Headphones

I'm dumping my 2 year old ATH-M30x's and I want to get an open-back pair for my birthday. Are there any good pairs of open-backs for around 200$?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-DT-990-Pro-250-Professional-Acoustically-Applications/dp/B0011UB9CQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fostex T50RP Mk3. The 20RP is the open version but I only have the 50s so I cant vouch for the open type.

the 50s are semi-open, but that's not out of the equation either

I don't know about when they will sell again, but I've heard good things about the Massdrop Sennheiser 6xx as well

Grado SR225e would be right up your alley.

looked over them before
sadly they're not sold where I live, and amazon delivery would just add unnecessary price

Sennheiser HD 598
Comes in black as well

i have 555's. the plastic siding cracks and breaks after a while and i had to tape the shit back together and the wire connector falls apart and comes off.

this is after like 5 years of owning them tho so ya... and they still work, just had to tape the fuck out of them.

supposedly this was an issue they fixed with the 5x8 series

I've had a pair of HD 598 for a couple of years and have had no issues

Apparently there's also 5x9 now

STOP

RIGHT NOW

BUY THESE

YOU WON'T REGRET IT

amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-DT-990-Pro-250-Professional-Acoustically-Applications/dp/B0011UB9CQ

I've always wanted to get open back headphones. What are the advantages/disadvantages of using open instead of closed headphones? other than the obvious "no sweat", "people can hear your music" stuff

open sounds much more like you are listening to speakers.
Much more wide, airy sound.

that plastic shit looks like itll break so fast

I've had mine for 2 years and they're fine.

the most boring headphones to ever exist

why is that?

ask /hpg/ on Sup Forums

you didnt even give us a location or preferred sound signature

christ

HD 558's/598's or T50RP modded

or pray to christ that the massdrop HD6XX come out again

literally zero bass
literally only good for accoustics

not gonna lie, i do like these headphones. good choice

>literally zero bass
stop using them on a shit source then

>literally only good for accoustics
why is that?

Not OP, I've never had higher quality headphones before. I was planning on getting the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 ohms and the FiiO E10K AMP/DAC. Is this a good choice? I'm aiming to spend between $200 and $250.

Thats a perfectly fine choice if you want a solid bassy headphone. Comfortable and built well.

Though you may want to look at SMSL DAC/Amp combos since theyre around the same price, built a bit better, and have a few more features.

literally wrong

idiot

Looking for new headphones as an upgrade from my HD 558s. Would I be able to get these to work on a Fiio E10K, or would I have to buy a better amp to power them?

Not the best if your looking for bass but they're not meant for that. They are studio work grade built for reference when mixing. Bass low end is the most commonly boosted or cut frequency whether it be in cars, tvs, subless computers, shitty clock radios, ultra bass speakers etc. That being said, if you were to use headphones that color your low end sound then you'd have yourself a track that only makes sense on you headphones. These headphones do a good job at leaving you at the neutral zones across all platforms. Personally I don't recommend any of these for casual listening if so the isolated high frequencies will cause definite discomfort after about an hour of use. If you are mixing, I recommend the M70 or the Beyerdynamic DT-990. If your just trying to listen to shit real pretty buy some beats, bose, or sonys. They all color pretty well

>DT
these are dope

You can get Fidelio X2s for around $230 on amazon

I've been enjoying the K7xx's for many months now. Buy an early 90's denon receiver to power them if you have the space and don't want to bother figuring out headphone amps.

The ATH-m50's have turned into a set of meme's, but this is the first pair of headphones I've had that have lasted almost 4 years and still work perfectly well. The exteriors ugly because I decided to buy a white pair, but this was one of my favorite purchases. Wouldn't mind a new pair, but I have bigger things to worry about right now

dunno why they get memed so hard, even the 30Xs are great and have lasted me very well