Well this is pretty cringy, but at least it can't get wo-

>you say god, I say satan!

W E W
E
W

Damn...

#noided

t. satan

When did the ruin of Marilyn Manson begin?

It begun, like so many things, from a conceited attitude - an attitude that attempted to replace the role of a mere frontman who had little-to-no involvement in actually writing worthwhile music with that of d'Artiste. The worst thing to happen in his career was success. Brian, before he screwed over his songwriters and partners, at least felt somewhat genuine early on. Twelve years ago, I thought we would be listening to frail, lo-fi acoustic music that lyrically dealt with the world's dilemmas similar to the stuff he did as b-sides for Holy Wood. Instead what we have are attempts at reliving his former glory that aren't much better than my pitbull administering a failed abortion. It amazes me that there is still an audience whom vehemently defend this celebrity and his career choices.

To what an extent Marilyn Manson attempted to take on art, imitating or rather ruining it, can be seen from the fact that he is mostly found in the art which seems to require least original invention, the art of pure controversy. But even here, in reality, he is only a 'juggler,' or rather an ape; for even here he lacks the last touch that is required for real greatness; even here he is not the creative genius, but a superficial imitator, and all the twists and tricks that he uses are powerless to conceal the inner lifelessness of his creative gift. The echelons of Reddit and Tumblr most lovingly helps him along by raising such a roar of hosannahs about even the most mediocre bungler, just so long as he "is" Marilyn Manson, that the rest of the community actually ends up by thinking that they have an intelligent artist before them, while in truth it is only a pitiful wash-out. Just a copy of an imitation, indeed.

All in all poor wittle Binny is nothing more than a male Lindsay Lohan, a charlatan and a third-rate intellectual, a pygmy of thought if you will, who no one took seriously. His followers were mostly nerds and social drop outs, the impressionable kind who would readily take up a Scientology personality test if they thought it would give them a sense of belonging. Many of his followers are now just obese egocentrics obsessed with the idea of celebrity, their pitiful 'rituals' now resembling more a LARP event than anything to be taken seriously. The only people who bother reading into his intellectual tripe these days are pretentious Mansonites at the Nachtkabarett: the type of cretin who wont read anything unless it has Manson's seal of approval.

One wonders how these pathetic sacks of human refuse find the will to even bother getting up in the morning. But if they're still too bone idle to do that, or too thick to get themselves a library card, they could try Wikipedia.

*say10

I dunno man, I can appreciate the aesthetic

His earlier stuff is undoubtedly better, though

its probably because marilyn manson is a weird little fuck who really accidentally got famous enough to fuck his waifus and he admits on interviews even though he fucks 5 times a day he has to leave some pants on the whole time because he feels too uncomfortable to even continue otherwise

He did too many drugs and became autistic, During the Antichrist superstar days he was actually really intelligent and calculated. I think he legitimately developed autism during or after Holy Wood

His aesthetic is kind of just a mediocre rehash of what he's always done. It's sort of the stock image equivelent of Marilyn Manson

He is aging like shit.

Really makes ya think

He's nearly 50, man.

I think even teenagers today consider this shit edgy

Like always, it's tongue in cheek.

>People will freak out over this when hundreds of black/death bands do and say things far worse

kek glad this ugly idiot takes all the helicopter mom lawsuits off of us.

>My interests as a teenager can pretty much be boiled down to three obsessions: Final Fantasy, Marilyn Manson, and Jhonen Vasquez. It's almost funny how all three hit the same wall at once in the first couple of years into the Zeroes. (That is what this rotten decade will be known as. History will prove me right.) Marilyn Manson, floundering in the mainstream, coked out beyond all sense, and having alienated the people responsible for his rise to stardom, puts out Holy Wood, in which he demonstrates he no longer has it in him to do another Antichrist Superstar by trying so desperately to prove to everyone that he does. Jhonen Vasquez explodes into mainstream pop culture with Invader Zim, ensuring that he'll never go back into indie comics and can spend the rest of his life growing fatter and fatter off the sales of all the Gir T-shirts they're still peddling at Hot Topic. And Final Fantasy at last bloats into something that can no longer support its own weight. All three spend the rest of the decade sliding farther and farther away from relevancy.
>...
>No doubt about it. Vasquez definitely had the right idea.

At what age do you think he'll quit? Or will he change his style? It seems weird to go on being a shock rocker after, like, 55.

can Marilyn Manson just fuck off.

the only people that he is popular among these days are "alternative" teenage girls who want to be different end edgy

We had a thread when this video was released a few days ago and pretty much all the posts were positive. So that's not true.

I don't think he is a shock rocker.

this

reminder to say no to drugs

I think he looks quite good all things considering, those are obviously bad pictures picked out of a 50 year old rockstar. It wasn't drugs that made him gain weight, it was alcohol. Even with the weight gain, he's far from fat.

This made me laugh harder than it should have. I'm assembling a panel of top scientists to find out why.

Edge is good

you say god, i say....

... SATAN!!!!

\m/-_-\m/

I don't really give much of a fuck for the video clip, but I like how it sounds. That's all that really matters to me

With Tyler Bates & Twiggy working together and considering how good Pale Emperor was, I've got high hopes for Say10.

You say god, I say satan

95% of teens these days listen to the same crappy deity over and over again. If you're one of the 5% who still listens to real fallen angels, thumb this up, then copy & paste it to at least five videos. Don't let the spirit of luciferianism die!

Marv Meensen

Literally the type of person he has made fun of for decades, but I guess you wouldn't understand that since you only see his image.

holy mother of fucking checked

Fuck yeah, same here. He's been hyping it up too, so i'm excited.

What is this garbage? Where's the release of Groupie already?

if he really wanted to be edgy he'd this video with the Quran

He's way too safe to even consider that and you know it.

this is the edgiest shit ever

mayne this would sound really cool if i was 13

Brutal fucking murder

Does anyone even listen to this faggot anymore?

Is this the new shit?

After giving AC SS a re-listen last month, I now kinda of want him to go back to his industrial roots. Pale Emperor sounded like a blues album, which I guess it was intended as.

He grew up in a Christian school, not a muslim one.

I do feel that MM is Death Grips of my teenage years.

And? "Desecrating" the bible has already been losing it's shock value cuz it was culturally untouchable several years ago, now it's the Quran that's too holy to touch.

What's next, ripping up Torah?

Guys............ I actually enjoy the song.....
:/

I think for that he would go to jail for sure.

He's not doing it for shock value.

"you say Jehovah I say atheism m'lady"

This picture triggers me more than Say10.

Then what, "protest?"
Does he wanna be to Trump what Green Day was to Bush?

I want to believe this whole thing is to make fun of leftists.

Poor man's Rob Zombie desu

I'm talking about the bible tearing. He said both candidates were shit, so he wouldn't vote. Who knows how much he actually had to do with the video.

Like comparing Suspiria to Halloween.

He keeps tearing apart the bible in the video and it keeps reassembling itself. Likely on purpose. Eventually he moves on to Trump.

Rob Zombie is even worse now. At least musically.

I thought they hated each other, does this mean theyve patched things up?

Yeah me too. I was never a fan and the lyrics don't do much for me but its got that sick edgy sound that I never quite grew out of.

>>When did the ruin of Marilyn Manson begin?
As soon as he stopped being Trent Reznor's bitch, he is wildly untalented and not creative.

Not biased at all ofc. Not heard any of the pre-Reznor versions at all ofc.

But he released his best album after Reznor stopped being involved.

Roli Mosimann version of Portrait lacked energy tho. He tried to record Manson like he was performing early Swans material.

>trump won the election and the liberal tears won't stop flowing

amazing.

It was posted before the election and he compared the candidates to cat and dog shit. He wasn't leaning one way over the other. Only time he has voted was for Obama the first time around.

Goes to show how the media likes to ignore people who desent BOTH big candidates, and then their wall street token fails.
Tis an absurdly bittersweet election.

where is his chin?

just finished reading his book like 4 days ago, and i'm pretty perplexed by all the unexplained dick sucking
Like every now and then he will write about a story that involved someone getting their dick out on stage or something and he would just literally suck their penis for no discernible reason
Overall it was just way to edgy for me, I really don't get why he's so obsessed with everything gross and depraved. Every chapter has a reference to feces, puss, self mutilation. like that book is the opposite of snuggling up in a blanket after a shower

make rock music edgy again

> black/death bands do and say things far worse

Not anymore. This is the face of black metal now. Death metal is dead

Those two middle pictures at the top make him look like a school shooter

this made me chuckle

I don't think his book had that much gross/weird stuff. There was some, but it didn't really involve him.

Cringed haaaardd.. Damn dude got fat

that was both the worst and the best thing ive heard all year

It's complicated. They patched things up, sort of. They collaborated in a music video once but since then they haven't been particularly friendly, nor angry at one another.
Oil and water.

They patched things up in 2001, but that lasted for less than a year. Now they say they have no interest in being friends again, but they both respect each other.

to think that this guy used to bang Dita Von Teese, Evan Rachel Wood, Stoya, Rose McGowan and Jenna Jameson all at their prime.

Well, to this day, he's constantly popping up in fashion magazines and shit hanging out with hot, famous people. Apparently, he's just really likeable.

Cringeposts.

Marilyn Manson was perfectly good up to and including Golden Age. He is after all just an entertainer.

The mediocrity didn't come until he continued putting out records into an era that no longer cared much for rock music like this. The ideas were too familiar and the difference between the first releases were much more dramatic than the middling later albums.

MM actually made a decent comeback with Pale Emperor which showed that he had matured and it was looking hopeful that he was going to pursue a more considered direction.

All this said, I can't even click the video as with a name like Say10, I'm pre-cringing and can't go through with it.

He shouldn't have bothered with this shit.

Maybe listen to it first, if you liked Pale Emperor, you'll probably like the teaser.

“Either way [Nov. 8] goes, the visuals are meant to create contemplation. Because it’s obviously bigger than just the election. It’s about the desperate acts of people who believe something that is preached by an unbeliever.”

"The record is very political, socially and sexually. It deals with things I’ve talked about a lot but may not have sung enough. I work best when I combine imagery and words, rather than just words alone."

“Right now we’re in such a state of confusion when it comes to religion, politics, sexuality, and how they all tie together, and it’s being turned into a circus and a sideshow—and that’s something that I’ve been described as a ringleader of,” Manson adds. “It seems like a time for me as an artist, and as an American artist, to make something that causes a new set of questions to arise that aren’t simply statements.”

"I just needed a little reminder, and that was this election."

Indeed. His interviews are something else.

Not even a single week has passed and we already have the floodgates opened.

Prepare for a new generation of "fuck da govment! fuck donald trump"core.

Maybe Green Day will make a comeback

Based

Lots of great music was created because of Bush, is that really such a bad thing?

really? i thought he was notoriously unlikeable

to work with, not to party with.

It was about as bad as I was expecting.

Even worse is the anti Trump gay shit.

>tfw Manson's creative ideas are limited to wordplay now
>tfw you realise Manson is showing early signs of dementia

his mother had it.

When I was a sodium!!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=A1_hdM1NGf4

Alice Cooper is still going strong