>mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22

Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb

Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed)

old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/wh4d2crt
discord.gg/VTa4jC4
youtu.be/A_2ijnEcDcY
youtube.com/watch?v=Sem_3Gm3n48
youtube.com/watch?v=nvj7hwbpj6U
guitarcenter.com/Used/Ibanez/RG321-MH-Solid-Body-Electric-Guitar.gc
youtube.com/watch?v=14AEN-0rfhc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Daily reminder to be good members of the /gg/ community. Don't shitpost. Don't respond to shitposts. If you see a newfriend actin' silly smack that bitch

board postin time

here's mine

;_;

pls no bully

you need 1 string for doom metal, 2 for black

ha ha, buncha idiots with all these expensive pedals

>reverb before distortion/fuzz

Why?

Inb4 meme machines

We already have pedal posters

Probably some shoegaze thing.

Do you brush your hair with your pedalboard?

Is it safe to buy Guitars online?
There are only 2 local shops in my area and none of them have the stuff I want, but I don't wanna buy a guitar without trying it first, is it safe to only go buy word of mouth and a few video demonstrations? Especially if buying used?

Posted at the end of the last thread. No reply.

Short story: bought left start for $300. There was a squire jaguar for $400 at the shop. Is it worth it? Should I return the MiM and get the Jag?

it gives a dreamy spacey tone and also that kind of thing pissed you guys off

no

>offset guitar
>pedalboard
do you brush your hair with cocks?

I know I'm quite a few years late on this meme guitar, but is there really that much of a difference in playabiltiy and quality between the $1000 dollar Jazzmasters and the $500 Squier ones? Should I just get a Fender neck at some point to hide my shame?

post some of your music. That is a shitload of pedals interested to see how you use them.

I do
not him

>le offset and rare pedul omg it means ur a FAGOt! xD
I bet you can imagine EXACTLY how I dress and what I play too, right?

Let me repel your faggotry with some jazz

clyp.it/wh4d2crt

Buying a new local-made fuzz next week until then I'll just repost this old ass pic.

god man your setup is amazing m8

Different user, sounds like shit. Jazz sounds best dry, or with the tiniest amount of reverb at most.

It's just some friendly bantz. Turn that dang tremolo down a bit. It's getting in the way of the nice jazz
Tell me more

Turn that tremolo down man, sounds awful.

The pickups on the 1000 dollar Jazzmaster (Classic Lacquer I presume) are actual american Jazzmaster pickups and the tailpiece is in the vintage position which will get your that JM sound.

I'm gonna assume by 500$ Squier you mean the J Mascis, which has the tailpiece closer to the body for more sustain and P90 pickups, it doesn't really sound a lot like a Jazzmaster but its still a great single coil guitar.

The quality is a lot shoddier, but nothing that will make it unplayable, and the neck on the J Mascis is godly.

>Should I just get a Fender neck at some point to hide my shame?

You should get a good set of balls you fob.

Literally everyone shits on my jazz tremolo. I like it, dry jazz sounds dead to me. Too much depth in that rec though, I admit it.

>Do you brush your hair with your pedalboard?
It's a combination of me having long faggot hair and having 3 cats

THE GREAT DEBATE

WAX POTTED VS MICROPHONIC

which is better and which guitarist do you know of who uses either of them.

been using microphonic in my strat for years, they definitely feel more in your face but sitting next to the amp makes the noise annoying as hell

>long faggot hair
Post boipucci?

Yeah, I'm fine with the tremolo itself, but the depth is just too much

>THE GREAT DEBATE
>PROPERLY MADE OR DEFECT
I think I'll take pickups that work correctly and don't come defect by design, thanks.

>properly made or defect

you realise they're exactly the same right? the only difference is one is dipped in wax.

>only difference is one is dipped in wax.
Which prevents it from becoming microphonic, which could easily be described as a defect.

>which could easily be described as a defect
but it's not, and never has been, lol, it's a preference.. but keep thinking that if you want, you can tell Clapton and Bonamassa all about it.

Got a new pedalboard today, r8 pls

ur jazzie a sexy
sexy i say

hey buddy

we gon jam this weekend?

discord.gg/VTa4jC4 for anyone else whos interested

man I used to like the Rocket so much but then Devi turned into the most annoying man in the world.

>but it's not, and never has been, lol, it's a preference..
>everything is subjective lelelelel
"No"
If you had wax potted pickups, left your guitar in the car in the summer, the wax melted and they became microphonic you'd call that a defect. The fact that you buy shit that is defect by design doesn't change that.

The guy who makes the pedal? I'm not really familiar with him, but I love my rocket

yeah i used to like my house but it turned out the architect was a bit of a douche so i had to move

The less you know the better.

I used to like doing your mom but her son is a bitch.

Do you play pop punk?

>source: me

d-dad?

distortion is essentially a defect. People discover new things by breaking shit all the time. What's your point.

sure thing my main man pete ;)

>If you had wax potted pickups, left your guitar in the car in the summer, the wax melted and they became microphonic you'd call that a defect.

of course, because in that case i wanted my pickups to be wax potted.

the fact that you didn't know that having pickup be wax potted is an option, not a necessity just shows how much of a newb you are. and no retarded analogies you come up with will change that.

>the fact that you didn't know that having pickup be wax potted is an option
Why do you think I didn't know that? You just assumed that. I just call them defect because they essentially are.

Nah.

Yes it is. That's why tube amps are retarded and defect by design as well.

>Yes it is. That's why tube amps are retarded and defect by design as well.

It's not a defect if it's design. That's not what defect means.

You're just baiting at this point anyway. Or at least I hope you are.

>Why do you think I didn't know that? You just assumed that

because you're calling it a defect

>Defect
>a shortcoming, imperfection, or lack.

the only difference between the two is the wax potted is dipped in wax to reduce the noise, which is taking something away from what it would normally be, in other words it lacks it's original tone. so essentially a wax potted pickup is a defect :^)

youtu.be/A_2ijnEcDcY

can someone help me figure out the chords in this song? I've been trying to get this for like 3 days and nothing sounds right

How do you guys decide on what genre music to make?

I have a. pretty diverse taste and have demos for different genres but I can never decide on what to focus on

I only listened to the first 40 seconds

So far it's Cmaj and then Bmin

You can probably use that to figure out the rest if there is

Post said demos. We'll tell you which genre you're best at.

Why would you ground yourself to a genre, just make whatever and decide what the genre is afterwards.

I personally start with some idea, and the rest of the song usually creates itself in a series of creative outbursts that happen every once in a while.

would have to be in G major then

I would but they're really bare bones
As in chords sequences and/or melodies/riffs recorded on my phone

Some of them are really different styles to others so I'm trying to decide which batch I should starts working on first

I got ideas for some stoner groove metal/rock, indie shoegaze pop, depresso folk and some others I'm not even sure about

I wanna get around to all of them but I don't know which one to start with

Not trying to famalam, like I said to the last guy I want to have them in separate projects but am not sure where to start

Opinion on this squier tele?

The best idea at this point would be to just pick one at random, work on it until you get tired of it, and then pick another, and just alternate between a few of your select ideas.

it's pretty interesting. seems like something Jim Root would've designed but also maybe not.

How much?

What should I do to get close to Bathory's early guitar tone? I'm using virtual amps and I'm a complete retard at everything mixing related.

Something like these two songs is what I have in mind.
youtube.com/watch?v=Sem_3Gm3n48
youtube.com/watch?v=nvj7hwbpj6U

Should I just find something like a Marshall and crank the distortion and treble, and have no bass and middle?

What's the best affordable guitar?

My son is turning 10 in a month and he's asking for me to gift him one of my guitars but I want him to get a brand new one.

I'm thinking something like a Yamaha Pacifica or a Squier Strat. Any suggestions?

pacifica are p good

also squier classic vibe

>Tell me more
I have a BC Rich Warlock

Smh bangu. Private message me, Pete banned me.

Posting my rig.

>$2,000 guitar
>$100 amp
for what purpose

Its his squier signature, 400 usd, his fender tele is 1200

5+ year bass player here

where the fuck do i start with guitar
any recs for songs to begin with?
other essential things?

it's completely all right to buy online. just buy from dealers with a solid return policy and-
>Especially if buying used?
very risky. don't bother.

When I switched to guitar I struggled with different types of picking so maybe work on learning how to properly strum a guitar?

I bought a guitar from Sweetwater and it arrived perfectly setup and without any issues.

I lost my job a month ago.

I'll be damned if ever sell the guitar though.

What's affordable? What's your budget for amp and guitar. The amp is just as important desu

>bass
>picking

AAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHHH

>Sweetwater

They literally never set up the intonation on any of the guitars I've bought from them.

Around 200 bucks for the guitar. I'm planning to give him a Fender Champion 20 that I bought a long time ago but don't use anymore.

I though those were $700-900

Huh? Weird, I bought a bass off them two years ago and it came properly set-up and intonated.

That sucks.

I only bought from them once but the guitar came perfectly set up.

I paid 850 for it. The knobs were added on later, the stock ones were boring.

I don't. Which is why I have a big bunch of guitarpro files you can't turn into an album. Can't is the right term though, but it would be weird having a math rock song, a classical-like song and a blackened slam death metal song coming one after the other on the same album.
Get a band if you can't focus on something.

>I'm a complete retard at everything mixing related.
You're in luck, that's the actual reason first wave/second wave BM is produced like ass.
Don't cut off all the mids, that's going to sound like shit, but you need to leave some space for that huge bass tone behind.
You do need highs but not full on, 10 on the knob highs (unless you want to sound like Filosofem)
Other than that, mess around, unless you want to do some covers there's no real point in having the same overdone BM tone.

If you don't mind buying used you can get him a decent fixed bridge Ibanez RG for $200. Like this one, really solid guitar would even gig with one now.

guitarcenter.com/Used/Ibanez/RG321-MH-Solid-Body-Electric-Guitar.gc

Otherwise a Pacifica or Squier Standard (avoid affinity models) will be a fine guitar.

Peavey amps have very punchy mids that deliver the Bathory tone well. Otherwise buy a RAT pedal. It's basically the conventional raspy tone you want for the genre.

Thanks for the suggestion!

What's wrong with the Affinity series?

But they give you candy, stop complaining.

What's the verdict on the 6505mh, is it really as good as the big boy, I'll be running it through a mesa vintage 30 2x12 btw.

I have one, it's not quite the same as the big one, but if you like the sound it's good enough.

Thats the amp I ha before I lost my job. It was just okay. The clean channel is shit. Distortion channel is great. Reverb is really sterile.

Affinity is bottom of the barrel Chinese quality. See if you can get him something small like a Squier mustang, I know GC used had a couple for under $200

If I rapidly insert my 1/4 guitar cable in and out of the input on my amp will it eventually have an orgasm?

i'll tell you later

Are Bullets worst? They are cheaper.

Yes, that or you could "blow" the speaker

the problem with Ibanez is that the RG has a very flat neck, some people hate it and I can imagine a child would have even more issues than someone with regular, grown hands.
but again, everyone is different, there's 10 years old playing some rare Petruccis
youtube.com/watch?v=14AEN-0rfhc

I think if he wants him to gift you one of your guitars, the best would be to buy something close to what you have, especially if he has already got his hands on it.

affinity series isn't that garbage compared to bullet, or Ibanez GIO, these two are by far the worst.

Yes they're horrid. I had one and I couldn't wait to get rid of it. Pickups were cheap sounding and weak, the paint is just a layer of poly plastic, neck feels just like a cheap neck off a knock off strat. That being said the only Affinty that's pretty good is the Telecaster, pickups are ok for what they are and the unglossed neck gives it a pretty good feel