Why is windows 10 so bad ?

Why is windows 10 so bad ?

Other urls found in this thread:

dedoimedo.com/computers/windows-7-to-10-gwx-how-to-remove.html
blog.ultimateoutsider.com/2015/08/using-gwx-stopper-to-permanently-remove.html
reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/3fhy27
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Microsoft doesn't want to make a new OS from the scratch so they keep recycling a system that peaked 6 years ago

>420 blaze dat cigarette

My fucking Store app has just up and fucked off. I can't find an official response and I can't be arsed reinstalling.

they push it way too hard.. after clicking away the flood of 'upgrade now' pop ups it still installed itself overnight which royally pissed me off.

and my programs are now called apps. WHAT CASUAL APPLE FAG DO THEY TAKE ME FOR?

what's the problem?

"Some info" asks for everything up to and including your dna blood sample.

While I was installing windows 10 the privacy questions it asked were beyond too much. and i normally don't give a shit about my privacy, but they were pretty fucking unnerving.

Privacy reasons aside, it's honestly not THAT bad of a system. though i still feel windows 8.1 was better, but as of now, this is the first system i've owned legally so i'm kinda stuck with it. (i pirated windows 8.1 but they still allowed me to update to windows 10 through the pirated 8.1).

(I mean, i've tried ubuntu before but linux is a joke)

i don't know if it's a good idea to upgrade from Win8.1 to Win10

don't worry microsoft will eventually do it for you wether you like it or not

Windows 10 stopped recognising my wireless card, and my router is on the opposite side of the house and cant be moved, so now im stuck with a giant expensive brick.
Tried reinstalling windows. Nothing. Apprently a bunch of people had that problem.

i'm a bit afraid of this

rollback procedure isn't hard at all

there are also reg keys you can create that will prevent it from upgrading

Honestly, it aint too bad. gaming performance is definitely better on win10. sure some of the fancy sidebar stuff is missing, i'd say give it a go. if you don't like it, it does allow you to revert to your previous OS within the first month.

no need to be, after the release date, it won't be free anymore so likely those forced naggy stuff will go away as long as you keep your OS updates off until july whenever.

It's kindof ok if you switch off all the data collecting crap that's automatically turned on.

>get windows 10 free upgrade
>vipre breaks because windows 10
>computer gets virus
>need to buy new harddrive because old one is basically bricked
>INSTALL WINDOWS FUCKING 7
>computer works again
>windows still asks me if i want to upgrade
>skeggety skeg

This guy helped me a lot.
dedoimedo.com/computers/windows-7-to-10-gwx-how-to-remove.html

Even now that the system run with less both loader, the amount of data the system share with MS in insane about 6 megabits every 10 minutes, from my experience. The volume varies if you use an program or the internet, they didn't remove the network logging feature, basically everything you see they may also see.

i think i could give it a try after all

If you aren't using DWS.exe, congratulations, you installed a botnet.

just remember that if it's not right for you, you got 30 days to revert back. it will store a copy of your windows 8.1 data files until the 30 days, and then it will remove them. that is if you install it via the upgrade thing they're advertising it with.

holy shit, that's not gonna hapend, i think i'm not going to try it

because you cant play some classic games like just cause 2 or pretty much every fucking game i own

had nothing but trouble when i got w10

also, the idea that it can turn off pirated programs (which it did) sits very poorly with me, like eating lobster and drinking wine while taking sleeping pills. the idea that my computer is just a bit more out of my control is a very bad thing indeed.

You motherfuckers do know there IS a thing called privacy settings menu, right? because all of that shit, you can turn off. holy shit.

the infamous one that switches your settings back to defaults after some time?

>>need to buy new harddrive because old one is basically bricked
nigga, plz...

not sure what drugs you're taking. mine have been the same as shown since i got this OS.

there are some privacy settings that you can't turn off at all. there's an image floating around making note of all the shit that even if you know about it, can't avoid microsoft from gathering on you.
it's a shit OS and you're a fucking tool if you use it, you deserve to be spied on.

Here ya go bros

blog.ultimateoutsider.com/2015/08/using-gwx-stopper-to-permanently-remove.html

it tracks everything you do and sends that info to microsoft... and it has piracy detection software making it difficult to torrent shit.

It's a poorly written and heavily backdoored botnet that was forcefully installed against most peoples wishes. It's also the first ever Microshaft OS to be given away for free.
Immediately after it's release it was found to be logging webcam, microphone, password and keystroke data and sending it all hourly to servers around the world.
Any attempts to turn datamining off are pointless unless using third party programs to choke windows at a programming level, even then upgrades and 'patches' release by microschlong turn it all back on again without users consent.

1. Forced updates (I own a PC to not deal with console shit)
2. Botnet
3. Incompatible with many, many older games
4. Incompatible with most 3rd party .dll libraries (used in older games, for modding, and for graphics post processing)
5. It's step 3 of the plan to make Windows into a cell phone/console based OS (eventually will literally share programs with Xbone)
6. They're programs godammit, not apps
7. Start menu still hideous
8. Microsoft is being a douche about the whole thing
A. Locking DX12 to Win10 to force upgrades in the future
B. Automatic upgrades
C. Strictly controlling new dev environment
D. I have fears of more subscription-based "features" in the future, like current MS Office or Adobe CC.

I'll never be upgrading from Win8.1 (with classic shell, God I hate every UI after 7) unless Microsoft gets their shit together. I know my personal choice doesn't really affect them much, but choosing not to upgrade is the only way I have to speak out against it.

When Win8.1 is truly obsolete for gaming, hopefully Linux will be a valid gaming platform.

An image floating on the internet? Well, then it has to be true. Why on earth would someone lie on the internet?

ask this guy

I did. Im computer engineer. Not a single issue.

You're "stuck" with a giant expensive brick, as in you can't buy another fucking wireless card.

Win 10 sucks, but you clearly are a retard.

I agree. It's my exact reaction to traction control, ABS, auto-stop, and automatic transmissions in cars.

I'm a control freak. I want my machine to do exactly nothing without my express permission.

oh, on the internet? then it has to be false.

win10 kek

>When Win8.1 is truly obsolete for gaming, hopefully Linux will be a valid gaming platform.
i'm hoping for this so much.
hope the devs start making games for vulcan, and that wine supports all the old crap perfectly.
then i can get rid of windows completely.

>the idea that it can turn off pirated programs (which it did)
15/20 progs are pirated. Nothing happened.
I installed win10 9-10 months ago.

This, basically.
Still on Windows 7, when it reaches the point I can't use it anymore I'll just fully switch to Linux.

As a matter of fact the only real reason I kept Windows was for gaming, I had everything else on Linux but I'm lazy.

ahh good old "KVM switchers".

>Why is windows 10 so bad ?
Because you're too stupid to configure it.

>get virus because anti virus solution 'breaks'
You are fucking retarded.
>bricked
Yes, yes you are.

>1. Forced updates (I own a PC to not deal with console shit)
You can turn that off.
>2. Botnet
You can turn most of that off
>3. Incompatible with many, many older games
Not true at all, try for yourself.
>4. Incompatible with most 3rd party .dll libraries (used in older games, for modding, and for graphics post processing)
Not true at all, try for yourself.
>5. It's step 3 of the plan to make Windows into a cell phone/console based OS (eventually will literally share programs with Xbone)
So they move the consoles closer to PC, where's the problem?
>6. They're programs godammit, not apps
They are apps, applications (programs).
>7. Start menu still hideous
That's a personal preference of yours and can be 'fixed' by third party software.
>8. Microsoft is being a douche about the whole thing
That's how you perceive it.
>A. Locking DX12 to Win10 to force upgrades in the future
So what?
>B. Automatic upgrades
That's what you said in 1. already.
>C. Strictly controlling new dev environment
Not really. (I'm a software developer)
>D. I have fears of more subscription-based "features" in the future, like current MS Office or Adobe CC.
Well, get yourself a (good paying) job and you won't have problems paying for software.

This.

>Still on Windows 7
So you're still on windows 7 and missed the whole point about them updating it so that the 'evil' features of win10 are there too? Poor you.

After installing 10, half of the programs didn't work, games ran poorly, basically my computer went down to 40% functionality

>go back to 7

Works like a charm

>So you're still on windows 7 and missed the whole point about them updating it so that the 'evil' features of win10 are there too? Poor you.
considering he's still on w7, so he disabled gwx and shit, i'd say that he also removed those shitty updates.

Same exactly (I'm that dude). I've never used Linux much (had Ubuntu on an older laptop just for schoolwork as it ran better), and honestly I much prefer Windows in almost every way, but I'll take a less-professional, sometimes-glitchy, annoyingly Mac-like UI over supporting Microsoft again.

thank Mr.Ballmer

I actually like Windows 10. Pro. I use it as my VM server. It has the latest version of Hyper V built right in the server 2012 doesn't have.

>So you're still on windows 7 and missed the whole point about them updating it so that the 'evil' features of win10 are there too? Poor you.

I didn't miss anything, you're just retarded and don't understand what you're reading.
Not that I give a fuck, though.

>Unsure whether or not to stay with 8.1
You fucking idiot.

>After installing 10,
>half of the programs didn't work,
Upgrading isn't installing.
>games ran poorly,
Games don't run any worse than on win7 or 8.
>basically my computer went down to 40% functionality
If that really is the case then you should look up how to configure your shitty setup correctly.

No problem

>upgrading isn't installing

Do you work for Microsoft's PR department? That's the kind of retarded hairsplitting I expect only from corporate flunkies.

Kek, no.

What I meant was, that if you upgrade to windows 10 instead of doing a clean install shit will just break.
Lots of people then go ahead and say win10 breaks all their programs, which just isn't true at all.

Oh, okay. That makes a ton more sense.

Worked 13years in iT. If your having issues with your windows 10 after upgrading. Do a fresh install. Never upgrade fucking faggots. And fix your setup. As for big brother. Thats just going to get worse. But its easy to get rid of it with some reg key hacks. Also windows 10 is way better than the rest.

Can you explain how it's better? I've read plenty of ways it's worse and the only rebuttal seems to be "it's better because it's better."

Another user here to confirm win10 is perfectly fine.
My whole life is vidya and 3d animation, and none of my games or programs stopped working or had to be altered to work with win10.
My friend is like the people in this thread, clutching his win7, telling me that games run worse and programs break on win10, while he hasn't even tried it.

Used an old laptop to test and figure out how to disabled all the intrusive shit, and so surprised that it was perfectly fine, that I now run it on my main desktop.

>Also windows 10 is way better than the rest.
wew, only truth here is dubs

This.
Also, give this a read: reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/3fhy27
I know hurr durr reddit, but that's actual good content on there, even tho it's just put together from other sources.

>while he hasn't even tried it.
This is the biggest problem, people not even trying because they heard or read about it being bad.

Most issues i.see here are all 3rd party driver issues. Windows 10 is a very smooth operating system. If your wireless card ia not working, its because of a bad driver. You cant run win10 on a old ass machine, it uses a lot of memory. 8gb is the min now for machines and you want a good cpu. I5 and up. 6th gen is unecessary unless you have a ton a applications opened or using esxi. Plus if your using esxi get a server. For torrenting and piracy. Get vmware and install windows 7 or server08 on it and go through that. I torrent with vpn on a legit server. No issues. Also bet the people.who are having issues has a machine thats more than 5 years old.

Was talking high end cpus on 6th gen that are 500 bucks. You do not need unless your a crazy gamer or running tons of shit..

>Also bet the people.who are having issues has a machine thats more than 5 years old.
I have win10 on multiple machines.

On my recently upgraded PC it works fine.

On my 6-7 years old Notebook it works fine.

At work I had it on my 10+ year old PC, it had a few driver problems so I got a new PC but it worked fine except for a black screen for like 2 seconds here and there.

So, win10 even works on old machines.

it's not. why do you think it is?
all windows 10 complaints have been true for every windows since vista. go use linux if you hate it so much.

I really don't pirate anything, but just the fact that it's necessary to run a separate OS to pirate due to MS spyware flips my paranoia switch.

Yes they would work but you will have some sluggishness. What i am saying is the users i have been hearing about have old peripheral devices. Why you need to upgrade on occasion. SSDs are the best. Get rid of that shitty spinner as your windows boot up and use it as a slave. You will notice a huge increase in speed.

>reading all the deluded bullshit from Microsoft fanboys and/or PR department

As a Linux user, you are the people I hate most.

>it's necessary to run a separate OS to pirate

lolwat

Why pirate on your main machine? You pirate a piece of software and install it and you destroy your shit like a tard and thej you have to rebuild. Waste. So VM. You do it virtually, i fuck it up and all i have to do is click a button to go right back to normal. Easiest shit in the world. Learn VM thats the future. All my clients now are using it. Its free too

>reading all the smug comments from knee-jerk microsoft haters

Cry me a river, you elitist faggot.
More tears.

It nearly bricked my laptop. It disabled one of my graphics cards and my wireless adaptor

Fuck you piece of shit

>>it's necessary to run a separate OS to pirate
It's not, the other user just prefers to do it that way.

I had the same problem. There are fixes though. It's all done through the command console. Just look it up. It only took a few minutes to get it to work. Then another few weeks to make it work correctly

I've given up arguing with fanboys

>ABS is scawee and I don't like it

You do know that ABS has been around since around the 80s and is a standard feature on all cars, right? It only assists you when you slam the brake pedal in an emergency, and exists so that you can stop quickly without locking the wheels up. It doesn't do anything else to your driving experience, if anything it gives you even more control over the vehicle.

Never used VM. Like I said, I never really pirate anything.

Unless you're 6, most people are intelligent enough to assume claims made on the internet are false until proven true

>Free
If you would have experience with VMs you wouldn't offer a Freeware to your "Clients". There are a lot of really good VM Software Solutions out there but you should only consider Freeware if it's for experimental or private reasons Only.

I'm aware of that. However, there are a few issues with it.
1. It's shit on dirt roads and can kill you if you have to stop fast on a dirt road. Locked brakes stop you fast on dirt, rolling wheels don't.
2. In part-time 4WD (which I'm in all the time for my hobby), ABS is extremely unpredictable
3. Because of that, manufacturers used to wire in defeat switches, but the federal government banned that practice.

Thus, for my purposes, it's better not to have it. Plus I have a nice little shelf where the module would go where I can put something useful, like an air tank.

It's something that you can get by without just fine if you know how to drive, and there are circumstances where it's unsafe. So it's better not to have it and to just have to drive smarter.

Wha'cha doodling on paint?

I'm stuck with most apps not launching, namely the actual fucking Store.

>other than this recent shite, W10 is a God send compared to the last few dollops of shite

ABS is useful.

Everything else I agree on.

failed business plans in mobile and win8
loss of market shares
new management
new generation of developers
MS really isnt the same company that it was 10 or 20 years ago

>MS really isnt the same company that it was 10 or 20 years ago
Name one successful company that is the exact same that it was 10-20 years ago.

You're fucking retarded.

On pavement in 2WD, yes. But it isn't strictly necessary, and there are times when it's unsafe, see here.
But unless you're also into rock crawling or spend most of your time on dirt roads, most people would rather have it.

Nintendo
Sony
Duracell
Coca cola
Pepsi cola

bawwww my econobox doesn't have an ABS-Off switch for when i try to drift on the astroturf.

retardation.

Yeah but. Office 365, SQL Server, Azure. Microsoft are still doing a pretty good job. And they create opportunities for other companies to develop & leverage their technologies. Unlike Apple... their closed architecture & supply chain doesn't create opportunities for anybody except their shareholders.

It's not.. Works fine. Worked with every version of windows, and the only really bad ones were ME, Vista and early windows 8.

Berkshire Hathaway

I own a widows phone, can I sell at a ridiculous price as "Collectors item"?

do it now before it's end-of-support

Dude, this is what I drive.

12 mpg of pure off-roading bliss. Really closer to 8 mpg when in 4LO.

and it comes with hard-wired ABS??

lolwtf

And no, I don't drift. If I drift in that thing it'll roll over. Read my post. ABS sucks on dirt and in 4WD. Now look at my pic. I'm in 4WD, on dirt. Really self-explanatory here.

Driver issues, compatibility issues, and weird random problems, like waking from sleep improperly.

I work for an insurance company, and my boss made all the computers Windows 10. I am the IT guy. Needless to say I got a partial raise and a bonus.