Xiu Xiu

What does Sup Forums think of this band? I only ever heard A Promise being talked about.

I just saw them live doing their Twin Peaks album before a showing of FWWM.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=93pQRoBXqS8
youtube.com/watch?v=PfF8lZCxtSk
youtube.com/watch?v=aZHHzIBnis4
youtube.com/watch?v=GacvwgKA810
youtube.com/watch?v=7VT-Zr-QPDo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

one of the bands straight people will never get.

My favorite Xiu Xiu album is actually Angel Guts: Red Classroom. Shaking rage seems to be the mood that fits Xiu Xiu the best, not fragile sadness or anxious fidgeting.
Fabulous Muscles is a close second.

Jamie's Twitter page is insufferable.

My favorite band ever. Personal favorite album is either Women as Lovers or Fabulous Muscles. But the first one I ever heard was Dear God I Hate Myself and it got me hooked instantly, so I recommend that.

Why do you think it's insufferable? I think it's kind of endearing. Pic related

Here's a flowchart I saved long ago from Sup Forums, I find it pretty accurate (just, by god, don't fear the 'pop')

Just saw them play Twin Peaks live last night. Absolutely amazing performance. Had me terrified at some parts and had me almost crying at others.

Did you get your signed copy from qt Angela ?

We can make a better one.

oc

Why are they considered a gay band? Is it Jamie's voice?

His voice and lyrics are bretty gay

listen to the lyrics. also I don't see a straight guy listening to this unless he has a feminine side

Jamie is a diva
He's not as much gay though, as he's just the kind of 'I can fuck anything that moves' type of guy
youtube.com/watch?v=93pQRoBXqS8

is it an unpopular opinion to like knife play more than a promise
pretty much everything i've read seems to suggest that a promise is just knife play but better
i also think knife play is more accessible than a promise

youtube.com/watch?v=PfF8lZCxtSk

bunch of left-wing assholes. listen to this.

I like Knife play better than Promise too
like FM>KP>AP

my friend booked these guys once when they were touring europe
he said they were really fucking rude and unpleasant towards him and the other people who were involved with making the show happen
so i never bothered to listen ot em

I know them as that band from that viper video

youtube.com/watch?v=aZHHzIBnis4

wtf? Did fouseytube hack them or something? Jesus christ what the fuck happened to jamie

everyone in the indie scene is a cunt are you really suprised. You have to be a weird asshole if you want to make good music

Straight and "get" it
Angel Guts is great, but Fab Muscles is overrated. A Promise and La Foret are where it's at. His twitter page is certainly strange but I've never seen anything I'd call insufferable. Examples?

no self-awareness

hes an insufferable libcuck

"Straight" and get it

fixed

most musicians are liberals who cares

This one already exists.

>no Former Ghosts

What's everyone's favourite Schwee Schwee song atm
youtube.com/watch?v=GacvwgKA810

the one thats depressing and noisy with a gay guy whining about his life. Yea that one

what the fuck are you talking about. Stop browsing Sup Forums and pitchfork. No wonder you're a cuck.

you're being ironic right? You DO realize you are currently browsing Sup Forums at this moment.

Is A Promise their noise-ist album? Cause I really like that aspect of it.

i'd say that women as lovers,la foret, and angel guts are their other most noisiest albums

THEY DID SOMETHING WITH GROUPER

OH FUGGGGGGG

I thought I post the one with Dr. Brule looking intensely him winking doesn't fit tonally with my post.

your friend was probably being a dick since they're known for being really nice. Or maybe they were just having a bad time

youtube.com/watch?v=7VT-Zr-QPDo

It's mostly the little breakdowns he has where he says something radical and deletes it a few hours after. There was one tweet where he said the troops were possibly the worst types of people and while I'm not particularly patriotic, I could tell by his demeanor and writing tone that the only legitimate reason he tweeted that was for shock factor.

the white tyler the creator

>There was one tweet where he said the troops were possibly the worst types of people

Nah, it's the same thing as with the Support Our Troops song - irc it's about some family member(s) who he hates very much and can't get over it.

I can understand your aversion to that. I haven't been following him too long and I don't go on twitter too often so I've not been exposed to anything of that nature

bullshit

I remember this he said all US soldiers are bad and that anyone that supports them are bad too.

he right. Military is cancer

Recently started listening to them. They're good and all but are literally all of their songs about being gay and domestic abuse?

It's pronounced schwee schwee? I don't no why but I've always said shoe shoe

they have a lot songs that arent about those. Are you even listening?

yeah, who cares - what's wrong with an artist sticking to a theme throughout the career if he's finding ways to do something different with it every time. Even Twin Peaks album fits right into this theme.

*know
Sorry guys my autism flared up for a sec

t. Switzerland

nothin wrong with bein a swiss lad. Still better than being an ameriburger

i was ready to chuckle and you fucked up

thanks for nothing asshole

"wahhhh a band wrote a protest song about a war I'm too young to remember :((" -user

horribly missed opportunity to call yourself a switzerlad