Is music objectively better when you're high

is music objectively better when you're high

DUDE

WEED

yes

This

And yes user.

No, i find it impossible to focus on the music and it all sounds like voices in my head.
t. Schizophrenic

yes

Do you also get paranoid

This question evinces a fundamental misunderstanding of what the word "objective" actually means.

no, some music sounds better sober
main example i can think of is Thelonious Monk

I wouldn't say objectively. Drugs can steer your mind away while listening or help you focus more.

I was really stoned one night, went out for a cigarette, thought I'd listen to Bridge over Troubled Water for the first time. Just the first track, my God, it was so beautiful. It felt so crafted with how the piano and other strings were arranged and I could feel the emotion in Simon's voice. Idk, music is definitely different when you're high, and at least for me, it's easier to pick out the layers of instruments and vocals, putting it all together. The lyrics stood out a lot when listening because the use of the metaphor was so poignant, relevant, and interchangeable how he used it. I did cry a few tears.

>Is it better?
No, if you think that then your an idiot.

>does it help to hear the music in a different way?
Yes

>DUDE WEED

Gives you a different perspective on the music. Not necessarily better. Sometimes it sounds worse or you can't concentrate on it or it completely goes through you, or sometimes it can take you somewhere you never thought that song would take you, or everything can seem to be more detailed or you can pick out things you've never heard before. I personally prefer listening to music with drugs but again, it's not necessarily better

why can't that different way be better for some people

your

This. I'm definitely more perceptive of the minor details in songs while high.

life is objectively better

Drugs are part of life, so one cannot be objectively superior to another.

>someone asks a simple question related to drugs
>edgy SxE teens spam memes in full force
shaking my head, also the answer is yes

why do you post this every day?

I like weed but this album title is incredibly cringy for some reason, I can't even fully process why too.

what does SxE mean? not one of the above posters.

whenever im really high, i can kinda hear separate voices in the music saying undesirable things that spring me into a panic. im not schizo am i?

its perceptional, so no.
but maybe for you if you wish.

Straight Edge.

of course not, because being high is a subjective experience

Only sane answers ITT

Nope.
Too stoned to get scared

bro pot lol

sounds about right
allowing myself to zone out means that when I tune back in, it's often to a particular sound, instrument, beat, or melody that I've never taken the opportunity to dissect before
good feeling

unfortunately I'm equally as likely to ignore everything

You only hear voices because you take yourself too seriously and wish you were crazy

I meant life on drugs

it's dont
i have diagnosed schizoaffective disorder
Weed increases positive symptoms for me but it's not always in a negative sense if i'm in a good mood while high
It's mainly disorganised speech and muffled talking
I can tell the difference between hallucinations while high because i know i am.
If i focus on a voice long enough it usually goes away, when I'm in psychosis it's a different story.
but i still like listening to music while high, it's just distracting

Look at how many times you used the word "I" in that paragraph. Can already tell this is your main talking point of any personal conversation. You just let everyone know about your condition don't you?

thats only because everything is better

you go user!
our youth need to to be reading this comics way too many pot addicts teens a wise man once said your always a loser when your a drug user

that happens to me without music when im high

yeah

Why do you smoke weed if you are schizophrenic? Isn't your god given natural high enough for you? Seriously though, if you are truly schizophrenic I'm fairly certain there is no therapeutic benefit to be had from smoking weed.

I'm high as fuck and can confirm that music is better when

The greatest Saga of all time

Being high is better when you're sober.

depends. sometimes it makes me completely lose my focus, or get hyper-analytical to the point that i cannot enjoy what i'm listening to on an emotional level. other times it makes me feel encompassed within the music, or more perceptive of some particular details.

/thread

I miss Quentin shitposting when it was more frequent.

LMAO

I used to think so then i realized that weed just dumbs you down and convinces your brain that it isn't

I actually find weed makes most music more unpleasant if I'm too stoned, and at that point am only able to enjoy folk and low-energy country.

Other than that, the only drug I've ever noticed impact my music listening experience was LSD, and I wasn't on a trip dose that night.

music makes the drugs fun

yeah

I'm in a similar boat.
If the tone is gross or there's too much dissonance it makes me physically uncomfortable.

So now when I smoke I try and listen exclusively to happy shoegaze, The Police, Kishi Bashi, or Bon Iver.

I'd much rather play word games or do something mentally engaging with other people than sink into the couch and be a vegetable anyway.

Funny you mention The Police, a comp CD we have of theirs was the only non-folk, non-country album I actually enjoyed recently after a huge sesh with some friends. Forgot that until now.

Hell yeah.

I fucked with my roommate by only talking in Police lyrics one sesh. He didn't catch on till I called him Roxanne with a shit eating grin on my face.

today i realized music is my only friend

weed for this feel?

OG Kush

True OG, had a 200mg edible today and friends are the least of my worries lmao that shit got me chilling and mix it with some dreamy music

>200mg edible
>THC equivalent of ~6 joints (if memory serves)
How the fuck are you even typing?

Some people can handle a lot of weed.

In addition, edibles aren't metabolized in the same way smoked weed is, and the high is often very different from the same strain smoked.

underrated

How do you even get a weed?

DUDE
WEED
LMAO

420 BLAZE IT FAGGOT

BOB MARLEY & PETER TOSH xD

Yeah, probably shouldn't smoke if you have a legit mental disorder.

Only krautrock.

For me it doesn't sound drastically different in any way. I'd rather listen to music sober.

I fucking hate Potheads so much.

You don't see Crack-heads or Junkies making threads like this

>objectively better
>being high, which is subjective
you fucked up son.

yea you're right everything should just be tailored for you, by virtue of you being you :)

Well why don't you start then

you sure showed me buddy, I have definitely changed my opinion on habitual Marijuana smokers

good life lesson: don't whine if you aren't ready to accept humility

>song is only enjoyable when you're high

Bullshit desu, it's just bad

this narrative was certainly started by someone who's never smoked pot before, and i don't even smoke.

>dude weed lmao

The problem with Stoners is they always have to voice their drug use to people who don't want to hear it. I've never understood why they are so fucking vocal about smoking a plant.

Is music objectively better when you're smoking a cigarette?

>Is music objectively better when you're smoking a cigarette?

only if it's sonic youth or something

Well no because smoking a cig doesn't alter your state of mind, other than being midly more relaxed.

have you ever smoked pot? or done the slightest bit of research on it? there are very clear differences between marijuana and tobacco, lol...

No, I don't think so. I think different people's favorite genres get amplified, but if I got high and listened to an album I didn't like, I wouldn't like it any more or less.

Found the faggot stoner

i'm just asking you questions you anxious retard

I agree with this, but as an ex-pot head (quit years ago) normies are so fucking annoying. They feel the need to point out any time they get a whiff, and make silly jokes like 'HEY, FEEELIN FUNNYYYY???' filled with condescension. Go drink pisswater

>Is music objectively better when you're smoking a cigarette?

Yes

>The problem with Stoners is they always have to voice their drug use to people who don't want to hear it. I've never understood why they are so fucking vocal about smoking a plant.

This is a myth. Literally no one is going to come to your doorstep and preach the virtues of marijuana you fucking retard.

>The problem with Stoners is they always have to voice their drug use to people who don't want to hear it. I've never understood why they are so fucking vocal about smoking a plant.

Aren't you... Doing the exact same thing?

critical thinking is frowned upon here

I just feel more focused on the music

Weed is just an intensifier. Everything is better.

Just don't smoke too much like I do, cause you'll find everything really boring when you're sober.

Quit for 6 months and then don't do it on weekdays. Best way to stay lean without fuckin your life up

I'm slowly adjusting to only smoking with my friends, who I see most days.

I'll choose my social life over my sanity thanks

not if you subconsciously hate the disjointed stuff you listen to but trick yourself into thinking you like it to create a persona to fill an empty void
speaking from experience

I did when I was like 14, I'm just saying that if you need to be high to enjoy something, it can't be that good

After smoking hash it's amazing. I dunno though I don't really get high that much anymore

just a friendly reminder that stoners amount to nothing life. even if you don't consider yourself a stoner, but still smoke weed, you will not amount to anything.

funny, cause I've got a comfy govt. job and a bachelors

>defending yourself this hard

>being this self-righteous

what's your job and what's your degree in?
how much you make a year?
must be fun working hard for your masters

sluggish, lazy, stupid and unconcerned