Found this cicada almost totally dead (it's legs were just barely moving) and it had these weird growths coming out of...

Found this cicada almost totally dead (it's legs were just barely moving) and it had these weird growths coming out of it. At first I thought that it was partially crushed and that they were some of it's guts but after picking it up I found that wasn't the case. Is it a parasite? That weird zombie fungus?

bumping for intrest

who gives a shit, throw that shit away you nasty nigger picking up dead bugs and shit

Might be, ask /sci/.

Looks like it's punctured. Maybe that's what killed it?

zombie fungus. OPs gonna die.

yup thats aids OP

Cordyceps like in The Last of Us

this is were it starts.

It's his penis

RIP

And thus the zombie apocalypse begins. Capped for posterity.

same here bruh. good luck.

Yes! YES! pick it up Brain! I mean, guy!

>Le zombie merchant meme

they don't live for very long in their adult phase, just long enough to fuck if their male, and fuck and then lay eggs if their female.

Cicada killer wasps lay eggs inside them and the larvae eat the carcass. Could be what you have there OP.

Also, dubs and OP eats it.

gdi, i thought i'd have at least a few more years before it started.
Thanks a lot, OP.

rollin for this. because it's fucking awesome. Titties and weed for you good sir

what's with all the fucking cicadas being posted on Sup Forums nowadays

lotsve things parasitise insecs could be zomby fungus or the lava of another insec

It's supposed to be a major mating year or something

Probably just parasitic insects or larvae feeding on it's corpse, but I dunno much about bugs.

periodicle cicadas only happen every 17 years or something maybe this is their year

if you figure thrm out you get to be a spy