I still don't know Sup Forums

I still don't know Sup Forums
what's the best option for the uk?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rNJ05NfM-4Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You abandoned us UK

out of everyone I've asked I'm the only one voting stay.

I'm still a bit undecided.

it's the other way with me, everyone I know wants in

I'm not a fan of the EU but still don't know

Why? Was uk ever in europe? No euro no km/h no driving on the right side, no kg, no cm, not a fucking thing was ever european for this motherfucking shitty whiny bitch country, fuck you uk,
Sinncerly, rest of the world and normal People

k

We use kg/cm most of the time, most measurements just come in both imperial and metric. Only road signs are still in imperial.

Either way, stay in. People seem to think if leave, that out of nowhere money will spawn and all our problems will be solved. Then when you ask them who our main trading partners are, they conveniently just omit the part of economics where we trade mostly with other EU countries

well there is an argument for both sides its just pretty uncertain

Stay is the way bro, you only need to look at the markets in preperation of us leaving to see how monumentally butt fucked the economy will be if we leave. I'm not saying we couldn't pull it back but it would slow us down even more than we already are. Everyone's complaining about the imigrants from the middle east and india and shit, but none of those places are in fucking europe. The whole push to leave is by the same morons who think flying flags and singing a stupid song makes a country great.

>live in Australia
>could still vote in UK
>voted to stay in

It just makes sense (if you ignore the immigration "issues" they're having at the moment

but isn't there the asylum issue?

Pretty sure people seeking asylum could still do it whether or not UK is in or out.

I just hate being bound by all the EU laws

Pretty much, being in the EU wont make a difference to asylum. Part of being a western 1st world country is wanting to be progressive, and there is no way that the government will shoot itself in the foot in the global comunity by addopting a far right asylum policy. Part of being in a more globalized world is imigration, asylum and all that goes with it. People may not like it, but that's the way it is and will be going into the future.

What EU laws do you particuarly object to?

it's more the system itself.
The EU legal system is built on the basis of the French system which they tack onto ours, ours however due to our style of government just doesn't fit with it which causes problems all the time, like really small matters having to go all the way to EU court and costing hundreds of thousands.
But they just expect us to deal with the incompatibility

Tbf tho our legal system is pretty fucked in it's own way. Talk about unelected EU mps, we got house of lords who are entirely unelected. It's all bullshit and needs reform, but nobody actually cares enough beyond throwing out a vote once every 5 years to actaully do anything

That may be so, but it also gives people somewhere to go if all the uk courts fail them. It's not a perfect system, I grant you, but when you look at the alternatives and what we stand to lose, a bit of added beaucracy on an already bloated system hardly seems worth worrying about

Right. If it came down to deciding on human rights and the guys in charge of making the decision were the EU or the house of lords, sign me up for the eu 10 times out of 10. Can't trust these posh british types to do anything that would actually help common folk

so we should let other countries govern for us?

Out.

We're paying for two full governments, hundreds of MPs and MEPs. We will never be fully in Europe's superstate when it's formed thanks to Cameron's action last year, which means we'll never benefit fully from what Europe could be.

The efficient choice is therefore to vote out.

you do realise how much eu court costs right?
not to mention relocating there for the duration and therefore not working?
yeah I'm sure it really helps the poor and defenceless

efficient

suuuuure.....

Stay.

Leave will result in economic disaster - sterling will collapse at least short term.
EU is the largest economic trading block globally. Its entire financial heart will be moved from london, where its part of the LSE, to Frankfurt. So far more than 70 billion in capital has been pulled from the UK economy by investors in europe simply in case the result is a leave vote.
We are the #5 importer of food in the world, our farmers are supported by more than £3 billion of subsidies and aid from farming. Leave, and food prices will go ballistic.

Over 44% of our national trade is with europe, which will all be taxes as coming from outside the EU. the result will be catastrophic for any business that trades with europe.

We will lose the representation of the European Court on human rights, as well as other safety factors that are preventing the Tories fucking us over - do not forget, the EU is investigating the Tories' benefits policies against the disabled as systematic violations of Human Rights.

Voting "leave" will leave us utterly fucked. It will also almost certainly result in a 2nd scottish referendum with a landslide "yes" vote to independence, as scotland is very pro-EU (unsurprisingly given the billions in regional development funding that they, and Wales, get.)

>Europe's superstate

> which will all be taxes as coming
which will all be taxed as coming

sorry, typo there.

Granted, it ain't cheap and nobody is saying it's a perfect system but it has worked for people, and overturned some big rulings when it comes to human rights, like when they tried to criminalise homosexuality in NI

why Scottish referendum?
They wouldn't have membership if they became independent and would in all probability fail as a country, if anything they'd stay with us.

they can kick up a fuss and maybe try and fine us but the UK government isn't actually bound by the human rights act

That's true, but as I said before there is no way the government would go against it if it was a matter of human rights. It's too important to they to appear progressive and shit

>why Scottish referendum?
>They wouldn't have membership if they became independent

Correct. but they wouldnt have it either, as part of a non-EU UK. And as a indipendant nation, they could then apply for EU status, and potentially, get fast-tracked back into the EU, as a member state which was (because the voting there is overwhelmingly "stay") pro-eu and forced out by the larger english demographic.

Scotland is part of the UK, in Europe. They really do not want to be part of the UK, without the EU.

no WTO membership
no NATO membership
no EU membership for likely 3 years
Neighbouring country will hate them
I wish them all the best

>no WTO membership
No different to Catalunya if it gains independence, or Serbia/Croatia/Moldova/Kosovo after their independence - There's nothing to prevent it in the long term. And remember leaving the EU as part of the UK is permanent.

>no NATO membership
Most of scotland is anti-nuclear. That wasnt really a big sticking point at the previous referendum for them.

>no EU membership for likely 3 years
Not ideal. but then no EU membership forever, if they stay may be a bigger sticking point.

>Neighbouring country will hate them
No change from today, if you think the english love the scots, you're deluded.

(incidentally, I say this as a "no" voting scot who does not want to leave the UK. But I can see which way the wind is blowing, and if we do leave, I know that there will be a landslide shift to a "yes" vote in any subsequent referendum. The Scots as a whole realise that the short-term impact of leaving the UK is better than the long-term loss of links to the larger European Union.)

youtube.com/watch?v=rNJ05NfM-4Y

Take what you want from it.