/yfmoc/

We should stick to polo and hockey, at least there we win finals

German tc pregame studio keeps sucking the germans team cock on a day they don't even play.

I feel genuinely sorry for Messi, having to watch Higuain choke away every final must be heart crushing

Normies barely care about the German team, you expect them to care about others?

After Croatia - Portugal I hope no one is actually excited for this game.

Messi is c-cute. Cute!

There's no way any match will be as boring as POORCRO, if it wasn't Croatia I would have turned it off at halftime.

>Italy's biggest euro victory EVER is 2-0

This match is going to be shit

I believe in 5pa1n

Good evening, m8s.

What's their biggest defeat? :^)

I'm not excited for any match this Euros, they have all been disappointing.

get hyped for another mediocre game haha

>swearing on the BBC

i'm writing a letter of complaint desu.

watching the players wish each luck and talking to each other in the catacombs is the comfiest thing about the entire matches

>all that mutual respect and broship
>Buffon being cute with the mascotte kids

My heart

>no candreva
>de sciglio and eder starting
welp, it's ogre

>catacombs

Interesting word choice.

inb4 stupid questions about the Spanish anthem

I forgot how melodic italies anthem is.

Damn, conte has dreamy eyes

We call them catacombs in german too. What is your name for it? Wummel tunnels?

I never heard anyone call the tunnel "catacombs", it caught me off guard and I spilled my coffee and I'm dying here laughing. Thanks Netherlands.

HYPE af

that's the word a lot of dutch commentators use to describe them, I thought it was the same for most countries but apparently not so

Just the tunnel.

Catacombs made it sound a bit sinister desu.

We only use it to describe old underground cemetaries.

lmao just watching this tournament there's been more rain during matches than in the last 3 weeks here in Newcastle
>french weather

Catacombs are just a network of rooms and winding hallways hidden in or beneath a structure. It's just that in English it has a connotation of it being a place in which to bury the dead

Am I right in thinking that countries have to wear their alternate strip when they're the away side at this tournament?

"Catacombs" here generally implies like, a large, old tomb where tons of dead are buried. Catacombs of Paris, for example.

what the fuck the rain completely drenched a pair of pants I left in my bedroom !! fuck its drenched now

THIS RAIN

How does rain get into your bedroom?

alri

How in the fuck?

I leave my bedroom window open and forgot to close it as i was in the living room and when I came home it didn't rain

alri

>foreigners will never experience the joy of good Indonesian food

I feel so sorry for you

>shitder

It's not so much a connotation, that's the core meaning in English.

I'm always going to think of the word now though whenever I'm waiting for players to come out of the tunnel.

Why the empty seats, I'd thought people would snap tickets for this game, even neutrals

velux window?

notice the corridor between the seats? the seats near the pitch are the most vulnerable ones, people just walked up

You'd have to had bought the tickets in advance of knowing who was playing though right?

fucck

no I have tall windows and the rain just went on the floor near the window. it didn't touch all of my room. like my windows go up to my ceiling

That save

Oh fug, you're right

Well, in Dutch it means what I described

The etymology comes from the name of a region where Romans buried a lot of people, I just looked it up. So I guess we're misusing it

That wouldn't work, how would you know if your team was playing or not, clearly it's mostly Spanish and Italian fans there

Conte looks so based

alri

Oh, damn.

SPAGNA CULONA

Which team do you want to win and by how many do you want Italy to win?

I think we've all seen these episodes before

Italy should really score here, Spain is not going to play like shit the whole game.

De GOAT

Oh right, so those ppl are standing up higher on the stairs out of the rain? Makes sense thanks

Italy are going to have to lose I'm afraid, I don't want England to face them in the semi final.

Yuro football match of countries?

I don't think we're necessarily misusing it. It's a bit tongue in cheek. Catacombs are ritualistic places and the atmosphere before big matches is often eerie. It's also often pretty dark compared to outside, so if you walk out you feel like you just came out of a cellar or something.

footy under the rain is better tbf now its sunny and shit

Conte rocking that FBI styling

cesc must be the only player slower than de rossi

Italy look genuinely better than any other team this Euros.

>Spain, I'm cia

The great wall of Italy

if only they could score a goal

Please Italy win this so we can finally break our curse.

They know what they are doing

Germany's still better.

If we win, we break the curse, if we lose, lots of banter on Sup Forums. It's going to be fun either way.

A team with germany's attacking play + Italy defensive rigor would be the GOAT

there's no way italy-germany could be boring

Germany just needs better fullbacks. Boateng and Hummels are world class.

so Spain 4 years ago?

Same, we call them tunnels as well.

CHELSEA
H
E
L
S
E
A

>just bathed in the sun naked while listening to game
good comfy
I guess it is an ironic thing for our countries.

Yes.

it's not about the two defenders. It's about the whole team mentality. like you don't know how much a defense like this requires, the whole team moving like one block made of multiple lines, left and right. truly great

yea basically

No team puts me to sleep quite like Spain

where is torres lads

>sunbathing naked
>this flag

Typical

Germany has the potential to repeat their success.

I know what you mean, it's indeed impressive. But what about that loss against Ireland?

holy moly

Italy definitely should have scored in the first 10 minutes, it's going to be 50/50 now.

We didn't concede any goals in the tournament so far, though. Not that it means much, when the most dangerous opponent was Poland and Ukraine had too many good chances. But our offense only really started to click in the last match.

cant wait for these meme corners at the bridge lads

Wew Ramos

I wish Germans would wear swimming trunks when they leave Germany.

no buffon

Italy is outplaying them hard

Dubs and it goes in

I really miss Pirlo.

Here we go

haha lmao

GOAL

YES

WEW LADS

ITALY ITALY ITALY you did it you madmen!

Noice

Spain is putting zero fucking effort into this

>De Geya

kek what a shit goal
typical Italy god damn