Just got into drawing, want to improve my skills. Go ahead and post ideas for things I can draw, or any tips you have...

Just got into drawing, want to improve my skills. Go ahead and post ideas for things I can draw, or any tips you have. I'll post results if I think I did any good, but I'm pretty self-conscious. Also don't be a fucking faggot, I know I can't stop you, but just.. don't.

Pic isn't mine, I ain't that good.

draw tits

Oh boy, this was a bad idea.

Draw kawaii hitler

fuck yes, might be a bit.

I wish I could draw like you, I draw terribly-constructed cartoons

The fuck are you talking about? I never said I was good.
Also I'm bad with hands so don't expect much out of that.

Bump

My own shit from when I drew more often

Remember, the greats weren't born great. Don't worry if you're shit... just keep at it.

Feel free to join me if you want, I'm pretty slow. Go ahead and post ideas for other people to draw too.

I want to see kawaii hitler.

BUMP.

op, I'm also trying out sculpture bc drawing is ok but I like 3d better.

Bump with an old doodle

Last semesters project, made out of clamps

How much 4 buy?

More shit.

I beleive in you OP. As long as you have the will you will find your way.

Not selling yet, still learning and compiling for a portfolio.

OP shall deliver btw, never been in one of these before so I don't know how long I have before hope is abandoned.

Check em

Dunno about you user, but for me, I find it really helpful to sketch everything out -very- lightly in pencil. Then I go over what I want to be the finished product in an ink pen, let it dry, then erase my bunches of screw-ups and things that're off like I never drew it.

I really like the pic you threw up in the OP - just keep at it. I used to suck, but once I actually started taking time to analyze things like angles, light sources, reality, and other stuff that gets taken for granted but you really want to appreciate in art, things slowly started improving.
I also dunno how your tastes are, but I feel like this is a cool thing to try drawing.

I'll just keep bumping with my shit until you produce.

I'm also just starting out, got into "making art" last semester

Oh, I tried pencil and paper but I'm too rough, prefer computer myself.
AH, SOILED IT!

one good tip to drawing better is to just draw photographs and redraw things other artists have drawn
try drawing diverse subjects and styles

Looks like shit.

Take a life drawing class. If you don't observe the world around you, you'll be doomed to copying faggot ass cartoons for life.

Show us your masterpieces or gtfo fegget.

Saved this from some user several years back and loved it. Maybe this can serve as some inspiration.

Gotcha, gotcha. Yeah, everyone's media mileage is different, but find what you're most comfortable with and run with it. If you want to get serious and stick with digital media, you might want to consider investing in a drawing pad or something - it allows you to draw on a tablet and actively draw on the computer since it'll mimic your inputs. It also is capable of messing with the pressure you're applying and other neat features.

In the meantime, just go slow and steady until you find a rhythm you enjoy and feel like you can do decent artwork with.

I know it's shit, I never said I was good.

Oh, I do have a Graphics Tablet, got it about 10 days ago. Shoulda mentioned that. Pretty nice, I do have to agree. Also I'd fuck that arm.

Fuck I'm bad at bodies in general.

It looks soooo good. I can't wait until my skill set is good enough to even try to replicate something like that.

This was another nice one posted in the same thread, same guy.

What you should try to do is look at the Fibonacci ratio (I believe that's what it was called) - it's a mathematical ratio of how the human body can be broken down proportionally. That way, you have everything looking realistic and proper.

Agree on Fib.
Golden ratio.
Seven heads rule.

Thread made me forget to fap.

Perc I took earlier isn't helping libido either.

This is how molly makes me feel.

Stippling on fleek

This thumbnail looks like an asshole on mobile.

draw me a motherfucking moon with some badass clouds n shit

Dat hatching is gr8.

Berserk is gr8.

You're gr8.

I wish I could say I drew it. But yes, it is gr8.
Sadly, I'm just another appreciative viewer of the work.

One Kawaii Hitler coming right up!

Stan Lee made a teach-yourself-to-draw thingie. I thought it was solid. Check it out.
Old-guy-gratis-lesson 1: drawing is 5% talent and 95% practice. Get at it!

Hopefully OP draws better than the shit I've been posting.

Inspire me.

Sculpture end of the semester project. I wish I could draw on the same level as I sculpt, but that's what mistakes are for.

So kawaii

Hello, OP here, realized how late it was for me (4 AM), so I sadly have to get off for now. Go my children, thrive among yourselves. Also I'll be working on the badass moon and clouds and shit.
See you tomorrow!

Later