Honest opinion of Ghost, GO

Honest opinion of Ghost, whether you love them or hate them, go!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=67dVpgUry7Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They're okay
I'm not really a metal guy but I've listened to Opus Eponymous and it was okay, albeit disappointing because I was expecting it to be more Scooby doo-y than it was

What's YOUR opinion on Ghost?

good music

gay edgy psuedosatanism

swedish vocals

I think they're alright. Fun and tongue-in-cheek. I found out about them since the release of the debut album, and I'm glad they went big. Granted I never listened to the other albums.

Great music, great live performance, the satanist ploy was silly at first, now i feel it's endearing

Love me some occult psychedelic rock.
I liked their first album, the second one lost some of that late 60s rock vibe, the third one is just too overproduced for me.

used to listen to their first album on repeat all day.
got tired of them by their second album.
now I don't care about anything new they make and don't listen to them at all.

scooby doo chase music
youtube.com/watch?v=67dVpgUry7Q

I love it

I don't hate them but I hate some of their fans.

Issues:
* handed around as a metal band – they're not
* obvious gimmick that seems of equal importance as the music to the band
* "occult" lyrics that are supposed to be 3spoopy but are just unintentional hilarious
* as for the music itself: boring, there are better nostalgia bands out there

So there.

Maybe I do hate them.

I love metal and I like Ghost. Not all metal has to be really heavy - If Maiden is metal then Ghost is.

They sound nothing like they look

they do nothing for me. the songs are well written and pretty sophisticated. the vocals suck though and its low energy music to the point that it sounds like theyre bored and jaded

One of those bands who I know just enough about to know that listening to them would probs be a waste of my time.

Ghost is a more black metal band than any other modern bm act

>low energy music to the point that it sounds like theyre bored and jaded
this is my problem with them, they can sound as much scooby doo as they want, but there's no fun.

Indifferent. They're cheesy but all metal is cheesy so I give them a pass. I just personally don't like cheese.

Their cover art is pretty cool looking though

>swedish vocals
what are you getting at?

Commercial image + Commercial music

If you're into that, it's your right. I'm not, however.

While I like the gimmick they got, I wanted something more... substantial. I just wish they had more going for them.

I like them a lot. Meliora is their best album.

Big fan. Meliora is one of my favorite releases of '15.

I find the second record underrated as fuck, it has a good balance of an occult and the typical hard rock/doom metal sound. Opus is solid too, but I got into them later and have yet to explore it like I have the more recent albums.

I'd really like to see them live, I hear their show is great! Their image and anonymity is a decent enough gimmick, but I enjoy the music enough that it's not the only appeal for me.

slipknot-lite

I only like Ghost's very first album, Opus Eponymous. It's their only good album.

I've seen them live twice. First in 2012, then again in 2014. They were amazing the first time because they actually stood still and played their instruments. They treated their set as though it was a church service and never broke character.

Then in 2014 they were fucking dancing around on stage and not even playing their instruments because there were so many backing tracks. It was fucking awful. Now i hate them. they suck, but I remember how good they were when they first started. And FUCK Infestissumam and Meliora. Both those albums suck and are really fucking overrated.

edgy teenager-core desu

Opus Eponymous is straight evil. Everything after that is just gay.

I saw em stoned as fuck back in 2012