>Sweden
cucks
>Denmark
Germs in denial

Norway is the only one worthy of being king of tha nords

Sweden

danes ruled england and helped make the english language

so denmark

Why are swedestatetians and danerinos so fucking rude in this board?

Sweden

Pretty creative flags.

Equal

if flags denmark by far.
if countries then sweden, but I wouldn't really know, I'm just talking based on stuff that I've seen on like youtube and whatnot.
otherwise people consider them to be equally as good and autistic, and I'm not the exception.

danish language sounds absolutely retarded but cute, like babbies that can't properly speak.

Denmark.

and here we have the shitty and weak "austral"ian b8

delte dis

800-1658 denmark
1658-1990 sweden
1990-2016 denmark

neither

bit of a sore point eh?

dont talk to me monkey

Sweden is shit
don't chose it

both are city of men and calling one better than the other is like ranking dirt and dust

hm really makes you think

Denmark obviously, any other answers are wrong.

>argentinian wants to go to Sweden
Hmm really makes you think

Denmark because Swedish people are weird :S

Iceland

>King of the nords
>Literally fucked by Sweden and Denmark for the majority of its history
>Language is Swedish-sounding Danish
>Royal family is Danish

Sweden is richer due to more developed economy. Sweden is more liberal, even pretty lefty, Denmark is more conservative, right wing country. Swedish sounds way better. So depends on what do you prefer. I would choose Sweden because I am far left.

try taking the potato out of your mouth when addressing to me

He's (((white))) therefore he wants to be around his people

I don't.
my country is pretty comfy.
I just like their landscape and language better than yours. :^)
youtube.com/watch?v=QGJgP28Yso4

Explanation?

Denmark

muh stormaktstid

Why are you butthurt towards Denmark

I'm not, I'm a unionist

What dialect of Faroese do you speak?

denmark, only negative side is that their country is so tiny

Tórshavn dialect. I say -ir instead of -ur (always) and sometimes confuse the accusative and nominative case in spoken language, although I know the difference.

Then there must be a second poster from faroe

there are three in this thread m8

This question goes to all Faroese people here

What do you think about other parts of the islands?
What would people think if someone learned Faroese (Although the dialects fuck it up)

I'm very interested in the subject.

>Denmark is more conservative, right wing country

when the memes goes too far

I love this meme, but in reality, the only difference is that danish state-media is centrist, while swedish state-media is stupidly far to the left.

>unionist
???

Faroese is pretty standardized at this point. Dialects have mostly turned into accents. I personally find the Suðuroy dialect/accent repulsion.

different guy than the one you responded to

not sure how I should understand the question, but since I live in Tórshavn as well, I just find every other island's villages (or the only other town, which is Klaksvík) too small to not be boring as hell, but people seem to prefer them while still liking to travel to Tórshavn, hence why we have so many tunnels connecting the islands

I know foreigners who speak with pretty broken dialect and grammar, but nobody actually seems to mind since people (or at least I) appreciate that they're trying and still learning

Do you guys also hate your media? Latest poll show that a pitiful 20% of the population actually trust the media.

What do you think about Gasadalur?

Denmark all the way

I was told that some people don't like it because Faroese is /their/ thing and they rather foreigners learn Danish instead.

A dying village which shouldn't have gotten a tunnel, because they only used it to escape.

I have never actually heard that. We're well aware that people have an easier time integrating if they know and/or speak the language, so an effort is made to teach it to foreigners.

I also know a few danes who I believe take some extra classes after school to familiarize themselves with Faroese.

DR (State media) is probally the most widely liked media outlet in Denmark, they're mostly centrist, I'd say a solid 80% find them reputable. All privately owned news outlets seem to have a bias leaning to the right, with a few exceptions of course.

Escape from what?

Yeah, I was also told that people from the capital are more tolerant than those from the tiny villages.

Most of the inhabitants moved to Sorvágur soon after the tunnel was built, now only old people live there. The village will be uninhabited in 20 years.

I know someone from Gasadalur, she's 17 and tells me that only 20 people live there.

Some of the village inhabitants can be oddly entitled and pompous at times, like Sandoy people wanting a tunnel just so they can drive between Sandoy and Streymoy without needing to sail across or, God forbid, actually moving, while it costs the country a hefty amount of tax money.

she probably doesn't live there permanently and the chances of her starting a family there are very slim

Stop ignoring me ><

unionist means cuck

What do you mean by ???

I'm a unionist, I'm in favour of continued union with Denmark.

Damn, are all Faroese people alike? Or there are major differences among them?

She mostly lives in Torshavn, but her parents live in Gasadalur.

Nobody likes Sandoy, literally nobody. They are savages and drunk electricians. People from Eysturoy tend to be more religious as they were heavily targeted by the Danish Indre Mission in the 19th century and subsequently unionist. 40% of northerners are baptist.

So our tax monies go to building tunnels so 20 old people can be spared a boat ride

t. DF voter

Faroese taxpayers money.

Wow, that sounds, terrible.

Is this how you say "I miss you"?
"Án þess ég eri fugl ekki bloggað"
(Gasadalur dialect btw)

Everyone makes fun of the different islands and towns/villages, which is because of our minor (or sometimes considerable) differences, and different dialects.

But living in Tórshavn, there are people from many different islands around here, so you get used to it if you've grown up here

You guys are so easy

Denmark would be GOAT if they were the size of Sweden, and not the size of one of our smallest provinces

Thanks

Also 3 question marks mean What?

Swe-

who the fuck even cares? This topic is stupid.

>try to follow this faroe people's convo with the american
>google faroe islands
>the entire "country" has a population that's half of my tiny ass city

how the fuck do you have so many towns for fucks sake.

Sometimes I'm genuinely curious about what you guys learn about rigsfællesskabet in primary school

Eg sakni teg

Danes are brotier, Swedes can go fuck themselves

Pretty similar to Swedish "Jag saknar dig". Cool.

If someone of darker skin goes to the islands, what would they think?

Thanks!

Brassinyymi? Get a fucking life.

Our basic vocabulary has cognates 90% of the time with other Nordic languages

You have never been to Sweden or Denmark.

I have yet to see a Swede/Norwegian/Dane who hasn't already lived here for a year actually understand a full sentence. The more proper vocabulary is closer to Icelandic.

We learn absolutely zero.

I didn't know the Faroe Islands even existed until I was 12 and heard in the TV that some chinese people were REEEEing at you.

I also didn't know Iceland was a part of Denmark once.

If my mom didn't work in Greenland I'd probally not have known it too.

But I did learn about slavery and niggers called Petersen in the virgin islands, so there's that.

Most people would have learned about it all when they are confirmated.

For some reason I figured it'd be more similar to Icelandic, which is not as intelligible. Guess I was wrong.

wat

Obviously pronunciation and spelling vary, but basic words like walk, talk, sing and sister have cognates, a shared root, in Danish/Norwegian/Swedish. The language overall is more similar to Icelandic.

If I were to learn Faroese, I'd most likely learn the Torshavn dialect, right?

I thought icelandic was nothing like scandinavian languages.

>if i were to learn faroese,
i feel that learning literally any other language would be a more useful and rewarding experience

no offense faroes

Faroese women though

Faroese and Icelandic were both more isolated and didn't receive much influence from continental Europe

I'd imagine that you'd learn proper pronounciation. All dialects have their odd pronounciations which are spelled differently (Tórshavn pronouncing "maðurin" as "maðirin", for example). It'd probably depend on the teacher and what kind of people you'd listen to, but any dialect is basically acceptable and understandable to everybody.

It's like old norse if it didn't change for 1000 years.

Mainland scandinavian languages got heavily influenced by Low German (RIP).

So they're apparently not that bad. I was told they are very different.

With a total number of about 80k people actually speaking the language, I think that's more or less a fact. An additional perk of learning it is that Icelandic becomes much easier to understand, but that has a pretty insignificant number of speakers as well.

We learn Danish as a mandatory language from third grade and up, which is the main reason why we understand Norwegian and partially Swedish as well.

>eternal anglo divide an conquer tactics
hang yourself

why is your cross thinner than the rest?
make it wider, it looks weird.

>partially Swedish
Why only partially? There's hardly any difference between the written scandinavian languages. Just replace dashed-o with ö, æ with ä and replace -e endings with -a and it's basically swedish.

I feel like Danes are the cooler people overall, but Sweden has some advantages over them such as the awesome city of Stockholm and being neighbours with Norway. Dunno

>awesome city of Stockholm

Written Swedish isn't difficult to understand, but it's when I'm listening to it that I only understand about half of what you're saying.