Ask a psychology student anything!

Ask a psychology student anything!

Why did the chicken cross the road?

Why does my wiener get hard when I rub myself against stuff

Does my low self esteem limit my social capabilities?

How do you feel knowing you're studying perhaps the least worthwhile subject there is?

why am i so unlucky?

y am i so lucky?

fuck my life this would have been screen cap worthy if it worked fml i will never come so colse to achieve one of my dreams ever again

Why are most people who study psychology, typically head cases themselves?

What's the difference between a fetish and a sexual orientation? And which one is pedophilia?

but on the other side, this is two dubs in a row, so i guess....

For greater good

fuck it, its over

why do i have repressed sexual feels towards my mother?

I had a very entertaining night watching my house mate saying he could be a psychologist by doing an undergraduate psychology course. When he realised he was wrong, his heart was shattered. I felt glorious.

I heard psychologists with just an MS don't make much. Are you going for your PhD at some point?

Why can't I catch my own jizz in my butthole when I bash my parsnip?

To get to the other side, as in die

the chicken is suicidal and having an existential crisis

this is funny bcuz why would a chicken be so sad

jesus

How can I get over an ex that was abusive ?
He used to hit me, push me, punch me and then abandoned me and broke up with me....and I suffer and want him back

wat do ?

>inb4 an hero..i tried few weeks ago but i failed

why do you study a pseudoscience?
how bad are your employment prospects?

Not OP but they probably get interested in psychology in the course of trying to fix their own problems. If they can manage to keep their personal issues outside the office, they can actually make pretty good therapists, since they have experienced the therapy process from both sides. You can study what works and what doesn't, but it's a different experience to go through it.

How does working at McDonalds feel

1) D

2) A

3) A

Why do i keep playing odd is fap evens is sleep, and always roll odds, just like right now?

No, A A A

is IQ a valid measurement of intelligence?

Therapy or self-help. Support groups are good too, you would think they're a meme but they can actually help as long as the group has a decent facilitator and members who aren't complete dongers

Because she's hot. Plow that puss m8.

why do psych majors think they are making a legitimate contribution to the world?

I'm in therapy and medication for severe depression( I tried to commit sudoku multiple times and) and social anxiety and I told the therapist about this.
She was surprised my ex did that.

I'm SO SO SO SO shy to tell my therapist and doctor I tried to overdose and then kill myself, it's killing me

why do you guys never define your terms properly?

wrong

because you are an obsolete faggot

use logic. Does low temperature limit the boiling of water? Of course it does. It sometimes even cripples it. If you want a cheap, but sometimes unhealthy way to get a boost, go to /fit/

To some point it is. But look at it like this. I can either go do some industrial work and organize teams and beat crazy cash, but i am not interested and that it pointless in the terms of scientific progress. My dad, who is a mechanical engineer, got into management and has a greater pay than any engineer that i know. But to some point, it is worthless.
Then what is good about it? Well, psychiatry is a better scientific branch, but it only helps the extreme cases, such where incredibly rare illnesses appear, while psychology focuses on everyday things and can help a greater number of people, because most people aren't suffering from conditions that require a psychiatrist and medication. For example, if you suffer from depression while your husband is in the army and away for a single year, as it was a custom until recently in my country, then going to a psychiatrist will get you some antidepressants and it will help you out, but for a finite amount of time. If such case happens again, where you are forced to wait for a loved one and not know if he or she is well, it might cause stress, the same amount of it or even greater, and you will need the medication again to get over it, but going to a psychotherapist might actually get you a way for you to control how you respond to such occasions, and improve your life indefinitely. But i am not even interested in that.
Developmental and social psychology are none of my interests, i am not a fan but i see how they are helpful and i do hope that you can oversee the words that you repeat like a parrot because most people on here also share that opinion.

Jesus how retarded are people?
>C
>A
>C

1.c
2.a
3.a

Am i right?
>1 was the hardest to process in my head

No, apparently 3 was you dimwit

No i think its A A A

>jesus how retarded are people

>answers #3 as C

kek get the fuck outa here with your retarded ass.

it's actually A, A, A

I took the bait

Are you worried about being committed involuntarily? You're fine as long as you make it clear you're not actively planning to do it again. If it's in the past, or if you're worried you might do it again at some unspecified time in the future, they can't report you to the authorities or anything. Most jurisdictions can't involuntarily commit you unless you have a concrete plan and intent.

>I am planning to go to the hardware store this week and buy a rope and hang myself from the balcony
would get you committed anywhere

>I thought if I ever did do it, I would get a rope from a hardware store and hang myself from the balcony, but I have no intent of doing that
and
>a few months ago I tried to hang myself but the rope broke/I chickened out/someone found me/whatever
will not get you committed in MOST jurisdictions. Check your local laws though. But generally, they don't want you to hide that you're suicidal, and they don't want you to *not* seek treatment out of fear of being locked up.

Not sure if that's what you're asking; posting it anyway since Sup Forums is full of depressedfags.

If it's just a matter of being shy or ashamed to admit to suicidal thoughts, don't worry, they've heard pretty much everything. It's like going to a doc with a boil on your ass, they've seen it all. You'll be ok. And if you really don't feel like you can trust your therapist, get another one.

Source: not a shrink or psych, just an old crazy person who's been thru the system

How the hell did i get that one wrong???it was the easiest one?

The way the square folds lay out, it would have all the squares with circles in them facing the same direction (outward from the completed shape) and answer A is the answer that complies with that

People find this shit hard? Logic puzzles, man.

Can i have an extra mayo with that ?

There is no such thing like luck. Maybe you are just focusing on the bad things in life. Every stick has two ends, why not grab the other one? Every experience in life, and i do mean every, has a certain amount of positivist in it. Discovering that the world is your oyster is a classic one for when you are about to give up on life due to some tragic events.

I can confirm this, they are. In my class we have a fucking schizophrenic girl and a shitload of self harmers, but not to worry, then drop out rather quickly since they don't expect to find subject like statistics and methodology in this field.

Who doesn't on this cancerous board

Yes. I am already studying psycho-linguistics, a course from the MS studies and some really advanced shit in statistics, like canonical correlation. I have a field of interest as well, but i am okay with it if it stays a hobby.

Go talk to a psychologist. They must keep everything you say private, unless you plan to kill someone. It is different than going to a doctor, a psychologist isn't a doctor, he is a guy that has spent his life studying how to help out. Let him do his job by going to him. I loved going to psychologists when i was young. It was always so fun and they gave various IQ tests, taught me about some fun things in life. Hell, i even still give them a call. Just know this - NO ONE can help you, unless you want to help yourself and accept help. Psychotherapy is about 50% this, learning how to get a person to want to help itself.

That is true! Though, psychology is much more than dealing with other peoples problems. It explores various systems of the human mind, starting from studying, memory, emotions, motivation and such, to interactions, groups, even some philosophical questions, like why do we believe in god and similar. It is really fun once you see past the stereotype that it is about helping, psychotherapy....

They are all A, trust me.

I'm worried about she feeling guilty about prescribing me medication, after all I overdosed on her pills....but I realize it's my problem what I did with the pills, it's up to me if I follow the medication plan or not.

I'm afraid she won't prescribe to me because I might as well as do it again.

I was so depressed, I had changed medication and ex left me because of my depression so I had so many things on my shoulders.

Now I'm not suicidal and I clearly think and say : I am NOT certain about the future. I might as well as do it, I admit it, I'll probably try again in the future when I'm that depressed.
I remember I couldn't even breathe due to the intense crying and pain I was feeling....my grandparents saved me, they were awake in the middle of the night so I had to cancel it, but overdosing sucks especially the side effects are worse than hell, depression is worse than hell.

I changey answer....i messed up with #1 the answer is actually A like
Said....

The circle end result would have 2 conected side lines farther from the circle face, not closer...

So the answers are A, A and A

are you looking forward to being a bartender

Psychiatrist say that EQ is to IQ as the hidden part of the iceberg is to the tip that is sticking out. Test yourself for both!

Regular psychologist, with a bachelor degree, aren't doing anything profoundly great. But, psychologists with a phD or masters degree are making extreme contributions in various fields of research.

To operationalize something is sometimes very difficult to do when you have contents that are way too objective, i think would be a good word, or too abstarct. For example, operationalize "libido". It is quite hard, if not impossible. But that is why psychology isn't a science.

I also wanna get to study psychology at the uni.
Is it worth it? Cus as for now I am very intrigued by the human mind.
Also what branch would you suggest me to specialize in?

>making extreme contributions in various fields of research.

Kek, psy is pure bullshit for every theory there is a contradicting theory to explain the same thing. You guys have no clue what's happening.

Don't worry about your doc's feelings, it's her job to make decisions about treatment and she knows the risks of prescribing medications. If she feels super guilty, she should have no trouble finding someone to talk to about it.

>That is true! Though, psychology is much more than dealing with other peoples problems. It explores various systems of the human mind, starting from studying, memory, emotions, motivation and such, to interactions, groups, even some philosophical questions, like why do we believe in god and similar. It is really fun once you see past the stereotype that it is about helping, psychotherapy....
Oh I know, was just saying that that's probably how so many headcases end up in the psych profession. A lot of them either have mental health problems themselves or have someone close to them who does (which, growing up with unstable people doesn't do a lot for one's own stability either).

Right, psychology is all crap, that's why they don't use psychologists when designing ad campaigns or generating propaganda or anything. Complete waste of money.

>she knows the risks of prescribing medications
This is doubtful, even medical doctors have no clue how most of the medication the prescribe works. What ever they give do your own research before taking it

Source: I am a biochemist

They do its called social psychology, which was the only interesting psy class I ever took

Why i cant stop kill people?

This
I'm I was prescribed an antipsychotic.I researched about that specific medication and it treats schizophrenia, mania and every possible thing except depression, and i rarely get mania, when i do it usually lasts minutes

Why would they make each answer A?

C A A

>This is doubtful, even medical doctors have no clue how most of the medication the prescribe works.
I will be more specific. True, doctors don't know how each and every med works, and don't know exactly what a given med will do in a given patient, and can't predict exactly whether that patient will use the med correctly or not. The point I was trying to make is that they still know a risk *exists* and that there are always unknowns when prescribing medication.

And I do agree that patients should do their own research and not always just rely on the doc's say-so. Sometimes I tell people to do that and sometimes not. I've known people who think they're smarter than every doc they meet just because they (mis)read some articles, when actually they're fucktards who don't understand what they're reading and take it as a sign that the doctors are all dumb and don't know what they're doing. And I've known other people who caught stuff that their doctor didn't, and it's a damn good thing they didn't just blindly go along.

Exactly.

That's a good question

For number 1 take a closer look at the lines on the side of the pentagonal prism.

as a layman, orientation refers simply to which sex you are attracted to, while a fetish is an object, body part or act that causes sexual arousal.

Pedophilia would be considered sexual deviancy.

Be strong and think about mother.

Are you an undergrad op? Because seriously, unless you get a doctorate your degree is basically worthless. Undergrad psych is a fucking joke. You may as well major is astronomy. I majored in psych but had the practicality to double major with something else that was actually useful.