Ask a guy who has mild schizophrenia anything

Ask a guy who has mild schizophrenia anything.

You posted this. Yes me. Who? I you me. What?

What symptoms do you suffer?

Clever.

A lot of the symptoms are similar to bipolar depression, but more exaggerated. It sort of feels like my brain flickers on and off sometimes. I'll experience periods where I'm catatonic, for example.

The worst symptom is hearing things that aren't really there. I seldom hear voices, actually. I usually hear crying and growling noises. It can be terrifying.

Do you hate human beigns in general?

I have schizoid personality disorder. Its not fun either, but you have my sympathy as yours is clearly much worse.

I don't hate people, I'm just usually more comfortable when I'm not around them.

Thanks, man. I manage mine reasonably well. I'm not institutionalized or anything--at least not yet. That's really the scariest part for me. I don't want it to get worse.

Are you medicated? How do you cope?

I know schizophrenia is psychotic disease, when you hear the sounds do you know they are just hallucinations

When did you first developing symptoms and what sort of symptoms did you initially go through? I have a fear of losing my current mental state.

I do know and I don't know. I try to remind myself that they're not real, but they are real to me. If that makes sense. With medication and hard work, I can usually convince myself the sounds are just hallucinations, but I have to convince myself.

It doesn't help that my mom was a religious nut job when I was growing up. She used to tell me it was the devil, etc. as a young kid, I internalized a lot of that rhetoric. I don't believe it now, of course, but there are residual effects.

I was around 16 or so when I started hearing things. Although, my folks tell me I had an unhealthy fascination with imaginary friends even as a young child.

And losing your mind is definitely one of the most terrifying possibilities there is, I think.

Have you tried killing yourself? or thought about it?

Sorry, I didn't mention the specific symptoms.

Around 16, I became increasingly isolated. I already was kind of a loner, read a lot, played video games, that sort of thing.

Things got heavy when I started hearing things, mostly women crying and this really horrifying guttural growl.

After that, it became harder and harder to differentiate between fiction and reality. Stories and television would seem as real to me as real life. It sounds stupid, I know, but even cartoons would seem like the most real, reasonable narrative.

Have you ever had a job?
If yes what is it and still working or the disease caused you to lose your job?

I've never tried, but I've thought about it a lot. Not everyday, but when things get bad, the thought definitely occurs to me.

The worst part for me is feeling like a burden to the few people I actually care about. Not to mention it's really difficult to sustain meaningful relationships. I really only have one close friend and a dog.

Believe it or not, with medication I was able to stabilize enough to get a Master's degree. I taught college English for a while, but things eventually got too bad. I've been living on savings ever since. And they're running out.

Can you make up the personality of a girl and send her my way?

Wow, that sounds really tough to live with, sorry you have to go through all of that, but I'm guessing it's just normal to you now.

I don't think I've experienced anything like that, and I'm pretty good and reminding myself about what -is- and what -isn't-.

Have you tried meditation also? It really helps with understanding the present moment and properly being in it. It could possibly help with your difficulty to differentiate between reality and fiction.

Haha. Women make the highs higher and the lows more frequent, bro.

Thats not strange dude, i know a doctor whowas diagnosed as schez., he has master's degree and work in his private clinic treating patient till now,.

Thanks, bro.

To be honest, it does sort of start to feel normal after a while.

And I haven't tried meditation; although, you're not the first person to suggest it. I don't know why I've never given it a shot. I guess I've sort of resolved myself to things.

Could you recommend a good video or something similar about it?