/daily/ - Memepocalypse Edition

It's the end of the world as we know it.

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time. We also do real-time political commentary apparently.

neverendingchartrendering.org/
>Good chart maker

topsters.net/
>Broken chart maker, laugh at it

plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel
>music memes

dailymu-sic.weebly.com/
>Charts and shit

discord.gg/s5Rv7zJ
>words and memes

The Skype group, like Hillary Clinton's presidency, does not exist.

And remember, you can't control chaos!

Previously, on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/us-news/live/2016/nov/08/us-election-2016-polls-trump-clinton-live
youtu.be/oDwnQ3hRjME
youtube.com/watch?v=3dxvCAvIUW0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austrian_presidential_election,_2016
youtu.be/UziyzXf2QP4
youtube.com/watch?v=GLa9YxV1Xps
youtube.com/watch?v=_5uZl-qTIqc
youtube.com/watch?v=QcyTGeW37WI
youtube.com/watch?v=kKlggVKUPDk
youtube.com/watch?v=6qH-GmSfeBk
youtube.com/watch?v=8f6tU9rsqP0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for embryo tripfags

Suck a nigger's dick, liberal scum.

Keep crying bigly tears. Trump won, Hillary can rot in prison.

BUILD A WALL

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

TRUMP 2016

Update: If you wanna hear gamelan just listen to Golden Rain. DKC2 OST is fantastic. Everything is mediocre.

What to hear next?

The meme horse

Also doing this next. I've only heard Elseq and nothing else iirc but one of the Jimmy Jazz albums is wrong but I don't feel like changing it.

What first?

will do

Brainbombs

Havent heard any of these except one or two off of matmos
DO MATMOS !!!

he fucking won?

I just found in the previous thread that Animal Collective endorsed Clinton at the last moment.

Anyone has more names of Sup Forumscore artists who have endorsed her ?

Besides those

This me btw

fug :DDDDDDD

guess i should eat burger XDDDDD

Aussie here. Can someone American pls explain to me how your batshit voting system works. this is how i understand it atm.

>everyone votes
>who ever wins the most electorates in a state gets every vote in that state

Doesn't this mean that you could win more states with a lower population and win the election with less votes then the opposing candidate?

Yes.

In 2000 Al Gore won the popular vote (more people voted for him) but Bush still won due to the Electoral College.

Yes, that happened a few years back with Al Gore, he had more votes, but lost because of the fucked up voting system

>>who ever wins the most electorates in a state gets every vote in that state
In short, it depends on the state. I live in Maine and we split them. Trump got a electorate as a result of this. It's so relative to certain states so they need time to calculate it.

what the fuck

mama mia

:o

You vote for someone in your district. The person with the most votes in your district wins your district. Some districts are worth more than others, based on population (i.e. cities with a trillion people are worth more than ton of farmland). Through some trickery, however, you can manipulate the way districts are drawn to improperly represent the demographics and skew the votes in favor of someone.

When a candidate gets enough representation in the state, some people are gathered in the electoral college to represent their state's interests based on the votes. However, they are not necessarily obligated to vote the way their state did. This is how Al Gore was screwed out of a Presidency over a decade ago.

We actually used to decide by popular vote but changed to the electoral system because it better worked to represent the interests of America back when every state was extremely different. Now it's outdated and broken.

Okay where does Google get this information from? Every source I find says Trump is in lead but has not won yet

Yes. I'm fleeing this country soon. I wish I was being hyperbolic.

Hillary Clinton literally got in a plane and flew away. Podesta took the stage and told everyone to go home.

No, he has won. They just said on the news that Clinton called him and conceded. It is over. Clinton's campaign has confirmed this.

Any source on the internet?

Literally just google american election result you daft mug. There are live updates of the results.

theguardian.com/us-news/live/2016/nov/08/us-election-2016-polls-trump-clinton-live

Thanks fish

Oh America. I'm so, so sorry. That sounds so fundamentally broken that i can't believe it wasn't changed after Al Gore.

You're not fleeing anywhere you leftist pussy.

You need white western civilization, you ain't going to leave white western civilization. Anyone who hates Trump wanted it to die. You worthless fucks.

Thanks.... I guess. It's over.

Thanks... I guess. It's over.

woops, captcha messed me up.

>You need white western civilization
Did I say I was moving to Africa? My mom is from Trondheim but moved here after she married my father. Norway here I come. I'd rather risk a Russian fucking me up the ass than an orange beast.

What now hampus

>tfw nobody will care about the second Austrian presidential election in a year happening in about a month between a fascist and a green party member after the first has been refuted by the right wing party

youtu.be/oDwnQ3hRjME

Get it while its hot

youtube.com/watch?v=3dxvCAvIUW0

wtf america :(

Germany most likely will, first one was already pretty big in the news

hope you don't vote in the fascist my friend

What do you mean?

Hope so too. I mean, the role of the Austrian president is not that important as he's mostly there to represent the state and doesn't actually have that much power, but it still doesn't feel right. Funny thing is the right wing party even wanted to abolish the post of president before the elections and now they might win it.

Post some news links my dude. German ones are fine if there aren't good English ones.

not a news link, but it explains everything pretty neutral
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Austrian_presidential_election,_2016

Gas - Oktember
A pleasant piece of ambient techno. Maybe not too outstanding, but I liked it anyway.

Maurizio - M4.5
Quite decent, but could do more variety. Probably his other stuff has more to offer idk

So it's neonazis versus treehuggers? What a time to be alive.

Daily reminder that die, now

HOLOVR - Lunar Lake
It's no Huerco, but it's aight. Kinda dull at times, the structure could be more laconic. The sound is fine though, maybe not the most catchy rhythms, but good enough for outsider house, I think.

Autechre - Exai
Pretty much indifferent to IDM and glitch usually, bc I tend to like repetitive rhythms. For some reason I can't bring myself to genuinely like Aphex Twin, even though I find his stuff p darn good, but it might be different with these guys. I'll make sure to listen to more of their stuff.

good thing Austria is irrelevant af

listen to Shinichi Atobe's Ship-Scope

ignore his recent albums though those are crap

this happened again, Clinton won the popular vote but she got demolished in the electoral college.

Ok thanks I will

Well that was a good meme, I think today will be free jazz day since its the only genre meme enough to match such a meme day

shhh shh it'll be ok now, just let it all go and follow the light

>That sounds so fundamentally broken that i can't believe it wasn't changed after Al Gore.
just wait till you hear about gerrymandering, superdelegates, voter registration, the lot. America's electoral system is fucked up on like 30 different levels.

>electoral system is fucked up
>US claims to be the flagman of democracy yet it is still has an archaic form of a presidential republic where some elected cuck decides everything
I'd say they have to do something about the form of government first

yeah for how obsessed they are with democratizing the world they sure don't fucking know how to actually organize a democracy

All the Fucking energy and work we've put into trying to shift this country towards better ideals is gonna go down the toilet
A Clinton presidency would've been pretty mediocre but at least we wouldn't have to fight tooth and nail on every progressive issue like we will now, not to mention somehow trying to counteract his new batshit policies

I'm so Fucking sad

cheer up, at least (hopefully) neo libs are now dying and actual leftists candidates will have a chance in the future.

It is a giant gamble, a lot is at stake and it can go either way. Hope for the best and enjoy the shitshow I say.

welp, I was wrong about the futures market. Holding out for the actual market descending, but maybe Trump's winning remarks will calm some fears.

Neo libs have been slowly dying but I'm much more concerned for the irreversible damage that's gonna be caused on energy reform and climate change prevention
Not to mention all the marginalized groups that are gonna get Fucked over even more so now

We were always gonna have to fight no matter who got elected, but now it's gonna be 50 times the uphill struggle

New prediction: Putin gets hasty and tries to test the new US commander-in-chief's response to something

All we can hope for now is some total issue reversal shit from trump in that regard

My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
Obviously a very important milestone and indie meme, shoegaze must listen etc. I thought all of it is quite amazing, yet more dissonant parts were especially to my liking ("Touched" is one of my favorites on this thing, even though it's a drop in the ocean basically). Male vocals were good and essential on the album, but I personally preferred female, I guess. Vocals in general sound fuzzy and very much in tone with the rest, probably I would like them to stand out more. Bass and guitar are amazing, they form a noise rock vibe I enjoy quite a lot and to me it couldn't have been better, I suppose.

Mayhem - Esoteric Warfare
I appreciate the classic black metal sound, but the thing is a little bit drab. However, I have a very limited perspective, being basically a black metal newbie and not being familiar with classic Mayhem stuff in general. I enjoyed it nonetheless, but of course there's room for more appreciation once I get familiar enough with the genre.

There's always impeachment

no, because Mike pence could potentially be much worse

Yep, the possibility of halting energy reform and climate change prevention is terrifying. We'll just see I guess, the DNC bought the ticket and we're the ones on the ride.

what said
read up on whats happening

BUT what if we kill Pence and somehow blame Trump for that and impeach him???

>vp and prez ded
>republican controlled senate chose pres
Jeb playing the long con i see

(I dont actually know if thats how it works but for the same of the meme I'll assume so)

JEB for prez 2017 instead of ded TRumpe & pennis OR Hellary taking super mega blast revenge and killing like 5 senate people (or just turning them to her side) bc it's 47 to 51 and she has a chance etc
WATCH livE in 2017 or smth!

uhh
gaah
i thought it'd be over in this thred

Every single day I go to bed and hope for my life to be over tomorrow, but somehow it never happens, so get used to things not being exactly what you want them to be.

forgot pic

:ok_hand:

Feels amazing to wake up and see smug liberals in a permanent state of disbelief. You had the win with Bernie but you instead bet it all on muh first woman president. She lost to a reality TV star. Hold this colossal L now and for eternity.

P.s. giving bear, you're a literal faggot and massive piece of shit; I can't wait to watch as Pence's conversion therapy turn your degenerate brain into mush.

new 10/10, guys

Rule 1 of daily: don't be mean to bear

wew

>implying pence will come anywhere near power as long as donald is alive
He's trump's insurance against assassination by leftists, you kill trump you get someone a thousand times worse. Bear will be ok.

What did I miss, why is angry user being mean to GB? GB is too friendly. Did user lose a GivingThread or something?

You've got it backwards. Trump talks the big talk but at the end of the day he's still someone with zero political experience. He's not "in the game", but you have to be in the game to get Congress to work with you. Who do you think is going to show him the ropes? Who's actually going to be in charge? It's Cheney/Bush but now the VP has a trillion times more power.

i think he's baiting but im too tired not to fall for it

He's in the closet and thinks Bear is cute.

>we're now living in a post-Trump America
post what you're listening to
youtu.be/UziyzXf2QP4

youtube.com/watch?v=GLa9YxV1Xps

Viper - Atomic Bombs and Mutually Assured Destruction Is Fuckin' Stupid

Funny, I was just listening to Atomic Bombs and Mutually Assured Destruction Is Fuckin' Stupid II

>Wake up
>Trump wins

Wonderful, Wonderful day
might go to the gym today
so what is some great happy-workout music?

Glory to our God Emperor

youtube.com/watch?v=_5uZl-qTIqc

both were enjoyable but obviously flawed records
kanzler's jap pop reached higher heights and rod's nightcore (?) lower lows so the winner is kanzo

robbie basho, autumn is finally completely present so i'm embracing that, i'm pretty middle of the road on this election, trump is strange but i don't think congress and foreign ambassadors will let this presidency be anything crazier than bush's

Flashcore is a good genre, how come I can't find much of it?

pic unrelated, just my now listening

because it's both v specialized, doesn't offer hooks and doesn't really have a recognizeable totem sound to identify it. even moreso than breakcore, that still uses the amen in some form

OutKast - Aquemini
Unexpectedly for me I actually really liked it. Gotta get more into this, might seek for hip-hop recs sometime soon.

Red Velvet - The Red
That was quite an interesting experience as well. A remarkable voice, music is fine too. I heard there's also f(x) band that's essential in the genre, will probably check it out too.

there is "flashcore" like xanopticon, which is breakcore minus the cheesy cacophony and samples, and there is flashcore which is experimental gabber from the mid 2000's

here's a copypaste of some tracks taken from EP's I deem essential

youtube.com/watch?v=QcyTGeW37WI
youtube.com/watch?v=kKlggVKUPDk
youtube.com/watch?v=6qH-GmSfeBk
youtube.com/watch?v=8f6tU9rsqP0

oh nice

how can you be a proper indiefag if you haven't heard Perfect From Now On

>hang out with transperson for the first time after she comes out
>learned to know her as a him
>a few "him" and "he" slips through in conversation
Music for this feel?

Duh

I know this feel too well, it gets better over time though
Know her for 10 years, but only a couple month since her coming out, wrong pronouns still occasionally slip, it's so awkward
>not TDB

@TUCO yo you need a rec, right? Any restrictions?

Definitely coming to Queens now, will let you know specifics soon

I'm feelin this meme

Mini ""review"" bump

>pic related
This was decent blues stuff, variable recording quality that really changes how impactful the music is. A little lengthy, and after a rocky start, the songwriting quality really notches up but gets a little bland by the end again.
>Probably 6/10? Maybe 7/10

Returned to the Blind Willie Nelson comp again recently though, and that's still great. Can't remember if I ever posted my Bon Iver review, so I may (re)post that soon.