Drug users thread

Drug users thread

Can we get a discussion on this? Let me explain. I'm 29 and have been taking opiates in the form of pills for approximately 7 yrs. Last year I quit. Not because I was having problems with drugs, but because I knew I was addicted and wanted to stop because everyone with an opinion on addiction says it's the worst thing in the world blah blah..

Well I've started to take on this mindset: if you can control your addiction without going crazy, addiction to a drug that makes you feel and act better as a human isn't all that bad.

Most would instantly say you're an idiot junkie whatever stfu you don't even know what you're saying. Well here I am a year down the road off of everything and my life is more shit than it was on drugs. I'm a nervous, anxious, asshole sober. I hate talking I hate hanging out I hate working. On drugs, primarily oxy etc., I like talking, hanging out, and don't mind work all that much.

Im 100% more productive any given day on drugs. I rarely take enough to get rly high. On a daily basis I will always just get buzzed enough to take the edge of life out of the picture. So I can focus on things that matter and keep my mind at ease and on the important tasks. Otherwise I'm a fucking lunatic that can't stop stressing every single goddamn thing (I'm up at 4:30am stressing about basically nothing sober)

So if you've read up to here you get the idea of what I'm saying. I belive fully the pros outweigh the cons with some forms of addiction. If you are one of the ones who can control it and not abuse to where you're passed out every day and are productive. I see no reason at all why having to take a pill every day, or hit a bowl, or sniff a line is a bad thing.

Prove me wrong. Please serious comments and thoughts?

tl;dr addictive drugs are worth the addiction if taken responsibly

Other urls found in this thread:

zamnesia.nl/blog-hoe-lichaamseigen-opiaten-stress-verminderen-n665
nature.com/mp/journal/v20/n2/full/mp2014185a.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Shameless self bump

who is this semen demon?

Not sure but she's a fcking pro drug user for sure. I bet she'd agree with my thinking.

Any comments to topic? Just an agree or disagree is cool

Fun fact I learned about heroin and opiates and oxys

The substance by itself is perfectly harmless to a body even long term. It's the lifestyle and poor choces made by some individuals that cannot control themselves that usually fuck their bodies up long term. These are the ones that give somewhat casual - moderate drug users a bad name and label these wonderful substances as bad

if you take away the financial blow that you take due to addiction and also the negative connotations that you'll constantly associated with, then i agree. if it makes you more of a functional human being than i don't see why not. it's your own body.

that all goes down the drain, of course, when you prioritise it over everything else

I'm a junkie myself. I ate pills (oxycontin, oxycocet, et cetra) for a few years, was clean for almost a decade.

Now I can't walk and am in severe physical pain, so opiods are a godsend for me.

Really, you are probably a much better person to be around when you are high. BUT - what are you like when you are dopesick? What length will you go to get a fix? That's where the problem with addictive drugs lies. If everyone had all they drugs they needed to function comfortably, it would be grand. But not everyone has the drugs they want or can afford them - and therein lies the problem.

I wish this is how everyone thought. If drugs weren't so expensive on the streets due to all the illegal activity and risk associated with transporting the drugs etc. People could buy these things cheap and the money thing wouldn't be a problem. It's the liberal, sort of, big brother needs to hold everyone's hand mentality that fucks Soooo many great things up.

Exactly user, it's your body, you should be able to do with it as you please. I fucking hate this planet.

Exactly. Very, very well said user. Like you say I'm shit when dopesick. Worse than sober. But my mentality is, if every other month or so I run dry a few days early before re-up, it's still better overall. Because the alternative would be me being 100% sober all the time and feeling like shit about life every day basically. I'd take those few shitty days to the latter any day of the week.

Its the ones that will go to crazy lengths to get a fix and be irresponsible that gives us a bad name.

It's your choice to be on pills all the time man. But just be aware that you're the boss of your life and that if anything go wrong (and it will), you'd be the only one to blame.

Enjoying soberness is one the greatest thing in the world. If you suck when sober it's because you've been on pills for seven fucking years and it'd require at least as much time to undo the wrong you've done.

But then, it's only up to you. If you came here to discuss it it must mean that you aint that much at ease with that at all.

Also, after a few years of getting used to withdrawals veterans learn to curb the worst parts of them. With home remedies etc. I'm sure you have yours. It's rly not all that bad and can get through a day or a few even like that.

yeah, i do agree that the war on drugs is incredibly stupid. people are going to do them despite efforts of the government/police simply because they feel good, and humans have been doing it for centuries. seems like everyone is noticing this though so who knows how long it'll be.

i wonder if addiction rates would rise as a result however. i'm only 20 years old and have had friends who have been taking opiates for like 4 years and completely destroyed everything that they previously had going for them. i dunno what im talking about im pretty high so my apologies hahah

>If you suck when sober it's because you've been on pills for seven fucking years and it'd require at least as much time to undo the wrong you've done.
That's a good point, but here's the thing..

A dope fiend may have messed their lives up stealing, cheating, lying, losing every friend for those past seven years.

Me and I'm sure a lot of other people that can control an addiction though, have done the opposite with the drugs help. Drugs allowed me to finish college with somewhat ease. Grab a sick job out of college and maintain it every day happy about work and life. Honest to god, in my situation, and I'm sure you think I'm lying, but almost as soon as I got off drugs, things went to shit even more so. I mean things arent that bad, they were just better then and I feel like I could accomplish much more if I went back on right now.

What comes to mind the most is being chill in an interview. Being able to nail shit like that while on the drug. Sober, even before I ever took one drug, I couldn't. I'm a nervous fucking wreck. It's a fucked up situation and I feel like I'm that odd ball out that has some kind of chemical imbalance, or maybe I was raised wrong and secluded from people, and just didn't develop the social skills needed to idk be regular. Drugs help with that immensely. And I'm sure for a lot of other people too.

I used to be addicted to tramadol, I still use it and I also eat opium poppies that grow outside, and I some some weed from time to time and I experience the same thing there for I concluded it's more like selfmedicating instead of using drugs to go nuts. I believe that these drugs where actually meant to do this and is there to help those who can't function normally without it.Like a sort of veil that lifts of your head and that you can see the world clearly, so that you can think clearly. I don't think there is anything wrong with that. It's the typical "junky" that makes people not understand it. Just keep medicating yourself and only tell the people who you know will understand and keep it to yourself most of the time. Just don't feel bad about yourself for using it. Oh and I also wanted to say, recent studies found out that people can sometimes have a lack of natural opiates in their brains, we need those to release serotonin. That's why antidepressants don't work for some people. There might actually be a valid reason why you need to medicate yourself for reasons you do not know yet. I smoke weed for severe migraines and bad sleeping pattern, I take opiates for being able to function as a human being and nightmares and I'm going to use amphetamine for the same thing. I have add,asperger,
fibromyalgia and possibly ehlers danlos syndrome and I'm chronically depressed.

>The substance by itself is perfectly harmless to a body even long term.

i have some trams sitting in my medicine cabinet that nobody has touched for years, 50mg in each. how much should i do as someone who's never touched it (or any opiate for that matter)

>wanted to say, recent studies found out that people can sometimes have a lack of natural opiates in their brains, we need those to release serotonin. That's why antidepressants don't work for some people. There might actually be a valid reason why you need to medicate yourself for reasons you do not know yet
Wow user, you just understood me to a fucking tee. Are you my twin?

That quote I've thought about it being a possibility for Sooo long I've told maybe one person about that and they laughed.

Ive tried 3 different ssri's. Xanax, Valium, klonopin. An anti psychotic. Seroquel. And some other crap my shrink gave me for depression and anxiety. NOTHING worked like opiates have for me. I mean benzos make you not give a shit about any tn ing and you're not stressed on them, but they make you feel like a zombie.

Opiates make me feel no stress at all and I'm sharp as a tack on them. Like you say people who don't take drugs to get crazy and fucked up all the time use them to self medicate. Holy fuck you just cut into my soul and read my mind.

Damn kek tits for you my dude. Tell me more of what you know. Just go on!!

What if it's a bias?

You want to go back to using so you see it as brighter times than they were

Could be I suppose

If unabsued and taken responsibly, opiates have no ill effects on your body. Pregnant women can even take them. It's the tylenol, additives in pills, and cuts in heroin that are bad for you. Also, when taken irresponsibly and in huge amounts just like anything Then opiates can be harmful to your body.

This is fact. Scientifically proven.

I always got off 150mg but I used opis for a bit before I tried them first time. Maybe try 100mg then take another after 60mins?

I always felt trams take longer than usual to hit you, but hit hard when they go into effect.

OP here. Oh fuck yes that's definitely a lot of it. Nostalgia for those good times. The thing is that they were just good times aided by drugs. I never would have had those times, all those gfs, 8 and 9/10s if I was sober.

Its a complicated choice and I'm struggling hard.

For an example I lost my gf in less than 9 months when I was sober and completely done with withdrawing mentally and physically. After that I dated again. Couldn't keep a gf not even a year.

I agree. If you keep control about yourself, than your lifestyle is completely fine. However you said that your life is shit without the drug, you're not as productive, don't like hanging out etc. Wo you have to honestly ask yourself: Do you really have full control about your addiction? Is your life shitty because you miss the drug or would you feel the same even if you would have never used the drug? Maybe you should learn to be happy without it.

I can kinda understand you. I was addicted to opiates for years, but the turning point to make me quti was when I started shooting up heroin. Every morning I was one moody asshole until I had some type of opiate in me, then BOOM I was the happiest go lucky guy everybody knew me as.

Today, I feel dead inside. I have no motivation to do anything. It's like the fire inside of me has dimmed. I can't connect with anybody and literally have no emotions. I had to stand in front of a mirror and remember by muscle memory how to smile so I could just pop that out to lower people's guards and initiate a friendly conversation. It sucks, because I feel like I'm just "acting" but it works and helps me get by.

I haven't used in almost 3 years, and it does start to get better. Opiates don't even cross my mind anymore unless I get reminded of it like on tv or here. I dunno if what you're experiencing is the same as me, but it gets only slightly better, at least so far for me. Although sometimes I have such bad anxiety I lock up and go into robot mode...

thanks man, i'll give it a shot when i can

I feel juyt like you. May I ask which drugs work best for you?

Long story short you need drugs to function properly in daily activities. You have the standard junkie looser attitude, that the world is grey and depressing without that shit. Fuck you.

>or would you feel the same even if you would have never used the drug? Maybe you should learn to be happy without it.
That last part got me thinking a bit.

Well it's impossible to tell if I would have ended up, personality-wise, the same if I never took drugs. I can honestly say though my best guess is I migjt have came out of my she'll a little more while sober over the years, but really I just as easily could have became a shut in hermit. I really do hate people and being around everyone while sober. It's like my biggest problem in life. I cannot interact like a normal person off of drugs. It's like a thing I have and always will while sober.

So I still stick by my theory, we'll educated guess somewhat, that my life has ended up for the much better because of drug use. I guess in my case and probably with many others I shouldn't call it drug use because it's really just me medicating myself to be normal.

The thing that fucking blows my mind with anger and rage is that these substances are available they've been invented in our lifetime and we can't fucking use them because people higher than me in life say I can't. It's fucking infuriating and I hate it. I wish there was something I could do.

Also I'd like to add, ex-addicts are known to have very low dopamine, as my doctor found out about me. In fact it causes me to have tremors in my left hand, like restless leg syndrome but in my hand (although I struggled with that too). My doctor prescribed me "Requip" which worked well for stopping my RLS and my hand shaking uncontrollably. It doesn't happen as often now because I think my brain is starting to balance out it's chemicals and produce dopamine the way it's supposed to, but sometimes I catch myself with my hand shaking. It's a weird feeling almost like if I don't shake or use the muscles in it it becomes VERY uncomfortable to hold it still. This is also a known precursor to Parkinson's.

Maybe you just need to excercise your dopamine receptors? There are supplements you can get to promote this.

Aw cool :D I'm happy I made you feel better. I'm a woman tho...mom of three and very bad ass *puts on awesome sunglasses* if you want the best stuff I'd advice you ro grow poppies in a garden if you have one. Here they grow outside and I'm gonna try to make an alcoholic tincture with it. It works way better then pills and is actually very good for your liver too. I have felt very bad about using it for a long time ey and I wondered what was wrong with me. My parents are junkies, mom is also an alcohollic and they ruined my childhood so when I first started to use opiates and such I was afraid that I would turn into my parents. But that is not the case I am just me, and i feel like something that is broken inside me gets fixed eveytime I use. I realized some time ago that i am not my parents...I do this to funtion...to be a good mom...to do the everyday things. No shame in that. So thats when i started to do a lot of research as to why I was like this and then I stumbled upon that natural opiates article now I really don't give a flying fuck and I don't feel guilty. And you know this society might be very evolved with all our science and research but it doesn't mean we understand everything thats out there and money is still an issue. But I believe there will come a day when people will look back and say did you know that in 2016 people still believed that depression could be fixed with seroquel and substances like that? whoah.... they where pretty fucking stupid back then. :p We are just ahead of our time dear.

Congrats, you're a drug addict!

Hmm I'm sorry to hear it's so rough for you user. I hope things get better I really do I feel your pain. I'm only a year in and tm Shits fucking gross.

Its like you say, after using for so long things will never be the same. The most you can hope for is a little bit of light at the end of the tunnel in maybe years.

My thinking is basically fuck that. But I'm weak. Don't do what I'm doing if you feel it's what you need to do. But I'd rather just live my life on the drugs and be happy and if for some bizarre reason I die early because of them, so be it. I lived my life happy and able to have real human interaction, relationships, friends. Idc at this point whether all those interactions are slightly aided and made better by drugs. Drugs are just substances there to be used. It doesn't change who you are completely on them. It just allows you to be who you are fully and not hold anything back when normally sober, you wouldn't say anything.

It could go the other way though and make you say things you shouldn't. But itt I'm talking about taking drugs responsibly so you never get to that "out of it" point and can control what you say.

Im so fucking lost you have no idea. Well I think you have the best idea being you're in my boat but fuck man idk.

40-60mg of oxycodone and I'm that guy at the party all the chicks want and all the duedes want to befriend. Srsly that's my fucking life on opis and I need to get back on them.

Never banged H tried Sniffing. Always just stuck to my old trusty oxys.

Th e world for me anyways was always dark and depressing. Km not an emo faggot it's always just been shit before I used drugs and now after. Same thing.

Drugs were the only thing that allowed me to come out and be a part of everything. And actually wanted to be a part of everything.

while drugs can help you in certain situations, they mostly your doom. your dependant on it. also they cause syndromes. take cannabis for this, can cause amotivational syndrome. if you take it for too long, this syndrome wont disappear.youll be basicly a lazy slob forever. look at your other marijauna taking friends. most of them wont succed in anything and be always mediocre because of amotivation. sure, you can recover from it. but for a price

>The thing that fucking blows my mind with anger and rage is that these substances are available they've been invented in our lifetime and we can't fucking use them because people higher than me in life say I can't. It's fucking infuriating and I hate it. I wish there was something I could do

I know exqctly how you feel. What the western world needs is a movement for REAL liberalism. And no, no existing party I know, whether here in Europe or there in America comes even close to liberalism even if it's part of it's name. It's just a bunch of big brothers who think they know what's best for you and that they have the wright to decide how you have to live your life.

Holy shit shortly after I quit cold turkey one random day out of the blue because I wanted to like an idiot. My hands shook a bit. Also noticed the slight twitching like when you're almost falling asleep and you'll wake your gf up cause you twitched. Kind of like that.

Thx for advice user. I'm trying hard to exercise more and be active. It's just so fucking hard with 00000 motivation. Idk how to get dopamine levels checked and i can't, we'll don't want to tell my doc Im an ex addict incase I want him to prescribe me something down the road like my last doc did for years. RIP my last GP. You were a prince. An angel for upping me all those years. Thank you for not making me have to go buy on the streets all the time.

how in the hell is there still coming smoke out of her? there is no way this will happen for me never ever. doesnt matter how big of a hit i take from a bong, if i keep the smoke in that long there is never any visible trace of smoke once i exhale.

>But I believe there will come a day when people will look back and say did you know that in 2016 people still believed that depression could be fixed with seroquel and substances like that? whoah.... they where pretty fucking stupid back then. :p We are just ahead of our time dear.
Kek that we must be.

I hope and pray for this day fellow user. All I can say is you're amazing and keep doing you.

Do you have the article? Post link? On the opiate chemical thing?

Also what about poppy in gardens? I have a backyard in my apt can prob grow something. I've tried tea once. What is this about poppys being good for your liver? Is poppy tea good for it too?

i dont know where you "learned" that from, but as a biologist i can tell you that its not even close to true.

Ex-drug-addict-considering-going-back-on-because-haters-just-say-drugs-are-bad-because-theyre-jealous-they-cant-feel-the-good-feels-too

Thanks man. I just really wish I could go back to how I was before I even touched opiates but I don't know if I will ever get that part of me back. I mean I've seen some of my friends who I used to use with also quit heroin and I just look at them and wonder how they went back to being normal again... unless it's also an act for them too, but if so then it's damn convincing.

This thread though hit me right in the feels OP. I wish I could help you but I don't really have the answers myself. I'm just holding on to that little hope like you said for the light at the end of the tunnel. I do feel a bit better after the requip and trying to "excercise" my dopamine receptors, but it will never be at the level of when I'm on an opiate and enjoying the world how I feel should be enjoyed.

I hope you do get better though. I hope you find that warm fire inside of you again without the opiates, that would be the best outcome. But if you feel like continued responsible use will let you live out the rest of your life happy then I'd say go for it. Because re-learning how to wear a smile is hell.

Opiates have long term side effects, the one you should be most concerned about is your teeth falling out.

Just take suboxone, you will never think about using drugs, you'll be productive because your body thinks you're on opiates. The long term effects have not been studied though so it's a gamble, I highly recommend it though. I was a pill and heroin addict for 10 years, I'm now a pharmacy technician going to school to be a pharmacist. I take subs and have not once had a trigger or an impulse to use the pills I'm around all day long

That's why I hate I weed. I can't even take the shit ever because paranoia. Never have I smoked and not gotten a paranoid. Blah blah blah the strain bruh the strain. NOPE it's just weed in general for me.

Thats why opiates are so fucking good. No paranoia. Just pure happy feels and motivation and sex and getting things done.

Opis are literally the polar opposite of weed. I hear both taken together is great though.

sauce?

This is a normal initial side effect. You should try doing it alone, build up your tolerance, next thing you know you'll be out in public convincing yourself that everyone around you is also stoned.

Spoilers:
They're not

Yup that sounds like low dopamine levels. You wouldn't really have to disclose anything to your doctor about your history of use, just saying you sometimes feel restless especially at night is enough for them to prescribe requip. I don't think there's a way currently to check dopamine levels in someone that's non-invasive, physicians (like mine) do a trial by slowly raising the dosage on dopamine meds and having you report back if it's working or not.

But even then... it only helped a bit. Like... it's just enough to force myself out of bed every morning and do what I gotta do, and stop my hand shaking especially in public lol. But you should read up on low dopamine levels and how it effects you. You might get different results and find that fire in you again, you never know man.

Well I guess talking politics, for here Republicans would be the best bet. Less govenerment less cops less dea. Fuck I hate liberals. I disgust myself for being one throughout college.

Does tour govt have the same two big political parties figght for the vote? Or do you have more than two choices that are actually possible to win during elections? Example: if here in US we voted for say the libertarian candidate, your vote would just get lost because only two parties ever get enough votes.

The rationalization is on conspiracy-theory level. What you say:
>opioids aren't bad for you
>I'm more likable when I use them
>I can control my addiction
>it's Tylenol that's the problem
>I'm productive when high
>I'm a jerk during withdrawal

What the sober person hears
>omg my mind is so fucked because of years of addiction that I will rationalize what is literally the most self-destructive activity on the planet

Sorry, junkfags, it's true. Please get actual help before you destroy the lives of every single person you care about. That's literally the only destination the opioid trail can bring you.

What we

But you've only been off them for a year?

And why are you an asshole when you are sober? Because drugs. They made you more resistant to dopamine your brain naturally produce, and thats the really chill and coozy hormone. Drugs dont affect you only when you are high, but also when you are sober. They made natural hormones that afrfect your behaviour less important. After a long period of not using, these levels can go back to normal. Its all about hormones. If you produce less natural dopamine, everything is more shitty when you are sober and only good times are whine high. Thats the basics of soft addictions.

How is low to medium amounts of a pure opiate, no additives, ingested into your system bad for it? Even somewhat long term. What damage would be done that couldn't be fixed naturally? Pls explain in detail if you would biologist sir?

If you like it and you are not hurting others then it's fine. "I want to do it" is justification enough in that case, but don't bullshit yourself with "I'm more productive" and "I'm a better person on drugs". Years of usage conditioned you to consider being under the influence as "normal" and you lost the ability to cope with everyday life without the help. You would have been better off never using, but you made you choice. Now own up to it.

I totally agree with this, and I'm coming down after a two day meth binge.

The rationalization is absurd here. Can't you feel it? Or have you lost self-awareness?

I don't have the article anymore and I can't find it, i would have posted it if I had it. :/ I wish i had more info on it. The opium poppy is the plants where opiates are made from. You can just grow them in your garden, and they also grow outside in a lot of countries. Most people have them in their garden and don't know what you can do with it. So it's very low profile...and very different then growing cannabis for example. People will never know... The sunstance you'll need it the milk that flows out the plant when you cut it, it will turn brown and thats raw opium. But you can also eat them or brew a tea. the reason why this is good for your liver is because of the bitterness. The effect is more mild then pills, you don't get that feeling that you need to use it again, no brainfog or nausea and very good sleep, vivid dreams. If you brew tea don't boil it because the heat can destroy the alkaloids some people use citric acid to extract more alkaloids out of the plant. It's best to drink it from a fresh poppy, because one you've dried them they will taste super bitter and has less effect. But you can pick many and store them in a freezer. There is lots of info about this online :)

Used to shoot up sporadically for a year Ended up getting caught by family so they flipped and kicked me out. Haven't done it in like three weeks, haven't really had the urge to either. Pretty sure the stigma reinforces a person's need to use, like they feel like a shitty person for doing a shitty thing so they use more to stop feeling shitty, even though what they're doing isn't all that shitty in the first place.
Man, talking to sober people about this is like trying to convince my grandparents to smoke a joint without them thinking the devil's in it.

Same here user. I feel ya bro. Not much else to say you got It down were both fucked but hopefully yeah, someday. If I prayed I'd keep you in my prayers. Stay strong. Tits for mind melding w me over Sup Forums

You can say that, but these are people who felt like this before using it, and have tried many things to change. It's just something wrong in the brain. Just like people with adhd and add use amphetamines (ritalin dexamphetamine concerta ect.) But since you don't have this problem it's just hard to understand.

You're right, but not with opiates. It's a bad road dude. Massive tolerances, respiratory depression, no to mention costly. If you want to take off the edge a bit with some drugs, try looking into phytomedicines like kratom, kava, valerian root, weak maois like passionflower, st johns wort, stuff like gaba and even alkaloids like harmala. You'll find that if you bring variety of herbal drugs into your life, you'll feel guilt free, healthier and still get awesome buzzes every time. That has been my life for the last 2 years. I love it. Always a new cup of tea, a new herb, a new extract. And they're all legal and cheap and easy on the body (mind maybe the kava but I don't like it much anyway).

Ive been rly considering subs for a while. I've heard of them I don't know enough about them though to even get started and don't want people to know I used a long time.

Can you in detail best describe the feeling between pure opiate and suboxone? Do you feel good on them like oxys? Do they make you outgoing like oxys and opis?

I could honestly go without the buzzed warm good feeling. All I fucking NEED is the outgoing type A personality opiates give me. Like I need it to thrive in society otherwise I'm a shut in and loser never want to go out etc.

>feel guilt free
You actually allow people to make you feel guilty, huh?

Mother Fucking audible kek

I'm an extrovert, I learned that skill from adderall. I love being with people. I don't like being alone, I naturally I go with the flow of things, with what people think, while still keeping my own goals in accord of course. I like people.

Gay.

Requip is primarily prescribed for RLS only? Are there other drugs mainly for dopamine levels to make you more motivated better than Requip? Sorry you're prob saying ask the fucking doctor what do you think I am.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

the artical I read was dutch, I don't know where you are from but this is it, zamnesia.nl/blog-hoe-lichaamseigen-opiaten-stress-verminderen-n665

and this was the source nature.com/mp/journal/v20/n2/full/mp2014185a.html thats in english.

it causes you to fart nerve gas

You're missing the core challenge here. The first hurdle was overcoming drugs, the second is changing yourself into what you want to be or taking the edge off life mentally.

I would say its like having the full benefits of being sober, but your wanting or need to feel the way you want to feel is gone. There are no cravings, your capacity sexually is still well above what it would be with nothing. You feel productive and want to get shit done. Being outgoing or not depends on you, your serotonin levels are fucked from long term abuse. You would most likely need some Zoloft, Prozac, cymbalta or something to help with the depression you're using the opiates to stay away from. Did I just blow your mind? Because you are depressed. The opiates just numb the feeling and may be a deeper underlying cause as to why you feel the need to use.

>I see no reason at all why having to take a pill every day, or hit a bowl, or sniff a line is a bad thing.

Neuroscientist here. Even in moderate quantities, most drugs tend to cause neurodegeneration in certain areas, which in turn causes neurological health problems later down the line. Tho some drugs (namely alcohol and nicotine) have other health benefits, so it's a double edged sword. Also, some drugs, like psilocin, do have very measurable mental health benefits, especially for people suffering from high anxiety or depression.
Opiates and stimulants are generally just bad tho.

This. You have to learn from drugs and use that experience to better yourself, to be what you want to be. They're tools, to help you, not to be on forever.

Yup godspeed OP. I'll definitely pray for ya before I go pass out. Thanks man and good luck.

Yeah i ever thought that the US-system is kinda shitty. I'm German so here I can choose between, idk maybe a dozen partys. But the result is the same: There are ca 5 big partys which rule which rule the nation and the differences between them are very subtle and becoming smaller every period. I don't understand why so many drug addicted qnd other libertarian people vote for lefties because in many ways there are way more imperious than some conservative partys.

I want to hear more about nicotine. Alzheimers, neuroprotective effects due to cholinergic agonism, etc?

I know alcohol is good when it has the (phenols?) from the wines and such but is that the only physical health benefit? Socially it can help, if we take into consideration neuroplasticity, and I'm assuming most people who indulge in drugs are young, and this with the right attitude and place can mold a person into a more social being, am I right?

This down here
One question. Do you believe people who have extreme anxiety (real) and depression (if you believe that's real) should be able to and be encouraged to take things like Xanax, klonopin etc?

Do you feel that drugs and medication in general are good to the public or bad?

Obviously you'll agree they're good. My situation and many others I believe have chose a drug that works best for them after MUCH experimentation. just because I take a drug to better myself doesn't make me a junkie. Ive never been a "junkie" if you've ever seen me you'd never say I'm a junkie or even if you hung out with me.

Opiates are a type of medication. That drug/medication helps me. Why the fuck are you and so many other people so opinionated on this topic? Just let it fucking be. Let the people that Can use these things responsibly use them responsibly. And as bad as it sounds let those who want to ruin their lives ruin them. The same thing happens with so many other legal things. Smoking kills you. Drinking kills you. Carbs kill you. Why the fuck are drugs so hated and yet other things so accepted?

The only things that are restricted are those that make you feel good. Like their sole purpose is to elevate your mood. If you think a while about it, only the drugs that give you that warm fuzzy feeling are Scheduled and could possibly get you thrown in jail for 40 years.

This mentality you have and this system is fucking.. Idk a good enough word for it

I had a pretty good supply of various things at one stage. I shattered my heel so as you can imagine it hurt like fuck. I continued my story of pain to the docs but realistically i just enjoyed my daily dose to cruise through the day essentially pain free.
Script in question had Oxy 5 mg and 10 mg, Tramadol, Lyrica, Panadeine forte (30mg codeine plus paracetamol. Aus fag btw) and i had some mobix anti inflammatory. Pretty much i could nail the lot together and mates who joined in the fun would agree it was pretty fucking good. That was about 2 years back and now i had to really quit it as a bloke who drives cranes and works in mining/high risk roles they wont let you work on even a shitty amount of codeine. Thankfully pain is kinda manageable without it all but i would say i function relatively normally.

I would agree though i am more reclusive, cant be fucked getting hammered on booze and being social just for the fact its friday night. I put it down to getting older. Sex drive is probably lower too but i kinda think sleep is top of my list and if the wife misses the boat im sleeping.
I came from an era where smoking an oz a week was good street credit and could blaze all day no problems. Nowadays nothing like that being dad/husband. I would say still function fine just older and lazier.

Maybe year and half going on two now

Its just that I remember exactly how I was before I took the drugs. I am now that same exact person and feel the same scared way about everything and stress everything like I did all those years before I started.

At lower dosages it's used for RLS. But at higher levels it's used for Parkinson's to help relieve the symptoms and the tremors. I mean requip (ropinirole) can get to some crazy high dosages that they can prescribe so I would imagine it could help to release even more dopamine. There's like 5 other brands I found out about but my doctor just picked that one as the best option for me.

But there's also the supplement route. I also took L-tyrosine for a while but the thing about l-tyrosine is you have to do things to promote your dopamine receptors like giving yourself a runner's high, working out, even listening to music that gives you "chills" or even sex. Anything to promote dopamine along with the supplement. Otherwise it won't work as well.

But sorry, I don't know if there's a drug specifically for raising dopamine to get you more motivated. If there is though then I'd like to know about it too.

I get that and agree that's happening to me to some extent but fading slowly every day.

The thing that's creeping up now is I'm back to my old beta ass nervous wreck self that I was growing up even and highschool and first year of college before I started opiates

Im never gonna change. That's my shitty personality. The polar opposite of type A

The only thing in the world that has cured me of that shitty stress and anxiety and nervousness has been opiates. What would you do if you were me and tried Every other medication suggested by shrinks and doctors? If opiates made you the person you wanted to be every day, would you take them? .

I'm currently having the same dilemma with myself, I want to have my life in order but drugs are the only escape I have to start reflecting on whats wrong in my life.

so should I be dependent on drugs but get to improve my life or should i stay as far away from dependence but stay in the same shit hole I'm in or I'm just a retard?

>if you bring variety of herbal drugs into your life, you'll feel guilt free, healthier and still get awesome buzzes every time.
Just because they are natural herps doesn't mean it's "healthier" than synthetic or half synthetic substances. Quite the reverse, mostof these herbs are not breeded to be a drug so besides the "good" substances they probably also contain a non negligible amount of poissons.

Lots of great info here user

Thanks for posting and I may just try a garden here some day. Here cock for femanon instead of tits

This

>made you the person you wanted to be every day, would you take them? .
well im high and i get you man

I agree with your objective view. However, if you look at illicit drugs, most of the time these are cut, stored in odd places and dirtied. They're unclean. The herbal supplements at least have a company making them. It is as objectively harmful as buying anything from a company. You could get food poisoning from your cheerios from example. I could see something happening like this. But at least you know that ODs and unknown drugs are not in these kinds of 'drugs'. Maybe in the preworkouts and such but I am not as interested in stimulants as far as caffeine + amps + mph. But that's a whole different story.

If you need drugs to control your life, then you're a weak-minded fool who should really an hero anyways. I have no respect for people who have to turn to harmful substances to take control. The mind must be master of the body.

Thanks for all the info. I will definitely try some of these some day. I've always wanted to test out herbal shit. I tried Kratom once during a withdrawal. I could see how it might help day to day. Maybe I'll try it again now that I've been off opis for a year+

That's like saying to a diabetic that he took insulin long enough. Now he should learn, taking the edge of life by his own.

Hehe yay, tits are great too tho

If you haven't been to a doctor in the past two years opiates are being severely cracked down on. It started with the va, literally everyone is addicted to drugs. They're finally moving people onto buprenorphine patches but the practices are now being applied by the dea. Opiates can only be prescribed a month at a time, your doctor now has to run you through the cures database, keep s log of your progress, drug tests etc.

It's literally a pain in the ass for doctors now to prescribe them and it's only getting worse. Enjoy the availability while you can because eventually it's going to be tramadol and subs for everyone who doesn't have severe pain, i.e., missing limbs, degenerative conditions, shit that wouldn't apply to you. If you aren't getting the drugs from w Doctor, then your dealers are and they will be put through that.

well, im just like op but i dont understand why you get so mad about it

Good. Please try them. I recommend looking into valerian root a lot. It is my personal favorite.

But that's a physical necessity. He has an actual physical NEED. I can see this with heavy opiate usage as well but for kids who cannot stop smoking marijuana or the ones who think they need methamphetamine or xanax, I believe they need to look at WHY they started and what goal they had in mind. Maybe it was to run away, maybe it was to go through a difficult time. But it's a crutch nonetheless for these people.

THIS!!!

Ty for the find user.

Why did you begin? It's more deep rooted than just "oh I'm fucked, what drug should I look for next?"

I know what I want to be. I have a degree in my field and I just don't even want to do it anymore without being able to feel idk free I guess like drugs do.

Not to mention the tedious work I do you Need to be on something to not go crazy after a few years in front of your monitors

Being in control has nothing to do with why people use in the first place. The fuck?

>The mind must be master of the body.

You're delusional. Don't spout nonsense about a subject you know nothing about.

You're trying to rationalize your addiction to something that is extremely bad for your body. Get help.

wtf happened here

what is the backstory to this webm ?
Is she having a spontaneous orgasm ?
Is it induced by whatever she was drinking ?
so many questions and one raging boner.