Hey Sup Forums just wanted to know, if you fall down a bottomless pit, when do you die?

Hey Sup Forums just wanted to know, if you fall down a bottomless pit, when do you die?

>Inb4 OPisfaggot

When you reach the bottom

there is no bottomless pit in reality

Generally when you reach her cervix.

Fucking nigger

hypothetically you'd die of starvation I assume after a while, or of sleep deprivation, or your body would shut down after so much shock and stress from endlessly falling

of starvation

I figure I would just scrape my face into the wall until I am no longer

I'd assume most people would die from a heart attack, if not then perhaps due to too much force onto your body? Dunno exactly

God I hope so, that'd be hella dope brah!

Or punch my self in the kidneys as hard as possible over and over

Space.

More likely dehydration.

>Assuming there isn't an Arby's in a bottomless pit
You'd die of dehydration first faggot

That pit would lead to the center of the earth. You would die from the heat.

Dehydration

die of fun

There is no center the earth is flat

You'd die of hunger/dehydration

When you hit/skid along the wall/s of the pit at terminal velocity enough to stop the homeostasis that is your body being alive. I imagine hitting even a soft dirt surface/face at 9.8 m/s would at least break your arm/scrape a chunk of flesh, if not tear it right off.

Or, when you eventually starve/die from thirst/die from exhaustion (exhaustion, because human beings haven't been documented sleeping while falling at terminal velocity brought on by 1.0 G's, and it's likely that if one of these anons ever fell down a bottomless pit, one of them would have a heart attack while falling).

Go with your niggerbait somewhere else please

You know how meteors burn when they go through the atmosphere? That is what would happen to you. You'd reach a certain speed and catch on fire and burn up

once you pass the event horizon /thread

this is why I visit Sup Forums

9.8 m/s isn't terminal vwlocity, thats just acceleration of gravity on earth

>/threading own post
kill yourself

kek

That would only happen if you fell FROM BEYOND THE ATMOSPHERE.

actually you would die because of air pressure

lol dimwit

Not even close buddy

If it is truly bottomless, you would die of old age or dehydration eventually.

This. 3 days or so.

Or you'd fall asleep, hit you head on the side, and break your neck or bleed to death.

space isn't a pit you fucking lunatic

>Old age or dehydration
40 years without water seems reasonable

Hyperthermia from the wind chill.

you would be cooked to death from the heat as you approached the mantle

Someone doesn't know what terminal velocity is.

>dehydration

why is everyone in this thread so stupid?

assuming its a "bottomless pit" and i repeat again "PIT", a person would die from friction

I'll bite

lets say you fall down a hole similar to your picture. Initially you would get used to falling. You can survive a few days without water. Thats not whats going to kill you. It would be incredibly hard to control how you fall. You would eventually have to strip naked if you didn't want to crap or piss yourself. That would be a bad idea there because heres what I think would kill you. Hitting the sides repeatedly at high speed. If its brick it would be devastating. Imagine hitting the sides over and over again. you could sacrifice your fingers first, if it was narrow you could touch both sides and stay in the middle but after a while that wont work. You will slowly drift towards another side of the wall only to experience a brief short moment of pain repeated over and over again. You will start losing blood. piss and shit would start getting in your scrapes. Your clothes would scrape off, then your muscles, you would b down to bone but you would have passed out

>I imagine hitting even a soft dirt surface/face at 9.8 m/s
>even hitting
>a surface
>at 9.8 m/s

I wasn't equating the acceleration rate of Earth's gravitational pull to the terminal velocity of a human being in "standard" conditions (1 atm, etc). I just said that falling at even 9.8 m/s could hurt you if you collided with any face of the pit, if not outright kill you. Imaging slapping your head against a brick wall while falling at ~21 MPH, and having your neck snap back from the blunt trauma without a means to stabilize yourself.

I mean, if you want numbers... the terminal velocity of the average human being would be between 53 to 72 m/s, arms and legs closed versus arms and legs spread, respectively.

It depends, really. Most likely dehydration first.
If this pit is cold, prolonged exposure to cold wind might make you hypothermic first.

you'd die when I sunk a hammer into your head for asking such a stupid question...clooooon!

>arms and legs spread versus arms and legs closed
I got that ass backwards.

>wind chill
...nigger

think about it guys, excluding things like hitting the walls at terminal velocity which will shatter every bone in your body this is the number 1 reason to die. an infinitely deep hole contains an infinitely high air column. this means that the pressure of the air surrounding you gets higher and higher, eventually high enough that the air becomes a liquid and so on like in a gigantic gas planet. you probably get crushed to death within a day or so. would be interesting to calculate.

Terminal velocity for the average human is around 198km/h or around 118mph fot amerifags like myself.

When you start to see the light

I think this user is right.

Shit. Well, we have some of the variables in front of us already in this thread. Maybe we could work out how long it would take the average user to be rekt like a human turd at the bottom of the ocean.

At a certain point you will reach such a high speed that you will disintegrate and die

Already hit a few logistic issues. If this pit is infinite like you suggest, user... and the atmospheric pressure of the mixture of gasses (air) is allowed to compound and saturate the further down you go... won't this cause both a vacuum to occur at the opening of the pit (assuming it's exposed to the open world/whatever is outside)... as well as cause the infinitely compressed mixture of gasses (air) at "the bottom" to eventually become a singularity of matter... ?

Surely... the pressure would increase infinitely, and create a black hole, right? Would that counteract the force caused by the imbalance between the "bottom of the pit" and the surface due to the heavy/light dynamic?

What the fuck. I think the bottomless pit is actually just an infinitely dense black hole.

After a couple of days, dehydrated

After you done living.

well first, the entrance of the pit can still be under normal conditions at 1 bar air pressure. and while you are right about matter getting compressed until they are in quarks-gluon plasma or even singular form i think we can exclude those extremes because finally we are only interested in when a human would die.
so maybe lets just assume that the hole is deep enough such that there is definitely no hope to reach the bottom.

... Few days?

Can't believe no one got this.. You will die from the lack of air since you're traveling too fast for the air to pass through your nasal passage. That's why most people are encouraged to scream while sky diving so that it increases their heart rate which would need you to get more oxygen which then leads you to breath much heavier so you don't die from the lack of oxygen.

You'd hit the wall and be toast after that bouncing around.

When you die of thirst, or kill yourself.

you die of thirst after a few days. but long before then you will have passed out

but you dont die from lack of air when sky diving at terminal velocity, why would you die when diving in a hoe?

Because you'd be drowning in pussy

in a world with a bottomless pit there is an infinite volume while you fall down there. and infinity in space means infinity in all possibilities. so on his journey through that hole, one might die, but will some time in the future find a way to become alive again. this might repeat until one finds infinite drinking water resources in that hole. then you will live an eternal live and meet all the gods you can think of, since they are real in your infinity volume. you will also fuck your wife and find all books ever written and those who will be written on the walls.

>that moment when krokodil kicks in

Never. The pit is bottomless, you will continue falling

eventually. If there is no end to the pit, you will fall and spend the rest of your life falling until you die of natural causes

Okay. In that case...
We know our relative velocities.
We know our gravitational pull.
We can assume that the mixture present in the pit is an average mixture of surface air (from Earth).
We can make assumptions about the weight of the user who will be falling, and change our velocities if need be. We can make assumptions about the shape and size of this user, if need be, otherwise it could default to what could be the average shape/size of an average human being.
We can make assumptions about the temperature inside the pit, and whether or not it would be static or dynamic (increasingly cold or hot or completely random etc).
I suppose we need to find out how much pressure (delivered by the gas and potentially it's liquid state/s) it would take to crush the average human being, and work out the rate at which the pressure would increase, preferably per meter. Once we do that, I think we could have the "point" at which the user would die, which would help us figure out where to stop for our calculation of atmospheric pressure.
We'd probably also need to determine whether or not the rate of acceleration is enough to cause what would seem like an instantaneous "squish" or violent "splash" of human matter.
I'm guessing, finally, we'd need to do some calculations to determine how dense the atmosphere would get (per meter), which means we'd need to determine or define how wide this pit is. Then we'll know how long, and how far, an user would need to fall down such a bottomless pit to die via being pressed like fresh fruit through a juice press.

Is there anything else we'd need to take into account, assuming the user falls in such a fashion that the nature of the walls (material, etc) would not factor into their death ("straight down")?

Then it wouldn't be bottomless

Have you ever been there? Didnt think so

Bottomless pit like a well? you'll die when you scrape your face against the wall. But an actual bottomless pit with no edges would be like endlessly orbiting a large body, since you are constantly falling toward the gravitational center, while that mass continues to move out of the way. If there's an endless air supply you're falling into, then eventually the stress from the friction from the air resistance would shear off your skin. But if there isn't infinite air but you have some sort of endless rebreathing mask on that also feeds you, you would probably just die from the cold, while you feel no sensation of falling at all.

It might be for all you know. A really, really big one.

you die from NIGGER

I am falling down a bottomless pit. We all are. It's called the trap of existence and we die when we die, and even then we can't be certain we won't just keep plummeting for all eternity.

If this theoretical pit was somehow on earth it would take 3-5 days to die from dehydration (assuming you don't have a backpack full of water bottles). In space without a suit you'd last 3-7 minutes and die of oxygen deprivation. To fully understand what dying in space would feel like, just exhale and don't breath in until it hurts. There's nothing in a vacuum so you can't inhale.

youd die from nerve gas probs tbqh fam

What you're falling down a bottomless food?

A bottomless means you fall for eternity, and on an eternal time-scale, literally everything that can happen will happen. So the answer is you die of everything. You will also become a hamburger, ride a unicorn, have sex with Oprah, etc.

Wouldn't you die from heat and pressure before you starved?

Just because something is infinite doesn't mean that will happen. Die rolled an infinite number of times will never produce a seven.

The one thing that is sure to kill you is dehydration.

Other than that, the air becoming unbreathable, bumping off a wall at very high speeds, possibly hitting speeds beyond terminal velocity, would also pose serious threats. But mostly you'd need to drink something sooner or later.

fucking retard watched one episode of cosmos and is completely wrong. You're trying to describe the poincre reoccurance time, but this is not the way to use that idea. This has absolutely nothing to do with that. You'd die once your ran out of water (3 days), or death from scraping the sides of the hole(20 seconds).

>beyond terminal velocity
>wut

When did I ever talk about starvation? Can you read?

>bottomless pit

Ok faggot but you'd still fall miles and die of pressure before dehydration.

Black hole is bottomless pit

0.333... has an infinite number of repeating digits, however there well never be anything but threes. Unless it was a completely random value such as pi, you wouldn't find every possible number combination. Our universe may be infinite, however there are laws that govern it, and so there may be infinite possibilities, and yet, not ALL possibilities exist.

Considering that you fall in a straight line, without hitting the walls, you would die of asphyxia, because you couldn't breath, besides that, you would collapse or faint because extreme pressure increase,

>Infinite universes, infinite variations on physical laws

Well i would assume that this bottomless pit doesn't cross through universes.

>poincre reoccurance time
Poincare was a dumb fucking nigger kyke

For .333, only the number 3 is a possible number. Other numbers are not possible.
If the universe is infinite, then all possible conditions do exist- and infinite times.

Only because the seven is not a possibility in a 6 sided dice.
If something is infinite, then by definition, all POSSIBLE arrangements/conditions exist.

about the time the sensory deprivation drives you mad as all you're left with is time to comprehend the emptiness of life and ultimate futility of any action as you fall deeper and deeper into an endless void

3 days that is the longest you can last without water fucking idiot

.333... is infinite.

You would bleed to death. All your blood would run out from where your bottom used to be.

You fall for so long you become gay and kill yourself because being gay is bad

Yes, but only 3s are a possibility.