Why couldn't they hire an Asian?

Why couldn't they hire an Asian?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rwDqbDp6SGc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Cause it will be butchered beyond recognition.

because famous actress

they might as well hire john cena as batou while they are at it.

Because it's being made for a Western audience and they like white people better.

Why couldn't they hire midgets to play hobbits?

Why didn't they hire a blind guy to play Daredevil?

Why didn't they hire a 15 year old to play Spider-man?

Because it's a fucking movie. I seriously don't see what the big deal is about this.

>implying any anime-to-film movie won't be butchered.

Get over it fagg... I do not know why they have not hired Android it would do better than human playing android...

I wasn't going to go see this movie until I found out that they cast Scarlett Johansson in it.

I've had a crush on her since Lost in Translation

the main character doesn't even look asian.

So the studio is banking on there being more people like you than there are people who actually like Ghost in the Shell

What female big star Asians do you know that would draw people to the film other than the people who are already fans of the series?

None.
The big name pool has been drying up the past 20 years, even for white people.

and most anime try and make the characters look white anyway

Don't you watch movies? They rarely use asians in film

Mean while Japanese cast all chink eye cast for attack on the titan .. Mean fucking while full metal al will have a all Japanese cast even if the manga says they are germen . so fuck you fan boi

Hobbits are basically small humans, midgets are deformed and gross.
It is easy to fake being blind, and working with a real blind person would be very hard.

I actually agree with the spider-man one. They should hire a person the same age, or at least one who looks the same age, rather than an adult.

It really makes a difference to stick to the original source. This is the same reason everyone is pissed about niggers being inserted into white people's roles.

He did play it very well..

In short: "If you are white, fuck you."

Motoko doesn't look asian and since she's an android there's no reason to assume that she should be asian.

They needed a big hollywood name.

ScarJo isnt the worst choice... but definetly not the best either.

Quads of truth

it will be another "Lucy"

youtube.com/watch?v=rwDqbDp6SGc

She's a full body cyborg,

Fucking Androids are sythetics, robots with rudimentary AI and working organs.

Cyborgs are humans who have parts replaced with cybernetics.

Why couldn't they hire a good actor?

Fuck that fact that's an asian. Scarlet Johannson is just a raspy voice with tits.

The Japs don't even care, it's stupid faggy American white SJWs who care.

Fuck off with this shit-

sage

Yes. beautifully fantastic jumbly bumbly get-your-face-in-there-and-motorboat-that-shit luscious tits.

>full body cyborg
doesn't sound like there's anything human left

She sorta looks like Carrie-Anne Moss (Trinity, Matrix).

You haven't seen Lost in Translation

Ok, I fucked up the semantics. But since the skin, skeleton and flesh are still fabricated my point stands.

this tbh

The Japanese are still mentally enslaved from the United States dropping TWO nuclear bombs on them after they tried to defend themselves from a US oil embargo. They have a slaves mentality and aren't capable of advocating for themselves properly, so we have to do it for them.

Witnessed

I don't think i could imagine anyone else as the gate keeper.

You know meanwhile is one word, don't you?

This is why SJ is actually a more than decent casting choice for The Major.

The people who are angry about this casting choice are people who don't watch anime enough to understand that not all anime center around Asia/Japan. Plenty of them are set in places where the vast majority of the characters are white.

Togusa: Japanese police officer
Motoko: Android that looks pretty "Caucasian"

>Couldn't
Because Lucy Lui is it and she's too old. And Chinese.
Also, she's a cyborg- race is a little less important.

they want people to want to see the movie.
the source material will appeal to faggot weebs.
scarjo is for the regular people.

>Matrix

Which there definitely are. Welcome to screen economics 101.

Quads confirms. Op is a fan boi who needs to get fucked.

Id preffer the rock

Yep. I sure did type that word. Thanks for typing it again and linking it to my reply.

>Source material will appeal to faggot weebs
You obviously never watched ghost in the shell cock gobbler

>defend themselves from a US oil embargo
So the US should have helped out people who massacred Chinese and were allied with Fascists and Nazis?

Black guy has to stand at the gate. White folks in the castle chilling.

I'm assuming you're aware why, but than again idk how stupid kids can be these days

No. She's a cartoon character that's been transferred to film, backed by a major studio. They thought about going with ethnic actress Nippy Pong Slanteyes, but then they came to their fucking senses and said "Wait, we need to appeal to all audiences, not just the niche markets of Fanboys and SJW whiners" and cast an A-List actress instead. Then they all cheered and did a bunch of coke and fucked underage girls and boys in celebration, as hollywood is wont to do.

One day, the clown-hairs will all be dead, their tweets printed out and crammed down their throats. Their last moments captured on their the iphones they attempted to record the injustice with, and their hearts pierced with the staffs of the very rainbow flags they were wielding.

And then, we ..shall...have...peace.

Ask your quads this... Can the studio that make attack on Titan afford an A list Hollywood actress? Fucking roody-poo

That Japanese and Chinese have been massacring each other for thousands of years. No one is less guilty of that then the other. The Japanese had not truly allied itself with Germany until after the embargo, when they had thousands of troops on Chinese soil and were running out of gas and Germany offered them fuel.

no because i'm not an anime loving weeaboo faggot.

I love how close she actually looks like to the major, you guys are just a bunch of cock suckers. fuck you. You little bitch enjoy the movie you faggot. fuck your asian cunts too, little bitchasses, ain't not whitewashing mother fuckers fuck yall. It's a god damn movie, enjoy the fucking movie ya' pricks.

Who'd be the best choice?

Ghost in the Shell doesn't appeal to weebs.
Too much philosophy and deep thought. kek

Simple. Because it doesn't fucking matter.
She's literally an android in the movie/show. Her appearance doesn't matter at all.

Also because Scarlett Johansson (whether you personally like it or not) is considered an A-list celebrity and therefore be able to grab a lot of tickets for a completely new hollywood movie.

This fucking about her as the lead shouldn't be about her color and ethnicity, it should be if she's able to play the fucking part.

Not everything is about fucking politics.

Not that user, but I have no idea why you did that either.

He clearly stated that she was Trinity from Matrix. Your replied >Matrix, like he didn't say that she was Trinity from Matrix when he did in fact state that she was.

You're the one who's stupid. I said that she was from the Matrix.

>blue eyes
SHE IS TOTALLY ASIAN GUISE

Agree with this fuck all you whiny little cunts. It's a movie. enjoy the god damn movie, and fuck your face while you're at it.

This, and also you should be aware of how stupid kids can be these days. Just in case you weren't aware of it. I'm just here to remind you, just in case you didn't know.

Kids can be stupid btw. I'm sure you appreciate me informing you that kids can be stupid. You're welcome.

How can I enjoy a movie that automatically makes me a racist the moment I purchase a ticket?

If you buy a ticket to this movie, you basically agreeing with the opinion that Asian actress shouldn't make Hollywood salaries and that those huge salaries should be reserved for white people.

Scarlett Johansson isn't white. She's Jewish.

>How can I enjoy a movie that automatically makes me a racist the moment I purchase a ticket?

Are you serious user?

That's not how it works in the slightest.

There just aren't any high end Asian actors, and fuck there aren't many NEW actors making it in hollywood these days at all.

All the "good" actors/actresses have been getting old and retiring and almost no new blood is replacing them.

It's not white people's fault if people of other races aren't aggressively asserting themselves into an industry.

50 million and she can't afford a dentist.

>One day, the clown-hairs will all be dead, their tweets printed out and crammed down their throats. Their last moments captured on their the iphones they attempted to record the injustice with, and their hearts pierced with the staffs of the very rainbow flags they were wielding.

tbh i think Mickey Rourke or Ron Perlman would be great for the role of batou. mickey just based on looks though.

Ever seen a Jew spend their own money?

>Asian actress shouldn't make Hollywood salaries
They shouldn't. Because she's asian, and because she's a woman.

White people are better.

I'm going to go to the theater, pay them double, telling the ticket agent "the extra is for Scarlet. May her massive tits shine brightly." And then I'm going to watch the movie and force myself to like it, then I'm going to go out and punch and rape asians screaming "REMEMBER PEARL HARBOR!"

cunt.

I'd be down for Perlman as Batou.

I heard that they turned down an Asian actor who applied.

>White people are better.

This is why you shouldn't buy a ticket. If you buy a ticket, you basically just like this racist asshole.

Are you unironically autistic to not know what emphasis is?

Adam Baldwin might be a good choice for the role?

Now granted I haven't seen him in much at all. Just FireFly and Chuck but I do think he might fit the role.

Go back to slitting your wrists and drinking bleach like you fuckers did 10 years ago before tumblr existed.

You obviously don't want to read anything that isn't racist.

Truth

FMA is gonna be as shit as AoT was

GitS is likely to be the only good anime adaption ever

Why couldn't they hire a white person?

Hey, Rurouni Kenshin was actually a pretty fucking good adaption.

Why couldn't they have an Asian guy play the main character in Edge of Tomorrow instead of Tom Cruise?

Oh wait, it's because Tom Cruise and Scarlett Johansson are really good actors, and this will result in a better movie being made.

Actually, Oda himself said that if there were irl countries of origin for his characters, Luffy would be from Brazil. And they aren't trying to make the character's "white", if you haven't noticed most Japanese are lighter skinned than Europeans. They aren't gonna make all Japanese or other Asian yellow in accordance with American stereotypes. In fact, you can usually tell when there's a white guy in a manga, they draw them kinda different from the rest of the vharacters.

gr8 b8 m8

The Major's android body is white.

There is literally no reason to cast an Asian in this role.

I hate this movie just because of that fucking debates these fucking sjw butthurt morons started.
Stupid anti sex feminists you are nothing more than mental illness, fucking cry babies and their fucking debats about a fucking movie. Fuck that movie fuck it fucking squeamish sjw magnet bullshit. And girl on the picture please get your chin up and show more proud because thats looks fucking despicable, like a vulture who is beginning to cry about fucking everything.

You now what, I like girls who have fucking balls and fight back instead of fucking blahblahblah womansplaining feminists. now deal with it.

Can and should are two entirely different concepts. The SHOULD have hired an Asian for the role, because being sensitive to the feelings of minorities is morally righteous.

It's about being a good person. A good person wouldn't be insensitive to the feelings of minorities. Hiring a white person for this role is insensitive and the person who cast Scarlett Johansson in this role is immoral. So is Scarlett Johansson for accepting the role.

The worst part is that they picked the only norse god that ever had his or her skin colour mentioned. Any of the other ones were up for grabs, but they picked the only one who ever had his skin colour mentioned.

Ditto

i actually kinda agree with you. i've also watched chuck and firefly. an i do believe he is a good actor.

If Asians don't want to automatically disqualify their own actresses from Anime to Film movies, then they should stop making their cartoon characters have big tits, round eyes and blond and read hair.

Literally 90% of anime characters look like Caucasians.

See this right here is why you're fucking retarded.

You have two example of the Japs Asian Washing movies for AoT and FMA despite both series being filled with GERMAN characters.
In fact AoT only had ONE character that was Asian.

Then you have GitS, the cast for which is diverse as fuck. There are only like three actual Japs in Section 9, and the main character while Jap has put her brain in multiple new bodies since she was 8 years old and never looked Japanese since.

Either learn about the fucking content you're complaining about first, or fucking neck yourself.

Do you know something called sarcasm?

In his defense, Sarcasm does not translate well into text unless it's done in a really obvious way.

It's alright when Asians do it. It's not alright when Caucasians do it.

The racial scale of privilege is currently tipped heavily in favor of Caucasians and that scale is never going to become balanced until minorities enjoy privileges Caucasians can't enjoy.

>'neck yourself'

Calm your autism

I pity the people that don't consider that obvious sarcasm.

Fuck yeah bro, I can feel you fuck this annoying sjws and feminists because I HATE THEM TOO. they're just whiny about everything. It's a mental disease. Those cities should check their waterlines if there is something inside which makes their brains go bizarre. I don't know but I fucking hate those anti sex bullshit people fucking air wasters.

There are more fucking Asians in the world than Whities.
Your argument fails.

WHITES ARE THE MINORITY BITCH!

>What female big star Asians do you know that would draw people to the film

This, with the proviso that female leads don;t actually have much BO draw anyway.

I mean yeah, He's an idiot for not noticing something as obvious as that but... Still. Sarcasm is a bitch in text form.