Can any Germans help me read this?

Can any Germans help me read this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sütterlin
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It says SIEG HEIL MEIN FÜHRER BRATWURST OKTOBERFEST BIER

The bottom part says: for grandmother

It says you're a faggot op

Somebody else mentioned that it might be in an older German dialect. Is this possible?

Yeah, it also sounds a little bit formal

right, the rest is a Name

Right on, why do you say it sounds formal??

All the stuff above "for grandmother" is just a name?

This is the other side if anyone cares

wow... he actually looks handsome as fuck. sucks he had to die in some shitty war

We don't, but thanks anyway

Thanks! Thats my great-grandfather. Just trying to get some more info on him. I know he was captured by the soviets in '45 and held till '54.

9 years as a soviet PoW... fuck

maybe love´n greeting on the top

he survived as a russian pow for 9 years? jesus... this nigga is as hard as hard gets.

Maybe, it's looking like maybe Ill never know haha

Valjevo is a town in Serbia and thats a Serbian uniform. Could be a volksdeutche serving in royal yugoslav army.

Yea, he was captured immediately after getting his wagon train to Germany, all the way from Yugoslavia. The allies did strafing runs on them, killing their horses and blowing up their wagons. It was mostly women, children, and the old.

I love all their old stories

Yes! Theyre from Rudolfsgnad, Yugoslavia. This was before he was forced to fight for Germany. We'rr Danibe-Swabians, so they basically had him by the balls hah

This looks like Sütterlin

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sütterlin

My grandmother is writing this style as well. It's like an on-the-fly encryption for me (and merely every german today).

Love the stash.. It's gonna be a trend some day, ill tell ya!

I can feel it in my bones!

Woah, now thanks for that man. I recall someone mentioning this as well. Perhaps you all are right?

My great uncle was captured in Berlin at the end of the WW2. Spent many years in Siberian pow camp. Wife remarried then x years later turns up on the doorstep. he had some pretty crazy stories

Titos jacket. Fuck the partisans!

Share a couple?

My great uncle was in the SS, and was one of the first people into the soviet union during the invasion supposedly. I was told they went into the towns at night and silently bayonetted everyone in their sleep

Overall he was a nice guy though

It says "Andenken von ??? Franz für Großmutter"
Translated "Memory/souvenir from ??? Franz to Grandmother"

Ripping bottom off pants to blow your nose before you go outside in the cold for 12+hours, don't do this and snot freezes basically said people would sneeze or blow their nose and whole thing would rip off.

The story of him staying behind in Berlin with a handful of other men and letting the others try and escape was pretty chilling, changed out of his ss officer uniform because once captured he would be tortured and killed with out a doubt. Him and his men stayed silent about who he was the whole time.

Mostly just survival stories, I was very young when when he was alive. But very strong man, presence filled the room, and although he lived in Australia still believed hitler had been doing the right thing.

Holy shit, THANK YOU user. Thank you so much

Did what they had to do I guess

I can't identify that word in front of Franz. Looks somehow like "frith" or "frish" but that doesn't make any sense

Frisch? Thats their name! Franz Frisch!