Any thoughts on "Black Goku"? Who he is/what his goal is?

Any thoughts on "Black Goku"? Who he is/what his goal is?

youtube.com/watch?v=neY_uD2nbTU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8JPoVuABDxY&list=PLgC8bdhkEGyuyCqDKe-1JO1vkcIDOkDV2
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>what is /a

dbs is trash m8

Dear lord, and people thought GT was bad. Literally the most retarded thing ever.

the new ark with future trunks is awesome tho

>Any thoughts on "Black Goku"?
Don't really have any, we've only seen him for like 3 seconds, I do like his design though.

Clearly is Goten

Serious guess or trolling?

>black goku
>clearly is goten

he looks white to me

Serious, they have never refered to him as Black Goku, only as Black

If they do an evil Goku then they better do him right.
I watched DBS up until the middle of the universe 6 martial arts tournament. The production is too fucking stupid and boring with crappy Animation so I lost interest. But this looks pretty cool, if done right

he's a makaioshin bruh

Akira said it is goku.

Is Bardock

Pretty sure Akira Toriyama leaked the name "Black Goku" himself on Twitter or some other social media app. Either way, Goku died from a heart attack in that timeline, which means Goten could not have been born and that theory is out.

I was really hoping they'd turn super Saiyan
Whis said there were 6 other universes that Zeno destroyed, so I'm guessing Black is from one of them

If they handle it right, then this arc will have a pretty dark tone to it.
Unfortunately, that won't be the case since the fucking Pilaf gang, Goten, and Kid Trunks are on the title card

You should at least watch Vegeta vs Cabba and Goku vs Hit. Those were definitely the highlights of the arc imo.

this

>toriyama confirms it's goku
>people still staying it's goten
ok bruh

The biggest threat dbz had was the major villains like Vegeta, Frieza, Cell, and majin buu.
DBS literally only had Frieza as a threat so far and only for a little while. Hopefully black Goku will be a big threat too

>"the new ark is awesome tho"
>only 1 episode so far

k

In all seriousness, DBS is just trying too hard to be DBZ. They bring back Freeza, they have another Other World Tournament, it brought back Kaioken, we're about to have Future Trunks again - it's all the ingredients of DBZ but without a good recipe or cook.

You can't just throw some vegetables and a slab of meat on a plate and call it gourmet food, but after the failure of DBGT it looks like they're just doing DBZ fan service and hoping it looks just enough like DBZ for people to watch.

A nigger

"Black" is a makaioshin an evil kaio sama.
He probably took over goku's body in the other world or before he died. There you go fag

I've watched Vegeta vs cabba but not Goku vs heat. My problem with that whole arc is that Goku and Vegeta overpower everyone else by so much, that it drags on for too long. They could've beaten almost all these guys in seconds it they tried but it has to drag on for 20 minutes to make a couple episodes in the arc

Yeah I know what you mean.. That's one of the things I hate about DBS.. the inconsistency. Some of the fights are so badly done that they're humorous and hard to watch, then fights like Goku vs Hit are fucking amazing out of nowhere.

youtube.com/watch?v=8JPoVuABDxY&list=PLgC8bdhkEGyuyCqDKe-1JO1vkcIDOkDV2

This fight is a good example of the former..

Maybe DBS just doesn't work though.

I don't know if DBZ was always this stupid as well, and I and everyone else was dumb enough as a kid to just watch it anyway, but I have no sense of tension or scale in DBS.

Goku and Vegeta are SSB, have the God of Destruction and Creation at their back, and they go off fighting some purple slime or some shit - all so we can get maybe 5 mins of a kinda Goku vs Vegeta fight. Goku can go faster than the speed of light, but is losing to a guy that can stop time for 0.1s. Vegeta can destroy fucking planets at

Well it couldn't have been before he died, because Trunks came to the past after he expired in DBZ. But I like the other world idea :3

I hated that too
It's too hard to get invested in any of the fights except Hit because those guys are pathetically outclassed by Goku and Vegeta.
They never go past SSJ1 because they don't want to show off what they're fully capable of, despite most of Champa's team coming nowhere near SSJ1. Then Vegeta shows off SSB and completely fucks that strategy

This is a consistent timeline to current events. The future is still fucked and we don't know why.

Really? I thought it was stated that it's the same Trunks who came back to the past in DBZ? If not, that changes everything..

And then, these guys that are basically demi-Gods, go off fighting non-threats like that purple slime shit or this Black Goku character. No doubt Black will be stronger than Goku and Vegeta - somehow - and they'll have to use a new form to beat him.

Was Dragonball always this lazy? I remember I hated most of the movies because they were generally just waiting for Goku to go SSj or Gohan to go SSj2, etc., and DBS just feels the same. Even in the tournament, we only got half a Piccolo fight before it went back to Goku and Vegeta. I miss the Android saga where we had 16 vs Cell and Piccolo vs 17, etc.

>watching anime
This site is 18+

>I don't know if DBZ was always this stupid as well, and I and everyone else was dumb enough as a kid to just watch it anyway, but I have no sense of tension or scale in DBS.
Well I started watching Dragonball when I was 15 and I started with DBZ kai. That was all pretty exciting for me so I don't think it's nostalgia

The purple slime episodes were just filler from what I understand, and I admit that they were fucking terrible. But Black Goku actually looks promising.

Am I the only person on the planet who noticed that Black is wearing a Potara Earring and very similar clothes to Vegito?

I just feel that in DBZ, the stakes were always high from the start. Raditz rekt Goku and Piccolo, and they just beat him through Goku's sudoku, but immediately more powerful Saiyans en route. Then they beat them, at the cost of Tien, Yamcha, Piccolo and Ciatzhu and a crippled Goku, and the only way to save them is Namek. Then it's Freeza and how ungodly strong he is... etc. Death always meant something.

In the DBS Freeza ark, Freeza literally killed them all and blew up Earth, and Whis went all "I got you fam" and rewound time. What the fuck is the point now, when Goku and Vegeta are demi-gods and they have actual Gods backing them?

Nope. There's also a new Kai at the end of the episode 47 opening wearing the same colored Potara earring as well.

We'll see, but I'm gonna call bullshit on it if he's somehow stronger than SSB Goku/Vegeta but hasn't destroyed Trunks or Earth, and he hasn't done so through becoming SSJ God.

I noticed, but he only has 1 green earring. Maybe he is an evil Vegito, or he's trying to fuse with Trunks or someone, idk.

Black Goku is the consequence of the alternate Earth created by Beerus through his wish with the universe dragon balls. He appeared immediately after the Earth was restored in Beerus' brother's universe.

You can expect a good Vegeta soon - one much more powerful than regular Goku.

As for how Goku gets to the other universe, it's simple:. He got his own universe's dragon balls.

IT IS the same trunks !

So there is. Well, it's a different color, but they're obviously connected.

That's what I thought..

Ah, my bad. Guess I just assumed it was the same color. I'm guessing that this new Kai must be from Black Goku's Universe or something though.

Well if Trunks didn't warn them about the androids then Goku would not have train as much as he did so maybe the Goten from Trunks future was made sooner because Goku had more time banging his wife.

And he wasn't in in History of Trunks because...?

As a wild guess, it might be an unsuccessful de-fusion of Goku and a kai. With, like, instead of splitting the two individuals up, all the evil went into Black and all the good went into White. Like the Demon Piccolo and Kami thing.

Yeah.. We should already know about everything that happened during that period of time, and Goten definitely didn't exist yet.

Because Toriyama pulled him out of his ass just now.

>Goku died from a heart attack in that timeline
>Goten could not have been born and that theory is out.

And somehow Goku being alive is a more plausible theory? Don't be dense.

this tbqh its like bad deviantart fanfiction even toriyama is embarrassed by it

I kind of feel like that's been Toriyama's approach with this entire series, honestly. Aside from a couple of the tournament fights, it's been extremely lackluster so far. Hoping this new arc will change my mind.

He's from an alternate universe that was destroyed by Zeno.

>Made sooner
That's no how genetics work, user.

If he's from an alternate universe, then an alternative goten is as realistic as an alternative goku.

God damn the animation sucks ass. It's really hard to get invested when everything looks like fan made flash animations from 2003

When exactly did I say that this new enemy was Goku? I asked right in the initial post who everyone thought he was, as well as used quotation marks when referring to Black Goku. Don't be dense.

>Goku got ChiChi pregnatn in future trunks timeline
>ChiChi had Goten without anyone knowing
>Goten ams bad

>And somehow Goku being alive is a more plausible theory?
Have you ever watched Dragon Ball? Are you even aware of what Dragon Balls are?

That too.

Have YOU? Future timeline has everyone dead, including Piccolo, meaning dragon balls are no more there.

Pretty sure planet Nakem and its dragonballs still exist though. Piccolo dying never stopped them before.

Because it's not like other Dragon Balls exist, right? Like on Namek, or the giant space ones, or whatever.

>baitin this hard

Why wouldn't they fix everything with namekian dragon balls then? We still see a destroyed future with everyone dead.

Toriyama does not care about Goten at all.
He would absolutely use evil Goku as plotline way before ever thinking about using Goten for anything

Goten is the sidekick of Trunks and viceversa, the only way Toriyama would use it is this way, but you're right, Goku is the only spotlight of the series.

They don't know where New Namek is.
Plus Earth db's only revive people who died a year ago max, and they never said the Namekian ones work differently with that rule.

Other Dragon Balls exist but with the messed up timeline, they would have no way to get there

Black is just the Universe 6 counterpart to Goku. Just like Frost is a counterpart to Frieza.

He wasn't at the tournament because he was dead at the time but Beerus wish at the end brought him back to life.

The tournament probably happened in trunks timeline as well just with other contestants, so the wish was done there as well.

Trunks timeline is set 17 years from now so Black had 17 years to get stronger and fuck shit up which is what Trunks tries to rewrite now.

Who said they managed to fix anything?

I'm just saying that there bringing people back to life isn't a problem.

Maybe a villain resurrect Goku as part of their "Grand Plan" or something.

I just found it weird that you thought Goku being brought back to life would be so unusual for this series.

So what's your reasoning for Goku being on earth when the Saiyans in U6 didn't go to other planets for conquest.

No he is not, Black is from the past not another universe. Cabba is the Universe 6 counterpart to vegeta and he looks nothing like him. I am guessing there was some voodoo shit to bring him back except evil.

Also, I find that he looks more like vegito than goku

>I just found it weird that you thought Goku being brought back to life would be so unusual for this series.

In the future timeline? I sure as fuck think it's weird, and if you don't, you're basically retarded.

Unless it's Freeza.

And it'll heal their body too... except when it doesn't of course.

But. There. Are. Dragon. Balls. You giant colossal retard.

That can be used by anyone for any purpose.

So you really think Whis mentioning that Universes coming in sets of 3 has no bearing on Black?

Well since he is evil he probably didn't give a fuck about his gay saiyan friends and went on a space adventure.
It's not like his story has to be the same as Gokus. Just something similar like with Frost and Frieza.

>hurr durr muh dragon balls
>they so powerful now they change personalities

Yeah, keep telling yourself that, surely that will somehow make it a less shitty arc.

They have no way of getting them.
They had no clue where New Namek was, which is why everyone stayed dead in the alternate future.
I guarantee you they have no clue how to find the Super Dragon Balls, and if by some retarded chance they did, they'd have no clue how to speak god in order to make a wish

its sets of 2, each pair adds up to 13

They used to be in sets of three until Zeno decided to change it

But still, I dont think he would be from the other universe, because he calls trunk a saiyan as if he was something different.

Cabba from universe 6 still identifies as a saiyan so I dont think he is saiyan and therefore goku's counterpart

>Black is from the past not another universe
The new Opening shows Black and some green Kaioshin from Universe 6.
That makes it pretty obvious that Blacks arc is related to Universe 6.

Green guy could be fully in charge of Goku's actions.
Toriyama said the villain would be someone with white hair. Green dude could have been the Whis of his universe and Goku might have gotten the job for God of Destruction

I disagree, I like DBS. its literally like every other db arc ever.

I still think its more likely that the green guy is a wizard, that resurrected goku.

Reminder of what it could have been, instead they decide to go for "le younger blood artists xD"

And a filter to make it look like it was made in the 90s

I could see that

It's the same color as the ones the Universe 6 Kais wore at the tournament though.

Both ideas are pretty cool.

He was wearing only one earring, is that significant?

He'll fuse with trunks later (i wish) or that will be probably the way to defeat him, finding the other earing and making him fuse with a weak animal or some bizarre shit like they always do.

I think green dude uses it to link to his orange earring.

Wouldn't wearing only one mean he's out of the fusion range or out of the universe or something. Those earring permanently fuse if I remember correctly? But the sayins are strong enough to break?

And I think you should just kill yourself.

If he really is from Universe 6 then he probably wants to fuse with his Universe 7 counterpart to create the perfect fusion. But he fucked up since Goku is already dead in Trunks timeline.

Kinda like with Cell and the androids.

So he's pocketing the other earring to force on someone later? Interesting