Childish Gambino - Me and Your Mama

youtu.be/_hZCsgcKa-g

Pretty solid, desu.

Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/news/69717-donald-glover-details-new-childish-gambino-album-awaken-my-love/?mbid=social_twitter
youtube.com/watch?v=nDbeqj-1XOo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

album cover?

pitchfork.com/news/69717-donald-glover-details-new-childish-gambino-album-awaken-my-love/?mbid=social_twitter

>01. Me and Your Mama
>10. The Night Me and Your Mama Met
thanks troy

OP's pic related

i was asking because I don't think that's a very good cover. it could grow on me tho

where are my [fire] bars?

I dig it, kinda a reference to maggot brain maybe?

fuk, watch out maro bro

So is Childish Gambino the new Prince, or Blood Orange?

I still feel like Miguel can potentially fill the void that Prince left. He just needs to go deeper with experimenting with more genres.

wtf i hate white people now

Miguwl is just too uncharismatic and suffers from weak songwriting imo. Coffee was a good song but he ruined it by replacing loving with fucking and adding Wale.

Actually he did the opposite.

He replaced fucking with coffee and removed Wale.

This was really unexpected
I think he improves and evolves with every project, I mean compare this shit to Camp
I'm actually pretty excited to hear this after hearing the single

I hated Camp, and I thought BTI was alright. However if his new album is like this then I'm really looking forward to it.

The whole song is very cohesive despite having a lot going on.

I never heard that Wale version. Pretty glad I haven't in all honesty.

It was the original version of the track that was released as a single. The song was originally called Coffee (Fucking) and featured Wale.

When Wildheart was released he cleaned it up for the album.

He probably gave the single version a more mainstream vibe with the sexual shit/mainstreamish feature to get more radio attention, and then put the version of the song that actually fit the vibe of the album onto the album.

Just fuck me up bino

Just listened to it. Glad that he made that choice. "Coffee in the morning" makes more sense than "Fuckin in the morning". Also Wale just ruins the groove of the track.

Whole album's already been played, leak WHEN

Damn, that was nice.

This song is insanely good

As a longtime Gambino truther, this album has me more hyped than anything in recent memory, besides maybe the new Pokemon games

I like it.

FUCK

I need to wait till Christmas to get me some more weed.
Well, at least we will have the full album by that time.

this is fucking brilliant

song is larger than life

Is this a shill for Gambino thread, because this is a beyond generic blues track.

>this guy

Whole album has been played where?

Live I think

Yeah it got played live at his Pharos event, but there was a system in place so that no one could take phones in.

There are people who managed to sneak their phones in and take videos, but it sounds insanely shitty bc it is audio taken from a phone mic at a live show which apparently already had really distorted sound

shit taste desu

Oh look, I found a better version of the track
youtube.com/watch?v=nDbeqj-1XOo

(You)

Kind of reminds me of when RAM had that listening party with super shitty sneak video. I'm really stoked for this I hope it leaks a bit early I don't wanna wait till next month ;-;

>tfw he's giving Danny Brown a run for his money

It's about to be album of the year. But it looks like there's no rapping on it which is kinda depressing.

Wow, you really know your music doncha?

he's a much better singer anyway

tbf it does sound quite proggy, made me think of ITCOTCK and that one from Abbey Road that's 7 mins long

Okay, I didn't really like his first projects. But man he really changed.. Kinda reminds me of Prince a little.

yeah i used to like him, then i started listening to good hip hop. but this is really good.

The reason you guys can't relate to Camp is because it tells the story of a black kid who doesn't act traditionally "black" and all of the shit he has to deal with for not succumbing to stereotypes and being his own person.

But I don't blame you guys, it's a very specific feel.

Beats are pretty shit though desu
BTI is pretty sick though

>2:07 onwards
Fucking magic, what a surprisingly great change

Its fun to see Donald's musical progression. It feels like he's really trying and succeeding to make the best of every style he can create.

Good shit.

Solid stuff.
Liked it.

Totally agree, it's cringeworthy at times and multiple songs are unmemorable or musically generic but the message it gives out resonates with a lot of past experiences I've dealt with and the album creates a sense of emotional vulnerability which fits his personality considering who he is as more of an outcast.

Shuggie Otis out of nowhere half way in

fucking DAMN SON

yeezus killer incoming

dam sun im high as fuck and this is god

>The same man who released Camp made this.
He's actually gotten a fuckton better, I'm surprised.

yo this is incredible in all honesty, he got so much better when he dropped the rapping

thats a pretty minor accomplient