Intel or amd?

Intel or amd?

AMD nigga

I hate that we only have 2 options, but I hate AMD more, so Intel winrar

Intel

AMD
I don't like having to change my board every time I get a new CPU.

Intel. I've never crashed an Intel chip. But I go through AMD chips faster than miss Vickie's

AMD because they gave us x86-64

Intel all the way.

Pick an AMD and Intel CPU with roughly similar specs and I guarantee the Intel will seem faster. I've build similar computers and witnessed his again and again, now I only go with Intel.

Also, if you buy an i7 and don't do video rendering, or upgrade your CPU more often than every 3 years, you're drinking the koolaid.

I got an i7 4770 with my computer and plan on upgrading it eventually, it's 2 years old now

Also, I don't care if I have to buy a new board, the only that came with my computer somehow doesn't exist except in pre built computers. Thanks, ASUS. Fucking faggots gave me an i7 4770 with a 760... I was out of the loop for like 10+ years before I bought this and I've since upgraded to a 970

I love how everyone feels they have an answer ready without even asking what it's going to be used for...

Son u silly.

Im still running a sandy bridge and it's still holding strong.

Besides, the l
atest Intel processors are garbage compared to their older ones.

Because it doesn't matter. AMD tries to be for gaming, but Intel excels in video editing and gaming.

AMD because Intel domination.

Ok, so what if op is building a high concurrency container server?

And no, I don't expect that he is, and I'm not sure off hand what the better choice would be. The point is, nobody bother to ask so everyone is just basing their answers of speculation what OP wants to use it for.

For all you know he's interested in which is better for shoving up his ass.

Then don't upgrade every year. I have an i5 750 that was installed 6 years ago. The first game that I even need to overclock for was Fallout 4. This chip will last me another year maybe 2 before it has to be replaced out right.

This is how much I know about servers:

This is how much I'm interested in knowing about servers:

Also, didn't Intel just release a 22 core CPU for servers?

yeah the V4 2699 crazy shit

INTEL. amd is for poorfags

Intel all the way

Yep, that's the one. Holy shit though, the power

This is mine>

I'm not sure about computers, but I put this in my computer and it went much faster.

AMD GPU, Intel CPU
Yes I know Intel doesnt make GPUs, I just prefer AMD GPUs to nvidia

intel much better processor

So I've never heard of your CPU and I decided to look it up and compare it to mine
WHAT THE FUCK INTEL

I have a dual socket motherboards i have 2 of them 12 core 24 hyperthreaded

What are you running with this much fucking power? Several gaming servers from one box?

depends on the usage, and your wallet

Microsoft Word

intel

Intel has the best performance CPUs overall, but AMD is a nice cheap option. Same thing with the Nvidia vs AMD. AMD will be a cheaper alternative since not everyone can afford the best. I'm running an Intel i7 6700(non-k) with a GTX970 and it's a monster. Just go for an i5 6600k and bam you're set for at least 4 years.

Usage: A couple of hours everyday
My wallet: £1,000 - £1,500

>not maxing ram slots
fucking dino, get a newer one.
more specs?
storage controller?
bet it doesnt do anything significant. just burning a hole in your electricity bill

doe dan posten...

im not talking hours.

What will this machine be doing? rendering? idling? storage? what..

Hij zuipt niet veel hoor gebruik veel virtual machines voor me werk

esx?

Intel. Better quality imo.

Gaming

same machines that print them ;)

Bijna gewoon vmware
hier en daar beetje gamen op me cracky gt 630

> Intel Xeon
> Zuipt niet veel
wut

100/150 watt met een tv scherm erbij

Intel because I'm not a poorfag.

Atmel. ARM rules !

AMD 8320E
overclocked to 5.1 GHz
running watercooled motherboard

Intel CPU, AMD GPU.
In cpu market amd is beat hands down. Even upcoming zens are likely all under intel already.

But GPU is fair game for both. Just one makes cheaper but hotter, louder and enerhy inefficient gpus

lapped cooler and CPU with Liquid Pro

I was running a q6600 until the beginning of this year. I didnt have money to upgrade and started out with an old alienware i refurbished. The cpu overclocked to 3 ghz and held strong. Intel all the way.

Not under full load I assume? That'd leave about 30 watts for the screen (And the rest of the system)

so, u want max memory speed, high data passthrough, and GPU performance

Z99, DDR4 2100+, SSD, dual budget card SLI/crossfire (you will up these cards sooner than the rest of your system

do u need screens, etc?

diddt see my cpu going to full load yet expect for benchmarks. Im in a good situations for my hardware

my nigga

had to correct some stuff
(green = real value)

AMD needs too much power, Intel is just more efficient

Yes

for what do you need max memory speed while gaming? this give you like 0.01% better performance.

Many builds with AMD, never a problem. I consider Intel to be the Apple of processors

And still probably runs things worse than an i-3.

>Poorfag detected

and AMD the MSDos?

>Apple faggot?
Why waste money on bullshit?

This.

No optical drive master race

tiny tiny kek for some reason

I'm using a PC. I feel triggered by how you compared Intel to Apple.

Intel is the best, but for a budget there is nothing wrong at all with AMD. It's kind of like Ferrari versus Porsche. Nothing wrong at all with AMD- like I said just a budget issue. Intel owns all the cool patents so textures on games will look just very so slightly more cooler- but not like a big deal at all.

Confusing hardware and operating system? What's wrong with you, user?

> amd is better then radeon

amd for me

>Bait

Go shoot up a nightclub then.

you mean company, faggot

>Poorfag

than*

Why didnt you go for the 6700k?

Intel makes some really nice products.

As per whom I prefer, I've generally had a more consistent and easier experience with Intel.

AMD gets the job done, but from stability issues to power draw... I don't know, I'm always having issues with something. My old FX-4100 wouldn't even run consistently at it's clocks while under load which resulted in a lot of crashes while doing simple tasks such as browsing the web... and that was without an OC.

what program is that?

MS doesn't make hardware, douche. And, you've either missed the point or are trolling hard.

Leuke setup joh

Cam.
Neat software if you got a NZXT Kraken water cooler.

I don't play single-threaded MMOs

Holding out for Zen to be amazing

AMD

>MS doesn't make hardware

Nah, it probably runs as good as a mid level i5.
But at 3 times the power consumption and heat output.

The whole Bulldozer infrastructure was a fuck up on AMDs part.

Amd vs Intel. I think the last 8 year has been absolutely been shit. In gaming any thing with 4 cores runs 2.4ghz+ was been capable to run all games. Only "high end" theses days is only for faster 3d rendering, video rendering and streaming.

I have a 3770k from Intel. I don't think I'll be upgrading in a long time. I had problems with my old amd processor with bandwidth with my ssd.

Water cooled motherboard?
Is that how you get the motherboard to stop smoking?

I didn't think this was normal...

Used to have amd fx 9590 in a full waterloop running pretty cold. after a month it burnt itself up somehow and havent used amd chips ever since.

Surface?

I was holding out for bulldozer. It came out I bought a i7 a week later

1289 proxers inside 200 sandboxs

i've got a 6500, it aint no 6600k or 6700 but i does the job just fine and i like it so far, have never run into problems