Just listened to the entire King Crimson discography, now everything else seems so weak and stripped back in comparison

Just listened to the entire King Crimson discography, now everything else seems so weak and stripped back in comparison

Is Progressive Rock the peak of Rock music?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hlWrL5FECYc
youtube.com/watch?v=kzDCfnBhinw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

List top 5 favourite songs please.

Depends what you're in the mood for.

>Is Progressive Rock the peak of Rock music?
Kind of. There's an awful lot of absolute shit in the genre, though - the better bands like King Crimson and Van der Graaf Generator aren't exactly representative (in fact, I'd argue their influence is felt more in post-punk and related genres than anywhere else). I can't say it's the peak because it developed a specific sound after a few years and stopped really being progressive outside of a few niche scenes like RIO.

1) Starless
2) Lark Tounges in Aspic Pt. 1 & 2
3) In The Court of the Crimson King
4) Fallen Angel
5) Islands

I love all the other albums and songs so much but those just stand out to me personally

Well, even thought it's not my favority genre, I'm going to say: yes

But can Rock music become more masterfully created, pieced together and performed like King Crimson tracks were?

I don't know, or really care about talking about music in those terms. But I will say I saw King Crimson in person a couple of months ago and it was definitely one of the best musical performances I've witnessed.

Islands was good but I was hoping for more obscure songs or latter in their discography.

The Sheltering Sky is underrated. Also their latest album was fucking shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=hlWrL5FECYc
yeah progeshit is pretty great, still dont act elitist about it otherwise we all look bad

But it honestly feels like it's objectively and factually better than any other idea that bloomed into another aspect of rocks many sub genres

It just works, as does classical and Jazz

>Just listened to the entire King Crimson discography, now everything else seems so weak and stripped back in comparison
I felt the same way when I listened to Cardiacs.

Nah, and King Crimson stopped being progressive rock during Larks Tongues.

1. The Books - Take Time
2. Cardiacs - Fiery Gun Hand
3. Henry Cow - War
4. Yes - Close to the Edge
5. Tipographica - Laughing Photograph

>tfw a single musician from Gentle Giant could play more instruments than most bands can play all together

youtube.com/watch?v=kzDCfnBhinw

Good on him, doesn't prove anything really though my friend

rephrase it to
>Is King Crimson the peak of Rock music
and you have yourself a strong argument

They were certainly one of the peaks, but not THE peak.

war is a dank song, but i just cant into the cardiacs for some reason

mathrock was fucking shit

haha yea fuck this dumb trip faggot, you tell him anononon

So far, they are

You're wrong m8

bump

Is this a meme or something? I see so many posts here that consider larks tongues in aspic to be the best KC album, when I listened to it I found it pretty average in comparison to albums like Discipline, Red or even ITCOTCK

>or even ITKOTCK
Just because a lot of people like that album doesn't make it a bad album you know, it's honestly still my favourite

I chose the image because I like the cover art the best out of all the King Crimson albums desu my dude