Found in my grandmas attic. Thinking of selling it on ebay

Found in my grandmas attic. Thinking of selling it on ebay.
Has a Chinese marking underneath with the year 1790 written on it.
How much should I start the bidding from? I'm thinking $2000.

Nice craftsmanship on that box. I would start at 300 bucks. Bamboo is rare in the market. Extremely rare.

Ask a pro you idiot....

dude its a fucking antique im not selling it that cheap

Dude dont sell it. It's only going to appreciate. Sweet box bro

I saw a 17th Century chinese fingerbox like that go for over $10000 last year, you've hit the jackpot

>box
Not a box at all
>English
>19th century
Edit file name

Op, please read the name of your picture. " Fingerbox-english-19thcent.jpg" nice try man.

Woah, that's one of the first Chinese fingerboxes. Very valuable, you could get waay more than 2 grand for it

Honestly i tried to sell my granddads recently and the market for fingerboxes just isnt very god at the moment. Id hold onto it if i were you.

The thing that really pisses me off is my brother sold our great uncles for 800 dollars a few years ago ffs.

classic 'english' fingerboxes where almost exclusively imported from china you fucking retard

It's English and made in the early 1800's

No. It says made in 19th century.

Trade ya for this one:

Eurasian finger boxes usually sell for at least 4k OP, and based on the year you could easily set the price yourself.

It looks lovely, it'd be well suited to fit in with my collection. Unfortunately I don't have the money right now otherwise we could make arrangements, I do think you could get somewhere around $3-400 though, even with the light scuffing.

fuck off ya mongoloid

19th century is only 10 years away from 1790

This is more your type

i dont understand, whats a fingerbox? what do you do with it?

hello new friend

Didn't you ever have a finger box as a kid?

no ive only just heard about them now. what do they do? are they toys or something?

what the fuck are you guys talking about

Go to an antique store and get it appraised.
I'm gonna guess you wont get more than a few hundred.

Hey fuck you man. Get the fuck outta here with that cheap finger box shit. You know, people like you piss me off, you think that you can just buy a manufactured finger box for less than $50 and talk to the rest of us like it has any realy value. Finger boxes are not mass produced, they are made through tears, blood and sweat. Each finger box represents a family's history and legacy and that is what sets them apart from that cheap shit you posted. No offense user but you will never be a true finger box bearer. You will never be worthy. You will never amount to anythiny in life and your finger will never know the glory of fingering these wonderful objects.

yor chidhod must sucked

All this same-fagging to hook one fish, GG op.

The joke is it is incredibly innocuous, but has a layer of mysticism, because they are labeled as "finger box" which doesn't describe what they are or what they do or what you do with them.

Inside the box is a small shaped bauble. The shape is unknown to you. You reach in and feel it. It's a sensation-thing.

The whole finger box meme is fucking gay and old. All of you fuck off and die. The meme sucked and you know it

oh, so its like a guessing game where you have to guess whats inside the box?

Why sell such an amazing fingerbox?
It looks wonderful, and in good quality for the age. How's the texture inside?

It is less about guessing and more about thinking about it. Perceiving it. Yes, you can guess, but there is no scorecard or anything like that. You feel try to perceive its characteristics. What is is made of? What shapes does it have?

It's just one of those neat little things.

It was never a meme, I'm convinced it was an elaborate trolling circle-jerk. Trolls post, trolls reply, trolls mock, trolls act indignant. No one actually knows who is trolling anymore. It's just trolls all the way down.

oh that sounds pretty cool. i got a little cousin who is autistic and loves touching different things, i think i will try to find one on ebay or something for his birthday soon. thanks!

No user, don't listen to this fag its obvious he doesn't own a finger box. People like him post on this thread alot to confuse the newfags because not even they own a finger box. They even created a fake page on "Know Your Meme" to convince newfags that they aren't a thing. Pretty stupid shit if you ask me but I guess thats what envious people do. And well, in order to know what a finger box feels like, you gotta own one. Its indescribable yet extremely amazing at the same time.

thats not a meme
this is a meme

kek

No user, you're better off letting him finger your butthole. You can't just buy a finger box off of Ebay or Amazon like its just any other piece of merchandise. Finger boxes are crafted by hand and can be a bit expensive depending on the level of skill of the finger box craftsman. If you buy it cheap and from a novice, expect a terrible experience and injuries.

Was his an ebony stained zitan with ivory lining the edges? If so I think I picked up that steal :3

wuts a fingerbox gais

well money isnt really much of an issue, i save my money mostly. do you know anywhere where i can order one?

Fingerboxes with ivory are only going to keep going up in value, you're lucky to have one.

This

English is only a completely different language than Chinese

I fucked your mother

finger boxes are gay now. it's all about finger boards.

Yes! a new direction since the thread started to die, I like it.

There aren't any distributors I know of. A few people out in the redneck Missouri forests have been hand crafting them for years, that's where I got mine. Start your search there, then head up to Iowa if you don't succeed.

No fucking way OP
That shit is insanely rare to find, don't fucking even think of selling it now. Find a pawn shop and see what they think of it.

hey thanks, missouri is realy close to me which is good. hopefully i can find one before my cousins birthday

>
kek. you know which way is up...

lookes like a shity ass hat box that your grandfather cut a hole and and raped