This is literally the greatest LP ever made. It is the upper limit of patrician taste. Discuss

This is literally the greatest LP ever made. It is the upper limit of patrician taste. Discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1xKdKaAjw-o
youtube.com/watch?v=VHqR2ZIdt14
youtube.com/watch?v=DaE5RmHQGs8
youtube.com/watch?v=iB1P9lHRC50
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Help me like this album.

I just couldn't get it.

lol

Do what I did, start with Why You Never Became A Dancer and listen to it a hundred times. When your ears start bleeding, you can go on to other tracks

poor man's jazz

>It's patrician cause it's bad.

Fuck off.

Not even Whitehouse's best. Hint: No album with more than two members is the best Whitehouse album.
>help me force myself into accepting this
Why don't you just fuck off and listen to stuff you actually enjoy instead? You are not OBLIGED to like every album that gets even the slightest praise here.

hahahahahahahaha

okay wigger

That sounds nice, thank you brother. Any other albums of theirs I should check out?

Most of my favourite albums I didn't like at first. Stuff that rewards you after a single listen is not the be-all and end-all of music.

>it's bad
You take that back or you are not invited to my birthday
It has some of Whitehouse's greatest songs. Wriggle Like An Eel has the most anger the medium of music can ever transfer
Why You Never Became A Dancer is probably the most catchy song Bennett has ever done, excluding Black Mamba
Philosophy is just earsex

I'd say Great White Death. I really love the subbass work they have done on it. I like Thank Your Lucky Stars and I like New Britain for Roman Strength

I think you should also check out Crowd Pleaser by Philip Best

Fuck, I have a really hard time determining which one is their "best". I've been really re-appreciating Twice Is Not Enough / Never Forget Death recently.

There's a difference between that and actively asking people for advice on how to force yourself to like something that's clearly not enticing enough for you.
But I suppose what you should do is start with old school Industrial (Throbbing Gristle 1975-1980, Cabaret Voltaire 1974-1981, SPK, 81-82, etc) and see whether you can take the ever increasing aggression. If you can, then you should ignore the album in OP and this shitpost and start with their debut (Birthdeath Experience) and work from there. Their music goes from quite noisy but not unbearable, to a wonderful period of extreme dynamism in which elongated silences are punctuated by almost unbearable peaks of high and low frequencies.

Then, I guess, you can mess around with Sotos-era Whitehouse, otherwise known as "When Whitehouse started sucking dick"

>Wriggle Like An Eel has the most anger the medium of music can ever transfer
Come on son

youtube.com/watch?v=1xKdKaAjw-o

Hey, listen. I hated Bird Seed when I first listened to it. Since then, it is easily the album I have listened to the most in my entire life. It took a few listens to really get pleasure out of it, and in the end I am so grateful I went with it.

not even the most angry song in PE
youtube.com/watch?v=VHqR2ZIdt14
youtube.com/watch?v=DaE5RmHQGs8

Reread the post you just quoted.
>There's a difference, etc

>There's a difference between that and actively asking people for advice on how to force yourself to like something that's clearly not enticing enough for you.
But that's not what I asked.

>But I suppose what you should do is start with old school Industrial (Throbbing Gristle 1975-1980, Cabaret Voltaire 1974-1981, SPK, 81-82, etc
Thank you. I'm already a big fan of TB and SPK. I will listen to Whitehouse's earlier stuff.

>tfw someone prefers WH to SJ

You may be right, I never really listened much to Brethren but I will. Thank you for unintentionally helping me out user

I hope white supremacy doesn't make you uncomfortable

I agree. Except for the track bird seed itself. That's just gratuitous. I can see how someone might claim that it's 'art' or something like that but it doesn't do it for me like the rest of the album does

I don't agree with it, but it doesn't bother me in the slightest. I actually like it. It gives an edge and a purpose

Why can't all people be like William Bennett

I couldn't agree more. It is really pushing it on the terms of art, and the idea is interesting, but I erased the file on my phone so I don't listen to it while the tracks change

What's the problem, chum

The problem is pretty clear!

Whitehouse is clearly superior and William Bennett has the biggest dick in human history
Don't listen to those japanese fucks

>Don't listen to those japanese fucks
Sweet fancy moses, never post again

I didn't mean it. I love you. Come back

Btw, as a SJ guy, what's your favorite Whitehouse album?

I love you too son.

Probably Peter Kurten, but Halogen always has a warm place in my heart because I love that goddamn ever-present gurgling synth, plus Lightning Struck My Dick is hilarious. Also mentioned it before but I keep going back to the Twice Is Not Enough / Never Forget Death comp.

And what do you think of Philip Best?

I actually like his vocal version of Just Like A Cunt better than Bennett's, but I haven't listened to a Consumer Electronics album past Crowd Pleaser.

CAN I SUGGEST YOU

>but I haven't listened to a Consumer Electronics album past Crowd Pleaser.
Me neither to be honest, but I like it thus far
I follow both of them on twitter and they keep deleting my comments
Huh, maybe musicians don't like to be called "god"
GET FUCKED

*instagram
I don't use twitter

it really annoys me when Sup Forums mongs latch onto music that i like and taint it
i'm not even that big on whitehouse, but it's still unfortunate to see sub-moronic memers on this board latch onto and taint them in this manner

you in particular need to go back to my bloody valentine and swans as soon as possible

>Huh, maybe musicians don't like to be called "god"
Yeah, that's usually counterproductive.

and you should just kys

>you in particular need to go back to my bloody valentine and swans as soon as possible
Boo hoo, babycakes.

Hey, don't call me a memer.
And I am pretty sure I appreciate Whitehouse more than you do, so I don't get why you are mad

Rude

suck it, slut

i'm not mad, i just think subhumans like you should stay in your own lane

it's purely an issue of not muddying the waters you see, the mad/not mad question doesn't even really play into it
i mean let's face it, this board does have a serious penchant for turning everything it touches into shit, into a joke

Son, you're not qualified to be posting here. I've touched Best's sweat-soaked belly.

>"Yeah, I got a good idea. I'll come to the thread and shit on it and start calling people subhuman"
Why are you crusading

itt: power electronic kids trying to be edgy and angry at nothing

reminder that william bennett has no dick

>I've touched Best's sweat-soaked belly.
Holy shit that is an honor

All noise threads immediately degenerate into loud-mouthed pretenders insisting that other posters are not allowed to listen to noise and power electronics.

Listen, we listen to noise. It's too easy to throw around the word "edgy". It doesn't even mean anything anymore

I do not believe I have done that, my friend. I try to be as constructive and friendly as possible and encourage anyone to listen to noise and power electronics

dude, i've met like 5 different people who were members of whitehouse at one time or another, including best
you are smalltime

boring post

Sup Forums has noise threads now? fucking hell, it just keeps getting worse
those "pretenders" sound like pretty good lads though, mans gotta keep the peasantry away from the goods

>Sup Forums has noise threads now? fucking hell, it just keeps getting worse
Yeah, you're obviously pretty goddamn clueless. Please keep posting so we can all see how apparent it is.

List those 5 people; I am not judging I actually want to know

forgive me for not keeping up with this pissoir of a board on a daily basis kek

met bennett, best and tomkins at various gigs of their bands
met sotos at a reading he did in dom prurient's record store once
met stefan jaworzyn couple years back

please know that I will probably never get the chance the meet them, and I will always be jealous of you. it is truly something I'd die for

what was sotos like? was he as insane as I think he is

meeting noise people isn't that big of a deal, even most of the "famous" ones tend to be approachable and friendly enough as long as you don't pester them at the wrong time/place or aren't being an obnoxious/nosey fanboy

and to be perfectly honest, of all those WH-related dudes that i met only tomkins(who was funny as fuck) and sotos left a longer-lasting impression

sotos wasnt insane at all, he was actually quite affable

>Thank you. I'm already a big fan of TB and SPK. I will listen to Whitehouse's earlier stuff.
Not that guy but just keep in mind their earliest albums have aged pretty terribly, you can still see what the band was going for but they are nowhere near the quality of an SPK or TB.

damn bro... u must have really good music taste and be really cool

not even close

youtube.com/watch?v=iB1P9lHRC50

babby's first powerhouse; the album

I'd probably be an obnoxious fanboy because of my autism. Poor guys wouldn't even know what to say to my sorry self, but that's not your problem to deal with so I'll cut it short.

Thank you for your insight, man.

powerelectronics

It's not "powerhouse"
try again

>powerhouse

>loud-mouthed pretenders insisting that other posters are not allowed to listen to noise and power electronics.

Nothing wrong with that.
This board's attempts at discussing these genres(as well as most other "difficult" and left-field music genres) have consistently been nothing short of embarrassing, as is to be expected when you combine music genres which demand a large amount of personal involvement and individual, self-sufficient research with an image board whose culture revolves entirely around surface-level dilettantism and spoonfeeding.

That guy's comment about "sticking with My Bloody Valentine and Swans" might have a bit of an elitist ring to it, but it is an entirely correct assessment of the average Sup Forumstant's capabilities.

>but it is an entirely correct assessment of the average Sup Forumstant's capabilities.
We are in a PE thread. I think most of us are qualified to post about it, and the "average Sup Forumstant" is weeded off here

pretty sure he's referring to hanatarash 3
why are you even trying to defend noise when you know nothing about it

whitehouse makes me laugh

>powerhouse
this needs to be a thing

while I love a lot of dom's stuff, i wouldn't say it's the most visceral out there. the best angry shit comes out of live performance, unfortunately a lot of live PE/noise stuff is put out in subpar quality

yeah
the best noise out there is when it's pure fun and absurdity opposed to trying to be pretentious about it

Nobody on this board knows anything about PE(or, again, really about any "experimental" music) besides a handful of Sup Forums and RYM meme artists.

If you think Whitehouse is about "pure fun and absurdity" you're pretty fucking daft.

>Nobody on this board knows anything about PE

sure they do
whitehouse, SJ, ramleh, prurient, grunt, i could go on...

dumb idiot

Literally babby's first. This board is so fucking embarrassing.

In high school I played Philosophy outloud in class.

cringeworthy
and then you tards wonder why people don't want you anywhere near the music that they like

Okay.

Bad thread full of bad posters.
This board should only be allowed to post about memerap and indie rock.

Well aren't you something.

>but Halogen always has a warm place in my heart because I love that goddamn ever-present gurgling synth, plus Lightning Struck My Dick is hilarious.
Also my fav WH release. Something so comfy about it.