ok

ok

real bad noise rock
times scaruffi was wrong ect

Yeah it's good

this is one of the few times he was right

Yes

This is real noise rock

he was right about this one. I dunno Royal Trux is alright im listening to the OP once again. It just has this twee pop approach to it that doesn't appeal to me that much. Sounds like they're taking the piss out of The Residents and Suicide at the same time.

What's the album cover meant to be showing?
Anyone know?

I saw Neil Hagerty play a solo show in september. it was supposed to be with his new project Howling Hex but his band quit the day of (last night of the tour even).
he killed it but basically had a mental breakdown onstage and almost everyone walked out. it was the saddest thing ever

it's a b&w pic of a presumably cooked Jennifer. I used to have an insane crush on this girl whose favorite band was royal trux, oh the things we do for love

>it's a b&w pic of a presumably cooked Jennifer.
I still can't see anything. What should I look for?

i mean i'm pretty sure?
you n me both brother.

I agree, OP.

"Noise rock" has become way too broad of a term, it encompasses a lot of music that barely uses noise, if at all. Shit like Swans, Sonic Youth, Melt Banana, or TVU may have touches of noise here and there, but I would think to qualify as "noise rock" noise would have to be a featured aspect of it, not just a small part of a large whole.

youtube.com/watch?v=JtMoe0gJTrw

hp is best

classic

Yeah this and Flying Luttenbachers

At the end:
>I think that's your hit
...and it was their hit!

But noise rock isn't necessarily about noise. It's all about feedback, which I suppose is noise, dissonance, and structure of the songwriting. Early, No-Wave era Swans is like Noise Rock by the books, not just touches, and TVU, specifically White Light/White Heat, which was a lot earlier than Noise Rock's heyday, did have feedback noise at parts, and the free-ish playing at points like in Sister Ray, so I'd definitely call it Noise Rock despite the softer tracks

In fact Noise Music and Noise Rock are not as related as the names make them out to be. The only thing that I'd consider "noise" that's integral to noise rock is the feedback that is such a big part of it

This guy is right, Noise Rock and Noise Music are two different concepts.
That's more like Tape Rock.

>tape rock
pls stop making up genres

bump

>twee pop approach

ignore the namefag, clearly wants to sound like he knows something when hes completely clueless
this
and this
ground-zero debut album is better and so is last exit

also this

and this