A Tribe Called Quest - We got it from Here... Thank You 4 Your service

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

www118.zippyshare.com/v/jF8TcBMR/file.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

link?

getleaks

Completely blew my expectations out of the water. I'm usually wary of comeback albums and because a lot tend to be underwhelming, I was excited but didn't expect anything amazing.

I was wrong. This is perfect fusion of their old jazz rap sound with more modern production. Everyone's flow is on point. Even Consequence manages to pull off some incredible verses on this, after having a lackluster career post-GOOD Music. Kendrick's verse wasn't great though. It was super short and nothing special.

These are just first-listen impressions so these thoughts are pretty scatterbrained right now. But I loved it.

anyone have a link? getleaks isnt working for me

I fucking hate uploaded.to it's the most annoying download site makes me disable my adblock gives me virus popups and shit and then once you finally get to downloading the zip file it decides "48 minutes" is a logical time

I HAVE 10MB DL SPEED WHY SUBJECT ME TO THIS IT IS 2016

so far I like it a bunch

the can sample on lost a friend is fucking phenomenal

www118.zippyshare.com/v/jF8TcBMR/file.html pls give me ur most lude pics and gifs of charli xcx in return

surely we can help this man

absolutely

9-10/10

Thx senpai.

thanks

"Talk to Joey, Earl, Kendrick, and Cole, gatekeepers of flow
They are extensions of instinctual soul
It's the highest in commodity grade and you could get it today"

The Love Movement is better than this
Wtf

ATCQ is one of the only groups I truly let my spaghetti fall out for, and I was beyond terrified for this album. I'm sitting here in my low end theory t shirt and i couldn't be happier. Really liking the album so far.

it's a posthumous comeback album. the fact that's it's even OK is astonishing. it's not GOAT but I'm digging it anyway. its been a shit year for hip hop but if I had to give a rap album AOTY it'd be this one

AOTY for sure

OMFG Tip is going hard in the first track

WOW track #1.. NICE. dubs it gets BNM

this, mostly. just copped it in the sharethread and started the session. almost done at this point.

well exceeded my expectations. truly enjoying this album.

does The Ego have a sample from The Exorcist buried in there? the creepy background thing?

>mfw

It's fucking fantastic and I only checked this board out for the first time in maybe years to see if there was an active thread about it. Pretty pathetic that there isn't

it normally would if it wasn't for leonard cohen dying. it's just bad timing

Dis Generation, Movin Backwards, Ego, and The Donald were some of my favourites after first listen

Kinda sounds like the music from 2001: A Space Odyssey when he goes through the wormhole

Do you mean "Lost Somebody"?

Why isn't this thread filled with replies?

It's up on Spotify and Apple Music. Shit is cash.

Idk I'm not nuts about it on first listen. It's not bad but it's not amazing. sitting at about 6-7/10 in my mind, maybe that will change the more I listen to it. That andre track was abysmal tho, biggest disappointment so far.

Really good :^)
I thought "The Donald" was gonna be another shitty anti-trump song but I was pleasantly surprised by the closer. Also the samples on Space Program and fucking insane.

what can song is it from?

I'm loving this already.

Is phife on the album?

yee

Is this in FLAC? If not I'll provide a FLAC link for ya'll. Also amazing album definite AOTY contender for me, really loving Melatonin.

>Solid Wall of Sound

>sampling willy wonka in the first track
cheesy as fuck

this shit sucks, i dont know why you guys are deluding yourselves, its nothing like low end or midnight marauders. Its not terrible but its weak as fuck and feels like a cash in

>its nothing like low end or midnight marauders.

You're a fucking moron if you expected that or think anyone else expected that.

It's worse than the two greatest rap albums of all time, what a failure

I thought the album was good but the Yeezy and 3 Stacks features are let downs

busta rhymes is amazing on this

After listening to it once, I'm having a hard time deciding which track I loved the most, but it was a very good. It seemed like a great mix of both the old school hip hop and understandable flow of ATCQ with some more modern production. The samples were also out of this world.

First thoughts - Space Program is the shit, Kanye should just fuck off, Jack White also need to fuck off even more.

>tfw always need rapgenius when listening to a hip-hop album

jack white shouldn't have played guitar on this

I'm gonna hear it now. Is it as good as The Love Movement mates?

Midnight Marauders > The Low End Theory > We Got it From Here... > People's Instinctive... > Beats, Rhymes and Life > The Love Movement

Agree?

Too true

On my first listen and holy crap Lost Somebody got me good ;_; RIP phife

far better

This is fucking amazing as a comeback album, who would know QTip is 70 years old

>Midnight Marauders > The Low End Theory
>The Low End Theory > People's instinctive..

>QTip is 70 years old

This leaves me hungry for a Busta Rhymes renaissance

ELE 2 BOI

Lyrically it's really good but the samples are poor

what did you just say?

Willy wonka, really innovative

I liked that :(

Best shit on first listen:

>The Jimi Hendrixish beat on Movin Backwards (I'm assuming this was Jack White)
>The Fender Rhodes solo on Conrad Tokyo
>copious amount of fake Jamaican MCing (classic Phife + Busta)

Only disappointment is Kendrick's verse.

Is Anderson .Paak the best cocksucker in the music industry? How did he manage to get essentially a solo track on the last Tribe album in addition to singing the hook on roughly half of all rap songs released in the last year?

Get a what account then, pleb.

He got signed by Dr Dre

I had the lowest, lowest of expectations for this. Fuck it feels nice to be proven wrong

I agree 100%. From Phife dying and everyone wanting to be respectful to a legend. From the rise of Trump causing old school hip hop dude to want to come out and say something. From TPAB making jazz-rap hot and old school jazz-rap guys wanting to get their due and the industry wanting to give it to them. This was a perfect storm of a 4.8 album that the entire world says, "It's nice that you tried!" like essentially every other rap legend's return.

Instead we get an amazing album. Ali Shaheed Muhammad deserves particular praise for really staying on the game with the beats.

That would be fucking amazing don't get my hopes up like that

Does thismean they hav had a consistantly good discography?

I personally could never get through Beats, Rhymes and Life.

that cover is atrocious and i tend to dislike comebacks so i was gonna pass on this one, but i've read really good things about it so far so i'm gonna download it

you guys better not be shitting me

Halleluwah

It's legitimately good and maintains that ATCQ vibe. Really impressed with the features minus Kanye since it was just a hook. Imo a perfect sendoff.

I was hesitant too, for the same reason. just did my first play-through and decided to hop on here to see if anyone was discussing it.

Phenomenal album.

where have you been, homie?? shits dope, check it out.

People's Instinctive under this new one, what the fuck? I think it's their best. Their first three is another level than the others thought. This new one is good though

hope they reissue their earlier shit in lieu of this

dying to own those records but they're so fucking expensive second hand

More Charli ass please.

Is English your second language or something

same

man the 320 and FLAC copies are just shitty transcodes from the 256 AAC

>256 AAC

Don't pretend you notice a single difference considering how AAC works

Favorite tracks? I would say The Space Program and Lost Somebody

i'm well aware of how AAC works, that doesn't made the transcodes any less shitty

the copy i'm listening to at least sounds totally choked and muddy

Solid Wall of Sound
Enough!!

Nah.

Midnight Marauders > The Low End Theory > Beats, Rhymes and Life > We Got it From Here > People's Instinctive... > The Love Movement

My serious opinion coming through:

Midnight Marauders = We Got it From Here.... > The Low End Theory > The Love Movement = People's Instinctive > Beats, Rhymes, & Life

Agreed about Ali, man. Dude grand-slammed it.

Idk why everybody hates on People's Instinctive Travels, I think it's one of their best and most abstract works. Yeah, their chemistry may not be as strong as in their later albums, but IMO it has some of the best songs they ever done on it.

>Ali Shaheed Muhammad deserves particular praise for really staying on the game with the beats.

You mean Q-Tip? He's been making great beats for 25 years

he honestly has the perfect voice for rap hooks tho

He's the modern Nate Dogg

Literally being worked on as we speak breh

Ego, Lost Somebody, and The Donald are my favorite tracks so far. Loving the whole thing though

this is much better than I expected it to be, it might even be rap AOTY

I'll be honest man, that my gf

shit bro i didn't mean to impose.

do u mind if i can watch u guys fuck

damn this is GOOD. very pleasant surprise. i love to hear that q-tip still flows like this.

Phife's voice in the intro of The Space Program was just too much for me, I had to pause it and contemplate it. It hit me that the dude's dead.

i'm the opposite, loved it