) science for the most part is triumphing over religion, and we are more personally interconnected than ever, and the internet, the printing press of our age, is spreading common ideas and grounds faster than anything ever before.

There are serious problems to overcome, and huge threats to our way of life, that never changes... But all in all we havent "become fucked up". We are better than ever.

Media needs us to watch, and we love tragedy, so its all we get. Yes it still sucks out there and shit happens and we must continue to progress, but its still better than ever.

Isn't singularity just ultimate populism

What will come first? floating cars and vacations to mars or an Islamic caliphate?

You may choose one.

GUN LAWS SHOULD BE UNRESTRICTED!

I wanna buy a nuke, and if I could I would solve this worlds largest problem for generations...
OVER POPULATION

>no gun laws solve world problems

On all fronts besides environmental, the world is better off now than pretty much ever.

The media makes money by selling fear, and buisness is booming. Don't fall for it.

No, no something different has been going on since 2008 or so and much more so since 2012.

Shit like this didn't happened at the 90's at this rate. It simply wasn't a part of our reality.

Underrated post

Define "this"

Crime and poverty are not at an all time low, especially the past couple years. Both those trends have started reversing and are no longer true.

The huge amount of violence, aggression, unrest and general societal divisions of the past few years. Things really do seem to be falling apart at an accelerating rate.

Yes.

You consume too much media. Crime and violence have been declining for decades.

nytimes.com/2016/05/14/us/murder-rates-cities-fbi.html?_r=0

The violence you're talking about is only wars between states, civil wars and death squads have been on the rise for some time. If you're paying the least bit of attention you would see that our civilization is getting more violent for the past couple years.

Also,

io9.gizmodo.com/its-been-150-years-since-the-u-s-was-this-politically-1590076355

lel.

You've got your tinfoil on too tight m80.

Life is shit. The world is too peaceful. First world countries hold all the wealth and food leaving others in want. The weak are allowed to mooch off the strong. I vote that we disarm all nuclear weapons and go at it with rifles, tanks, explosives, and trenches like the old days. Winners get the world and all of its riches.

Fuck you, I'm borderline and making the world a better place is the only reason I don't an hero.
I feel obligated.

I literally just gave you FBI stats. What you're saying was true but stopped being true a couple years ago. Violence in the US is on the rise, civil wars are breaking out all over the planet, the US is the most divided it's been for 150 years, all of these things are verifiably true.

>the weak are allowed to mooch off the strong
>I'm too weak-willed to voice my opinions on a platform that can reach more of the public through hard work and innovation

Sure you can cherrypick stats to fit your fearful state of mind, but you're objectively wrong...

You know it's 2016 right?

Grow up you sentimental sack of shit

Justin Trudua reminds me every day.

Whats your point?

The world was always this fucked up, and actually now we are going through a golden era in diversity and tolerating diferences. Back in the good ol' middle age you would be impaled and lit on fire in matters of miliseconds if you were to declare yourself homosexual/atheist/*insert no monotheistic religion here*. Humans are still trying to overcome their stupidity and progress as a species but i we are going in the right way (kind of).

>asking for statistics from current year current day
>asking statisticians, social scientists, crime experts and the like to assemble meaningful data from less than 2 years with all conclusive evidence and absolutely no anomalies or outliers

That things have changed in the past couple years, are you even reading the posts that I make?

Which is why I posted the statement from the FBI that violent crime is on a dramatic rise. How many more times do I have to make this comment?

Society has to do away with religion and other primitive practices in order for humanity to move forward as a species. Eventually it will happen. More and more people are becoming enlightened to the fact that creation is a very high probability but an all knowing omnipotent God that controls the fate of a man is just not true. Religion was a means of to try and understand in a time were it was the only logical answer and used to control the masses. It's a primitive way of thinking and is one of the largest contributions to social instability only second to resources.

>Data released Friday by the Major Cities Chiefs Police Association, based on reports from more than 60 cities
>But nearly 40 cities showed a decline or remained essentially flat

I really don't see the point in arguing with you, because you are what you hate. You need to check your facts more thoroughly. You can't claim that crime is on a "dramatic rise" without specifically stating, yourself, what counts as violent crime. Every single instance that the FBI has controlled for or accounted for. It even means less that you're waving the FBI around as a free pass to give everything you type credence, without really showing that you understand what it is that the FBI has to do to even obtain this information.

I want you go to through the list, and tell me what a violent crime is, and whether you agree with the FBI.

For all you know, 2017-2044 could have drastically lower crime rates across the board. We don't know that, because we don't have the data.

>For all you know, 2017-2044 could have drastically lower crime rates across the board. We don't know that, because we don't have the data.

Someone needs to google histrionic trends.
And spend less time assuming college has taught him everything he needs to know about life.

Damn good point

The gist of the article is that the general trend is rising and it's focusing on homicides, using the word "sharp increase" I don't know why you're taking it so personally.

CLIMATE CHANGE CLIMATE CHANGE CLIMATE CHANGE CLIMATE CHANGE CLIMATE CHANGE CLIMATE CHANGE CLIMATE CHANGE CLIMATE CHANGE CLIMATE CHANGE CLIMATE CHANGE CLIMATE CHANGE CLIMATE CHANGE CLIMATE CHANGE CLIMATE CHANGE CLIMATE CHANGE CLIMATE CHANGE CLIMATE CHANGE CLIMATE CHANGE CLIMATE CHANGE CLIMATE CHANGE CLIMATE CHANGE CLIMATE CHANGE CLIMATE CHANGE CLIMATE CHANGE CLIMATE CHANGE CLIMATE CHANGE CLIMATE CHANGE CLIMATE CHANGE

Okay guys, I guess articles reporting on sampled data are infallible when they include data that most likely hasn't been vetted for nonsense. All data is infallible. No scrutiny needed. It's like they're incorrigible. It's like articles are word of God, oh my. I've sinned dearly. Probability forecasting has a 100% guarantee, and everything is made of chocolate.

It's like the only places I've ever been to are Sup Forums and "college"! Wow!

You guys have fun now.

A murder is a murder fuckass, there's not much room for messing up.

fuck me crime isn't even important except for the US which is full of stubborn cunts that won't just implement a gun control system

oil worries me more
climate change worries me more
plenty of other shit I cant be fucked typing..

>Okay guys, I guess articles reporting on sampled data are infallible when they include data that most likely hasn't been vetted for nonsense.
No one said that. You're turning into a preachy Facebook liberal, Sup Forumsro. Picking and choosing when statistics are convenient for your stance and discarding statistics which are inconvenient.
>All data is infallible. No scrutiny needed. It's like they're incorrigible.
Real talk--take a deep breath.
>It's like articles are word of God, oh my. I've sinned dearly. Probability forecasting has a 100% guarantee, and everything is made of chocolate.
Hyperbole and sensationalism. Those lend credence to your counterpoint.
>It's like the only places I've ever been to are Sup Forums and "college"! Wow!
Your words.
>You guys have fun now.
It's pretty fun watching you get assdamaged, I can say that.

But the article is talking about homicides, not murders. It even suggests that murders rates are dropping.

>"Criminologists said that while a rise in homicides in some cities in 2015 and early this year was potentially worrisome, it was far too early to draw any conclusions"

What's entertaining to me is you assume I'm on the side of "crime is out of control we're fucking fucked". I'm not.

I just want you to go educate yourself on historical data and trends derived from aforementioned data.

But neh. Somehow, despite thousands of man hours and millions of dollars of research being done, YOU know better than these large think tanks and public institutions.

Occupy Wallstreet much?

>the article is talking about homicides, not murders
>the article about rising murder rates is somehow about murder rates dropping

lets not talk about gun laws instead we'll talk about crime

And conservatives think that more guns will stave off gun crime.

I know it sounds ridiculous but Im being dead serious.

Go ahead and call me a cuck since thats what your type does.

        ▲
▲▲

If anything you liberals should be talking about public policy and poverty that are causing this problems rather than the ownership of guns. I hope you also realize that the funs in chicago aren't bought at a fun store.

>And conservatives think that more guns will stave off gun crime.
Considering all we've ever done is ban guns instead of making it mandatory to own a gun, I don't think you can rightly draw the conclusion that more guns = bad.

Well, you can, but I'll call you a cuck for it. Cuck.

>Go ahead and call me a cuck since thats what your type does.
I literally didn't read this until writing the above statement. Goddamn it feels good to nail-down random internet strangers.

Go safe-zone up a community college campus somewhere else. Maybe those gun-free zones will keep psychotic mother fuckers out. Lord KNOWS they obey laws.

oh no don't mind me I was just pointing out that instead of talking about gun laws the subject changes to crime

nigga you stupid af

i was about to go and shank all you kids with some facts and then i remebered. No one should give a toss because you stupid people are so stupid that you are blinded by the world and the facts forcefed to you to control you with fear and sadness.

the world is the way it's supposed to be :)

I'll safezone an area so the people with guns can walk in and kill us all

who the fuck thought of this?

So the kids in class laughed at your poetry and you brought it here. Neat.

honestly today I've been linked to pages saying murder/crime rising or murder/crime rates going down I would be surprised if anyone in america knows what the fuck is going on

>who the fuck thought of this?
Literally liberals.
A gun-free zone is a literal advertisement of "IF YOU COME IN HERE WITH A GUN, IT'LL BE A TURKEY SHOOT".

Meanwhile, how many mass murders take place at gun shows, gun ranges, target ranges, NRA conventions, etc?

it is illegal to carry a gun (even with a concealed carry permit) in a bar in Florida. Says the republican governor and state senate. Yeah, blame the liberals...

its weird. Australia was like yeah fair enough some people died we'll give up our guns, now we have gun control that actually works. I'd like to think if the majority of people would do this in america it would work the same but I just know it wouldn't

Well, assuming that my deliberate hyperbole and sensationalism would result in wrongfully concluding that my point lost any credence whatsoever. Argument from fallacy... I'm wrong because I'm being a little shit, I guess, and anything I said earlier loses credence irregardless of whether they were my original thoughts or not. My words? Taken literally? Woah. I'm a liberal on the Facebook.

I'm educated on historical data and trends, derived from aforementioned data and other sets of data, likewise. I'm not sure why it appears that I know better than these large think tanks, rather than it appearing that I know that these large think tanks constantly pump out reports and graphs that constantly get abused, misappropriated, and confabulated by the by.

It doesn't seem very sound to me to just assume, wholly, that violent crime is on a undeniable, inevitable, scary rise because of the tone in a single article (which even flip-flops each body paragraph). It might be happening more frequently; we won't know if was ever a sharp increase of homicide or violent crimes that resulted in a -trend- of homicides or violent crimes over the years like that of years past.

>What's that? Pregnant women can eat certain amounts of certain chocolate and be perfectly fine with respect to the effects of the chocolate on their bodies, etc?
>I guess that means all chocolate is good for babies! Eat more chocolate!

>"Homicides can be divided into many overlapping types, including murder, manslaughter... euthanasia, and execution, depending on the circumstances of the death."
Legally speaking it could even go under death by armed forces, or "justifiable homicide". It encompasses the act of a human being/s killing another human being/s, but murder doesn't define all homicides.

>it is illegal to carry a gun (even with a concealed carry permit) in a bar in Florida. Says the republican governor and state senate. Yeah, blame the liberals...
Good thing criminals and insane individuals obey laws. Right?
We have nothing to worry about since people that commit rape, arson, murder, torture, assault and theft obey laws.

Homicide and murder literally mean the exact same thing. It's an unlawful killing of another person.

>Australia was like yeah fair enough some people died we'll give up our guns, now we have gun control that actually works.
Been to Australia. Just got back from Auckland but was outside Sydney before that. I know where to get a .45 rifle in an hour.
Why doesn't Australia have mass murders? Probably because you aren't a multicultural clusterfuck like America is. People assume all cultures and peoples WANT to get along...but what if they don't?

>My words? Taken literally? Woah. I'm a liberal on the Facebook.
So you say things with the intent of not being taken seriously?
I need you to flowchart that logic with me.

>I'm educated on historical data and trends,
I truly do not think you are. I think you know the concept by definition but not by application and practice.

>I'm not sure why it appears that I know better than these large think tanks
Probably because you say trust no one, implying you somehow know better than everyone.

>It encompasses the act of a human being/s killing another human being/s, but murder doesn't define all homicides.
So you're falling back to semantics to make a point? A debate on semantics is like a writer using a dream sequence.

Consider the following : What if we don't track every murder and homocide that occured, much in the same way police don't release data on the number of criminals that evade or escape arrest?

Wouldn't that potentially skew the figures..?

I think you are missing the point - the innocents who were shot could not carry guns to the bar (good idea mix drink and guns and a bar fight, yeah) So you cannot blame liberals for creating a gun free space - it was right wing republicans who passed the law. And for good reason. (guns plus alcohol and a gun fight) Sadly they have not gone far enough to see that the same argument applies nationwide - guns plus alcohol, rage, stupidity, religious nuttery + gunfight. Look at all the civilised countries of the world, look at the statistics - we don't have mass shootings, or even murders, suicides kids killing parents and friends by accident, deaths by the thousands every year. Because we don't give easy access to murder machines. Yes it would be tough to get all the guns off the street - but put in a life sentence mandatory for anyone carrying a gun to a crime and it would quickly have a chilling effect. it can be done

>"Although the term homicide is sometimes used synonymously with murder, homicide is broader in scope than murder. Murder is a form of criminal homicide; other forms of homicide might not constitute criminal acts."
>"Although the term homicide is sometimes used synonymously with murder"
>"Murder is a form of criminal homicide"

Yeah, it's an unlawful killing of another person by another person.
>It encompasses the act of a human being/s killing another human being/s
The article is specifically focusing on more than just the textbook act of murder. There are things in there that even suggest that textbook murders are falling.

>So you say things with the intent of not being taken seriously?
Sarcasm. Taken literally, because it's all text. It's Sup Forums. The most common response is "fuck off faggot".

>I truly do not think you are
Okay.

>Probably because you say trust no one
I don't say that at all.

>Wouldn't that potentially skew the figures
Yes.

The problem isn't gun laws it's the fucking niggers and muslims. Europe is getting sand nigger'd and eventually going to become an islamic state with how many rape babies will come out of there.

In america niggers make up 13% of the population but are the cause of 52% of homicides.

its not the guns its the minorities.

>So you cannot blame liberals for creating a gun free space - it was right wing republicans who passed the law.
So they had no influence from rising ultra-liberal sentiment in western society...?
Really?

>Because we don't give easy access to murder machines.
Disagree again. I do work all over the work (Industrial Systems Integrator). I've been in almost every member of the EU, Russia (less so now thanks to Obama), Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Brazil etc etc....you can get guns and drugs within 8 hours of asking the right people.

What these countries don't have, except for Europe whom has been an objected and rights-denied people for 1500 years? Multicultural collisions. And Europe is already on course for that. I guess 2.5 million refugees in Germany is enough for even Merkel...

My hypothesis is ultra-tolerance and acceptance hinges on all peoples wanting to come together and create an incredibly non-diverse generic race and culture.
Alot of people do not want that.
Islam, for one.
Anyone with an identity they value for any reason, to name another.

That's my hypothesis anyway.

>Sarcasm. Taken literally, because it's all text. It's Sup Forums. The most common response is "fuck off faggot".
You should petition Gook-Moot for that sarcasm tag.

>I don't say that at all.
And yet you tell people to question every statistic released by a big-name think tank. Conflict..?

Well said. Nice to see a logical person every now and then.

>violent crime is on a dramatic rise. How many more times do I have to make this comment?
Don't bother.
It isn't true.
>believes FBI
>in an election year like this one
TopKek!

>are you even reading the posts that I make?

Wrong user.

>And yet you tell people to question every statistic
I only asked that people question whether they take a lone data set (a very large data set) provided by one big-name think tank as 100% true and valid, and whether they agree with the finer details that deal with how the data was collected, sorted, and potentially forecasted.

There's no conflict. I'm capable of trusting statistics or even sources, people or otherwise. What I'm not about to do, is forgo my ability to actually think about what it is I'm choosing to accept. I don't even disagree with -every- statistic released by any big-name think tank. They're a big-name think tank for a reason- the data can only be fallible if the people are fallible (and not all of it has to be fallible because the people are fallible). There have been countless examples of probability-hacking and exceptionally awful studies done in the last 30 years, even, and perhaps that's what shapes my bias. You can't expect all, if not any aspects of a study or the like to be perfectly correct, forever. Mistakes will be made, and there's a non-zero chance that it has to occur somewhere. Whether those mistakes can be ignored or improved upon later is up in the air.

only one minute?
goddamn OP I'm gonna need more time than that